Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
LTT was metal, as was SPG LTP, although MR LTP was just a plastic card with no expiration date that was sent only to people with lifetime status when they failed to requalify by earning the same status tier.
Originally Posted by enthrop
I feel like something got lost in the mail or something.. cause I never received a lifetime anything card....
Originally Posted by whimike
I just received my LTP platinum envelope/card last week, and I qualified nearly a year ago! And the Bonvoy LTP card I received is thick metal.
The LTP card is heavy metal as well. I felt bad about throwing it in the garbage so I set it on a shelf to collect dust instead. I just received it a few weeks ago, about 11 months after qualifying.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
I had the opposite experience. I already had the 10 years as Platinum but didn't have the 600 nights. Once I hit the 600th night (early November) the app updated within a few days and I got the LTP package shortly thereafter. I also earned Titanium for 2020 at the same time but don't think that had any impact on the timing of the LTP package.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Something to look forward to!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 5:49 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
When does lifetime counter increment?

I achieved my 50th night in mid December and my lifetime platinum counter did not increment so I assumed it would take place sometime in 2020.

Does anyone know when this will take place?

Secondly, when do we get to select our annual gift choice for attaining 50 nights in a year?

Thanks and happy new year everyone!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The gift selection should become available shortly after hitting 50 nights.

Lifetime elite years all go up by one at the same time in the beginning of the next year regardless of when the status (re)qualification was actually achieved. This seems to be a Bonvoy policy as SPG counted the year when it was achieved IIRC (and certainly not all at the same date for everyone) while MR never counted elite years for lifetime status.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
You nights credit should post within 48 hours after your stay.

If your stay was your mid December, contact Marriott.

I was able to select my choice benefit within a few days after requlifying Plat.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:22 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
This was quick! My Lifetime Elite Year Counter went up today. After all the IT trouble with Marriott, this one went painless.

Miracles do happen!!!
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 6:43 am

Programs: AC SE, *Gold, Bonvoy Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), National Emerald Club Executive
Me too! As of this morning my account rolled over to Lifetime Platinum Elite
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
This was quick! My Lifetime Elite Year Counter went up today. After all the IT trouble with Marriott, this one went painless.

Miracles do happen!!!
Not only that, but the 15 annual nights from the credit card have already posted.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CanRulez
Secondly, when do we get to select our annual gift choice for attaining 50 nights in a year?

Thanks and happy new year everyone!
You can wait for Marriott to send you an email (which may be never) or you can click on the link in the wiki here.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...e-benefit.html
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:37 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer, QR Privilege Club, MB LT Plt (1K+ nights thx MB)
My year count rolled over immediately to 10, my LT status is still stuck on Gold... Progress nevertheless for MAR IT.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 7:59 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by X-ON
My year count rolled over immediately to 10, my LT status is still stuck on Gold... Progress nevertheless for MAR IT.
Mine hasn’t, same as it was in 2019 (9) but then I didn’t re-qualify this year. So it’s actually counting earned status in the year just ended, not soft landings or status earned previous year (I earned Titanium in 2018)
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Platinum+Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Delta Plat, United Silver, AX Biz Cent
Mine rolled over to 9 years just after midnight 1/1. 15 nights already posted.

looks like I’ll have my 50 nights in early 2020, but will have to wait until 1/1/2021 for my lifetime platinum to kick in.

im going to guess that it’s going to be harder to earn the status in 2021, considering how easy it still is to earn platinum now with only 35 nights after the Marriott card’s credit, so I’m happy that I’ll qualify under the current rules and won’t have to worry about whatever future changes come along.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by plankton
Me too! As of this morning my account rolled over to Lifetime Platinum Elite
Waiting for mine to update. Still showing 9 years but should be 10 years now. I’ll give it a little more time before raising hell!
Old Jan 1, 2020, 9:07 am

Programs: None - previously UA
Originally Posted by mh3265a
Waiting for mine to update. Still showing 9 years but should be 10 years now. I’ll give it a little more time before raising hell!
Did you hit 50 nights in 2019?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.