Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:32 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
I got a rock

SNA dates have been extended, but my FNCs are still expiring in January 2022 and my lifetime counter is stuck in 2019.
SPN Lifer and samosa like this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 7:26 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Titanium
My Titanium went up today from 7 to 8... my last increase was spring 2020... I too want to know if this is for 2020 or 2021.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WasKnown (Post # 2466)
If you’re LTP, do you earn a new Platinum year every year automatically? I know it probably doesn’t matter but I’m curious…
No.

In many years of participating in this forum, I have never read of a lifetime Marriott Rewards or Bonv°y Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Titanium Elite being credited with an additional year of status without staying the requisite number of Elite Qualifying Nights (EQNs) for that extra year.

There is a separate question as to whether such additional EQN-earned years would be properly counted, the answer to which is as varied and unpredictable for individual guest accounts as Marriott information technology (IT) itself.
WasKnown likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
I believe the added LT years would be for us who achieved +50 nights this year or last year and not through the prolonged status. Will be interesting to see if Lt years will be added once more this spring as Marriott promised earlier.

​​​​​
​​​​​
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 4:45 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by joakgarp
I believe the added LT years would be for us who achieved +50 nights this year or last year and not through the prolonged status. Will be interesting to see if Lt years will be added once more this spring as Marriott promised earlier.

​​​​​
​​​​​
I have achieved Ambassador through nights in 2019, 2020 and 2021 but got no uptick in lifetime years yet. My SNAs are also still expiring December 2021. I get the impression Marriott wants rid of me which is fine by me!
jtet likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 5:10 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
No.

In many years of participating in this forum, I have never read of a lifetime Marriott Rewards or Bonv°y Silver, Gold, Platinum, or Titanium Elite being credited with an additional year of status without staying the requisite number of Elite Qualifying Nights (EQNs) for that extra year.

There is a separate question as to whether such additional EQN-earned years would be properly counted, the answer to which is as varied and unpredictable for individual guest accounts as Marriott information technology (IT) itself.
Dont’t know how or why but my dad has 10 years of platinum years and less than 500 lifetime EQNs. I think this implies he must have received a platinum year for Global Services rewardsplus and not by hitting 50 nights? Not sure how it works exactly.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Sure, there are several ways to get a year of status, includable in the lifetime year counter, without staying the requisite number of nights. Complimentary years of Marriott Bonv°y Platinum Elite status have been given out for UA Global Services status and business Marriott AmEx card membership, Gold Elite for UA Premier Gold, inter alia. Not to mention former years of Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) membership, which is a common cause of having fewer nights than might be expected by the number of years.

However, I have never read that merely being a lifetime member adds to the annual counter, in and of itself, every year thereafter. That would conflate the benefit of lifetime status with its cause.
GUWonder and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 6:11 am

Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
Sure, there are several ways to get a year of status, includable in the lifetime year counter, without staying the requisite number of nights. Complimentary years of Marriott Bonv°y Platinum Elite status have been given out for UA Global Services status and business Marriott AmEx card membership, Gold Elite for UA Premier Gold, inter alia. Not to mention former years of Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) membership, which is a common cause of having fewer nights than might be expected by the number of years.

However, I have never read that merely being a lifetime member adds to the annual counter, in and of itself, every year thereafter. That would conflate the benefit of lifetime status with its cause.
That makes sense. So, presumably, someone with lifetime Platinum status but automatic Platinum status through RewardsPlus would still get additional Platinum years?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 7:23 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by WasKnown
That makes sense. So, presumably, someone with lifetime Platinum status but automatic Platinum status through RewardsPlus would still get additional Platinum years?
RewardsPlus doesn't give Marriott Platinum?
Old Nov 6, 2021, 3:20 pm

Dont’t know how or why but my dad has 10 years of platinum years and less than 500 lifetime EQNs. I think this implies he must have received a platinum year for Global Services rewardsplus and not by hitting 50 nights? Not sure how it works exactly.
With SPG you needed 50 nights OR 25 stays for Plat. So, 25 one-nighters did the job too. That could explain the lower night count.
SPN Lifer and WasKnown like this.
Old Nov 6, 2021, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by joakgarp
RewardsPlus doesn't give Marriott Platinum?
They did for United Global Services. Not sure if it’s still given as I never saw anything specifically written about this and Marriott has continually extended status to everyone for a few years now!
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:36 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
No Change for me. I'm sure I am missing a year, either 2020 or 2021. Why can't Marriott itemize each year for lifetime status, that way we can verify what they are counting? Why not make this transparent?

2019:
Earned 2020 Platinum: +1 Lifetime increase occurred in early 2020

2020:
Plat status was extended for 2021, but no lifetime year was added.

2021:
I re-earned platinum in late May/June, for 2022, Still no increase in lifetime years.
In late early July I reached Titanium, and only then for some reason a +1 lifetime year added. What year was this for??? 2020, 2021 or 2022? I assume this is my missing 2021 year.

Can I still expect a +1 year in early 2022, for earning titanium this year?

I asked the lurkers to look into this but this is still unresolved.

Last edited by vanabb; Nov 7, 2021 at 3:45 am
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
Does anyone know how long it normally takes, before the Bonvoy system shows a change in lifetime status? I reached my nights and years a week ago, but still no change in my lifetime-status.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by DaveMidknight
Does anyone know how long it normally takes, before the Bonvoy system shows a change in lifetime status? I reached my nights and years a week ago, but still no change in my lifetime-status.
For us, it was immediate in the app.
DaveMidknight likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, PC Plat Amb, BA EC Gold, Asiana Diamond, TK Elite
For us, it was immediate in the app.
Okay, looks like it is calling time again! 🙄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.