Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qualifying for 2019 Platinum in 2018 by [25 SPG property] stays

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 9:21 pm

Programs: QF Pl, SQ Gold, HHonors Gold, Accor Gold
My SPG Platinum (Re)Qualification email sent on 2017-12-31 stated "Congratulations — you’re Platinum with SPGŪ. Your status is valid through February 28, 2019."

So, we may have to wait a couple weeks after Bonvoy launches... However, different program different rules.

I'm still waiting for my lifetime years to increment based on stays.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by yuzheny
Now that it's already Feb., is it safe to assume that if you're Plat now you will be Plat for the rest of the year?
Thx.
It's a good presumption. However, heaven only knows when Marriott IT will get around to having a stable platform so anything could happen at any time. There's nothing you can do about it, so just move on and enjoy the Plat benefits while you can. Maybe if you make Plat this year they will not try to claw back any bonus points earned between now and then.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:52 am

Thanks, silverforumsurf and RogerD408. Let's wait and see ...
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:54 pm

I'm still waiting for my count to increase, so DP on the other side.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I don't think my 25 stay for 2018 has lead to +1 year of plat, but I haven't lost my status and its Feb 5th so...

I did get +1 plat year for finally merging accounts in January. I had the multiple accounts with same email and they sent me a warning. Perhaps the account merger code identifies the 25 stays in 2018 condition? I can't say for sure. I assumed the +1 here was from a 2017 year as a matched MR plat merging with my SPG plat history.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
I don't think my 25 stay for 2018 has lead to +1 year of plat, but I haven't lost my status and its Feb 5th so...

I did get +1 plat year for finally merging accounts in January. I had the multiple accounts with same email and they sent me a warning. Perhaps the account merger code identifies the 25 stays in 2018 condition? I can't say for sure. I assumed the +1 here was from a 2017 year as a matched MR plat merging with my SPG plat history.
Any chance you did screenshots of both accounts BEFORE combining accounts? That's about the only way to tell.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:49 pm

Status goes until the end of February, so I guess March 1 will be the moment of truth for everyone. You should then know if your status is correct or not!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
It's a noun. And a verb.

Folks, to keep this thread on-topic, a few side-discussion posts have been de-incremented.
peterjloh likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:38 am

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
My account is still not updated.
I spent 90 minutes yesterday with Marriott customer service on the phone (was transferred twice) to resolve this.
The first two reps were more or less confused about this legacy SPG thing (nights vs. stays, 25 for plat vs. gold).
The last rep was more helpful, however she could not confirm the additional stays I received from the double elite qualifying credit promotion.
I reported the exact date and time I registered, but this doesn't seem to be in their system.
As a result, I just had to email all my proof to their research email account. From what I read in someone's comment, he/she never got a reply from that email after the merger.
I'm not entirely sure what to do if I don't hear back. Is there a dedicated support extension number for legacy SPG stuff?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by usuario
I spent 90 minutes yesterday with Marriott customer service on the phone (was transferred twice) to resolve this.
The first two reps were more or less confused about this legacy SPG thing (nights vs. stays, 25 for plat vs. gold).
The last rep was more helpful, however she could not confirm the additional stays I received from the double elite qualifying credit promotion.
I reported the exact date and time I registered, but this doesn't seem to be in their system.
As a result, I just had to email all my proof to their research email account. From what I read in someone's comment, he/she never got a reply from that email after the merger.
I'm not entirely sure what to do if I don't hear back. Is there a dedicated support extension number for legacy SPG stuff?
The Lurkers are your best bet! (I can't bring myself to call them the B******* Lurkers.)
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:23 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
agreed

I agree with usario. Calling customer service is like pulling teeth. Very frustrating, not very informatiive..............

I was advised I have "lifetime" Plat status. I take this to mean I won't have to requalify for 2020 & beyond. Is this correct?

Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I agree with usario. Calling customer service is like pulling teeth. Very frustrating, not very informatiive..............

I was advised I have "lifetime" Plat status. I take this to mean I won't have to requalify for 2020 & beyond. Is this correct?
Yes, you do not need any nights to keep basic Platinum status. However, if you want to get any of the special benefits, like the 50/75 night choices or obtain/maintain Ambasador status, then nights each and every year are needed.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2019, 12:19 am

Programs: HH Dia;SPG Plat;Marriott Plat;GHA Black
3 more days to go
I hope they will send an email or something on the 1st

Last edited by sandyph; Feb 26, 2019 at 12:29 am
Old Feb 26, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I'm in the exact same situation. The outstanding problem was that although I told them about the double elite promo (and given them email proof of the validity period) they had somehow interpreted it as running from March-May (instead of Feb-Apr). That meant they said I was still 3 stays short because they didn't count the qualifying stays I had in February (they even included a bonus stay for May when the promo had already finished).

I've been in contact with one of the lurkers - which gives me hope - but I'm still waiting to get final confirmation. Given that they acknowledged the validity of my Select promo by crediting some extra stays, and then acknowledged that they had used the wrong dates to apply the double elite credit, I honestly can't think why I wouldn't get the recognition in the end.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: Alaska, Marriott
Originally Posted by margarita girl
The Lurkers are your best bet! (I can't bring myself to call them the B******* Lurkers.)
Thank you! I got back from William and he is great. It seems the issue was already fixed when he checked (I confirmed by logging in too).
I'm not sure if some automatic process worked, or someone followed up on my earlier customer service calls, but happy to not spend any more time on this.
margarita girl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.