Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservations Changed With Booking Platform Switch

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by MrM2016
I emailed this address and got told they would honour the points booking even though it continues to show as cash.

Not hugely comfortable with this, but I'll take a print out of the email when I check in in 2 weeks.
Don't lose any sleep over it. You have your original confirmation and you have the hotel's assurance that they see it's a points reservation. Everyone know that Marriott has had 1 or 2 IT issues over the past few months. Have a great time!
MrM2016 likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
A call to customer service was able to sort out the first two issues. No resolution on the St. Regis yet, but I booked that through FHR so I may just have to cancel and rebook.
If you booked through FHR, AFAIK they need to make corrections. However, I'm a bit surprised that you can see FHR reservations in your SPG or Starriott account.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 6:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you booked through FHR, AFAIK they need to make corrections. However, I'm a bit surprised that you can see FHR reservations in your SPG or Starriott account.
Unrelated-but I usually can see FHR. I type in my loyalty number and it carries over to Marriott.com reservations.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by Quimby4
St Regis Bora Bora 240k points booking now converted to cash booking. Not till May 2019 so will wait for this to sort out so people who are traveling in next couple of weeks can get theirs sorted out. Im actually cancelling the res once it goes back to points.
Well I'll have to monitor the reservation availability every day looking for your 5 days to show up. We have 3 days in April but actually prefer May if the longer period of time shows up.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:02 pm

Lol, or you could just PM me to ask me to let you know when I cancel
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
I made a booking at a Starwood property (Aloft) back in October (for a stay next year) and booked what was a prepaid advance purchase rate. I was redirected from the Marriott site over to the Starwood site to make the booking, and I put in my Marriott Rewards number as I did not have one for Starwood. I was never charged for the room. The terms stated that I was to be charged at a certain date, and whenever it would get to that date, it would keep pushing the date further and further back.

Now that my reservation has been transferred to Marriott's system as of 12/11, they issued me a new reservation number, and they still haven't charged me. Under the Credit Card Info section, my credit card details are pre-populated (but blanked out except for the last 4 digits). Should I try to re-input the credit card info there? I would prefer that they charge me sooner than later, just so that I know for sure that it will be at the rate that I booked at, and not at the current rate.

Do I run any risk of breaking something or having my reservation cancelled because it was never paid for? The other strange thing is that it's no longer showing as an advance purchase rate, and that I have until 2 days before checkin to cancel without penalty. Is this a bug? They're still selling a prepay in full, nonrefundable rate except it's now significantly higher than when I booked in October.

EDIT: Immediately after I viewed the reservation on the website, I was sent another confirmation email from Marriott. Maybe that will push it through.

Last edited by diburning; Dec 13, 2018 at 1:41 am
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:03 am
kkl

this just happened for my LC Mystique reservation. Might give it a month and see if it fixes automatically
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Bonvoy Bonzaiiiii, National EE
I made a reservation months ago w/ Marriott points at the Four Points Sheraton Singapore Riverview for 12/17 check in.

Reservation was active in my Marriott account.

I did a Suites Night Upgrade and got an confirmation yesterday that my room was upgraded.

Now the reservation doesn't show at all in my account under active or cancelled reservations, and manually searching for it with the confirmation number yields no results.

Anyone have this happen to them? Do I need to call and continue waiting on hold forever to fix this?
Old Dec 13, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by kkl
this just happened for my LC Mystique reservation. Might give it a month and see if it fixes automatically
Same thing for my Mystique reservation; I called the plat line a couple days ago, and they reached out to the hotel. I got an e-mail today advising that with the platform transition, their existing points reservations seem to have been changed to cash reservations, and that Marriott is looking into it. Also got a confirmation that they're holding my reservation as originally booked (points) and that I could use the e-mail as written confirmation.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moos16
Same thing for my Mystique reservation; I called the plat line a couple days ago, and they reached out to the hotel. I got an e-mail today advising that with the platform transition, their existing points reservations seem to have been changed to cash reservations, and that Marriott is looking into it. Also got a confirmation that they're holding my reservation as originally booked (points) and that I could use the e-mail as written confirmation.
Sounds like I should let them sit for a few weeks and see if Marriott will correct them instead of spending hours on the phone.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:34 am

I have a reservation at the St. Regis Punta Mita that I have made for 5-nights for 240,000 points. After the integration on December 11, the reservation now says, "This reservation has e-certificate(s). Your Reward certificates will be sent to your hotel." However, I have not booked using e-certificates but with points.

I emailed the hotel and they said, "As far as Resort knows, previously paid reservations and points amount are not affected after migration, your reservation was previously confirmed and remains confirmed after migration. If you would like to confirm no more points have been required after migration, please be so kind to contact our Marriott Central help desk, as unfortunately in house reservations is not entitled to access your points account."

What do I do next?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:40 am
kkl

Originally Posted by TerryK
Sounds like I should let them sit for a few weeks and see if Marriott will correct them instead of spending hours on the phone.
That's what I will do to as I want to cancel my booking and make a points forward booking so I won't tie my points up for 9 months
Quimby4 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GarudaSoars
I have a reservation at the St. Regis Punta Mita that I have made for 5-nights for 240,000 points. After the integration on December 11, the reservation now says, "This reservation has e-certificate(s). Your Reward certificates will be sent to your hotel." However, I have not booked using e-certificates but with points......What do I do next?
Nothing. There is nothing to do.

Marriott system converts points to eCertificates and send them over to hotel. Your point reservation actually converted correctly. Count yourself lucky.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by TerryK
Nothing. There is nothing to do.

Marriott system converts points to eCertificates and send them over to hotel. Your point reservation actually converted correctly. Count yourself lucky.
Yes, I have 3 award bookings, including 2 at the St Regis PM, and one at a design hotel. All 3 show this and seem to have converted correctly.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 10:56 am

Has anyone gotten a points to cash reservation fixed yet?
While some say Marriott will implement a fix, I'm not so confident. Emailed SPG last night, waiting for a response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.