Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 2:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
High volume of mails “during peak travel season”. Marriott’s denial their systems and process are in meltdown is becoming insulting.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital
A mere 14 days later I received this...

"Dear DavefromSt.Vital,

Thank you for contacting Marriott regarding your Elite status.

We sincerely apologize that you did not receive a response to your email sooner due the very high volume of e-mails we are receiving now during the peak travel season for our members. We are making every effort to respond to all members as quickly as possible.

Thank you for being a valued Elite member of our program. I understand your frustration with the information currently reflected on your account. Please be assured that this is being looked into and we will update you as soon as possible.

We appreciate you, and thank you for choosing Marriott.

Sincerely,"

Typical CSR speak... Say as little as possible so you can't be held accountable. I never knew/expected fall to be their "peak travel season", This pretty much says nothing but unfortunately still much more that many receive so I guess merely getting a response is now extraordinary service.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital
We sincerely apologize that you did not receive a response to your email sooner due the very high volume of e-mails we are receiving now during the peak travel season for our members. We are making every effort to respond to all members as quickly as possible.
What nonsense. And it shows the level of regard they have for their guests.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by craigthemif
"should" is the correct term. But can't be 100% certain. Just as the promo double stay credits have disappeared into the ether, so might multiple rooms...

I am so relieved to have done my 25 stays / 50 nights at SPG (thanks to double status credit) before July...
I'm counting on the double stay credits I had from a Q1 promo being recognised, in order to qualify for Plat (currently at 21 stays but only 15 without the 2x credits counting). Are you saying that I have no chance of getting these recognised?

When I contacted a CSR via SPG, she said I would need to make the 4 remaining stays first, and then contact CS and try to get them to add back the extra stays from the SPG Select promo (I have the original email confirming my offer and all of the stays during this period did successfully register as 2x nights). I have 3 more SPG stays baked in anyways, so adding one extra as a mattress run won't be too hard. I'd just prefer to know that I'm not wasting my time (would obviously prefer to save the cash also).
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I'm counting on the double stay credits I had from a Q1 promo being recognised, in order to qualify for Plat (currently at 21 stays but only 15 without the 2x credits counting). Are you saying that I have no chance of getting these recognised?
I have a SPG Plat colleague in the same position. She contacted Customer Services (using the link from her SPG online account page) earlier today to say she was going to requalify this year by doing 25 stays at legacy SPG properties and asking them to confirm how many stays she has had year to date, to cross-check with her own records and verify that the double-stays she had from the targeted promo really have counted double.

This came back :

Thank you for your email regarding your SPG Rewards account. I hope you are well today.

Please follow the tips per our FAQ page: https://members.marriott.com/spg

You will note that now that we are part of Marriott we do not counts stays but only count the nights you staid per year for your status . You have 28 nights credit year to date. Meaning you need 22 more night to keep you platinum status for next year.

When you log in to you account you will notice a drop down next to your name on the top right side of the web page here you can go to activities to see your stays and up coming stays.

I hope this information was helpful.

Best Regards,

B B
Special Programs – Customer Care Associate

Yikes.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yikes!

I would be so upset to get this with only two months left in the year.

Plus, it puts into doubt whether stays will really count for status come January if the stay requirements for 2018 have been met, even without the double stay/night SPG promo.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Once again, the decision to combine & shift everything midyear will be seen as a boneheaded decision for years to come...and it looks even worse given the ongoing IT & CS issues
Old Oct 29, 2018, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I have a SPG Plat colleague in the same position. She contacted Customer Services (using the link from her SPG online account page) earlier today to say she was going to requalify this year by doing 25 stays at legacy SPG properties and asking them to confirm how many stays she has had year to date, to cross-check with her own records and verify that the double-stays she had from the targeted promo really have counted double.

This came back :

Yikes.
It's so sad that once these responses are proven false the only comment will be "sorry". It seems MR CSRs are not empowered now encouraged to research their answers before responding to customer requests. Maybe instead of boycotting MR properties, we should boycott MR CSRs? Let the bean counters determine fewer are needed and they reduce the staff. Then as MR gets their act together ramp up the calls and get them to hire new people.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, GHA Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Platinum IHG, Marco Polo Gold
Well I guess it pretty much depends on your luck as to which agent replied your email/query. I was lucky to have a nice agent which was kind enough to go through all my stays and listed all out for me.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your account. I hope this email finds you well.

Up until December 31, 2018 stays will be Grandfathered and counted towards Elite status, the former stay requirement for Platinum status was 25 stays. Currently we show you have XX stays, here is the record:

1. XXXX arriving on January 11, 2018

2. XXXX arriving on February 13, 2018

3. XXXX arriving on February 24, 2018

4. XXXX arriving on March 8, 2018

5. XXXX arriving on March 9, 2018

6. XXXX arriving on March 22, 2018

7. XXXX arriving on March 31, 2018

8. XXXX arriving on April 3, 2018

9. XXXX arriving on April 15, 2018

10. XXXX arriving on May12, 2018

11. XXXX arriving on June 2, 2018

12. XXXX arriving on June 28, 2018

13. XXXX arriving on June 29, 2018

14. XXXX arriving on June 30, 2018

15. XXXX arriving on August 10, 2018

16. XXXX arriving on September 1, 2018

17. XXXX arriving on September 14, 2018

18. XXXX arriving on September 27, 2018

19. XXXX arriving on September 28, 2018

20. XXXX arriving on September 29, 2018

If you are missing a stay, we ask that you send a copy of your hotel bill or credit card statement to [email protected] . A reservation confirmation does not represent the total dollar amount spent. Please include your date of arrival, length of stay and your membership number.

We regret any inconvenience our request may cause; however, this information is necessary in order to award you with the appropriate number of points.

We look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming stays, have a good week.

Best Regards,

XXXX.
Special Programs
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by golfhan1
Well I guess it pretty much depends on your luck as to which agent replied your email/query. I was lucky to have a nice agent which was kind enough to go through all my stays and listed all out for me.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your account. I hope this email finds you well.

Up until December 31, 2018 stays will be Grandfathered and counted towards Elite status, the former stay requirement for Platinum status was 25 stays. Currently we show you have XX stays, here is the record:

1. XXXX arriving on January 11, 2018

2. XXXX arriving on February 13, 2018

3. XXXX arriving on February 24, 2018

4. XXXX arriving on March 8, 2018

5. XXXX arriving on March 9, 2018

6. XXXX arriving on March 22, 2018

7. XXXX arriving on March 31, 2018

8. XXXX arriving on April 3, 2018

9. XXXX arriving on April 15, 2018

10. XXXX arriving on May12, 2018

11. XXXX arriving on June 2, 2018

12. XXXX arriving on June 28, 2018

13. XXXX arriving on June 29, 2018

14. XXXX arriving on June 30, 2018

15. XXXX arriving on August 10, 2018

16. XXXX arriving on September 1, 2018

17. XXXX arriving on September 14, 2018

18. XXXX arriving on September 27, 2018

19. XXXX arriving on September 28, 2018

20. XXXX arriving on September 29, 2018

If you are missing a stay, we ask that you send a copy of your hotel bill or credit card statement to [email protected] . A reservation confirmation does not represent the total dollar amount spent. Please include your date of arrival, length of stay and your membership number.

We regret any inconvenience our request may cause; however, this information is necessary in order to award you with the appropriate number of points.

We look forward to welcoming you on your upcoming stays, have a good week.

Best Regards,

XXXX.
Special Programs
Did you have any "stays count double" due to the targeted SPG promo earlier this year?

Also, just to make sure since it isn't explicit in your post, you do understand, don't you, that to qualify for Plat under the legacy SPG method of 25 stays, all of these stays that are counted for the 25 must be in legacy Starwood properties ONLY, not including Marriott and not including RC?
Old Oct 29, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, GHA Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Platinum IHG, Marco Polo Gold
At the same time I also emailed 'Starwood' side just the sake of cross checking with 'Marriott' side and the respond I had few days later was below:She also listed me the stays I had done so far in 2018, but seems they mistakenly credited me with an extra stay when I stay 3 consecutive nights.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Platinum Liaison concerning your interest in requalifying for Platinum with stays. It is always a pleasure to assist a loyal Platinum Elite member.

You will be pleased to know that you can requalify for Platinum with 25 stays at legacy Starwood hotels until December 31st, 2018. You also do not have to take my word for it. This information is published on our website.

I have carefully reviewed your account and found that you have the following stays at legacy Starwood hotels, so far:

I would like to wish you good luck on requalifying for Platinum. In the meantime Mr. XXXX, if there is anything further I can help you with; please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

XXXX
Associate, Platinum Liaison
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide LLC
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:23 am

Unfortunately I never had any targeted promo this year at all and thus no double stay accounted for. and Yes I totally understood and those are my legacy SPG properties stay. I only had less than 5 Marriott stay this year and they're not listed above.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by golfhan1
At the same time I also emailed 'Starwood' side just the sake of cross checking with 'Marriott' side and the respond I had few days later was below:She also listed me the stays I had done so far in 2018, but seems they mistakenly credited me with an extra stay when I stay 3 consecutive nights.

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Platinum Liaison concerning your interest in requalifying for Platinum with stays. It is always a pleasure to assist a loyal Platinum Elite member.

You will be pleased to know that you can requalify for Platinum with 25 stays at legacy Starwood hotels until December 31st, 2018. You also do not have to take my word for it. This information is published on our website.

I have carefully reviewed your account and found that you have the following stays at legacy Starwood hotels, so far:

I would like to wish you good luck on requalifying for Platinum. In the meantime Mr. XXXX, if there is anything further I can help you with; please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

XXXX
Associate, Platinum Liaison
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide LLC

May I know which email address did you send to?

Thank you
Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:59 pm

It's all the emails that I could possibly think of at a time which were:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

But not sure if all been successfully delivered but, at the very least, I got some replies from them.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Now two months since I should have been Platinum and no further word on anything. Am I hopeful that Marriott IT will figure out the SPG Double Stay promo before tomorrow night's stay?

Not counting on lounge access...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.