Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:51 pm

I never said I was cancelling my account. I did say I was not going to stay with Marriott again, and until they resolve this it is my plan.

I'd suggest since you have over 3K posts on an online forum you spend more time reading and less time posting.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:51 pm

never said i was cancelling my account.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by MarrSWAA
never said i was cancelling my account.
you might as well if you are claiming to never stay at a Marriott again.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:55 pm

Chase said I could change to Chase Sapphire Reserve when I contacted them 2 weeks ago.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by myperks
you might as well if you are claiming to never stay at a Marriott again.

Obvious troll is obvious.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:00 pm

Obvious troll is obvious.
don’t talk about yourself that way… just don’t make statements that you can’t back up because we all know your next stay will probably be at a Marriott. If you said you won’t return to Marriott until this lifetime status fiasco is fixed, then maybe.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 2:12 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
I have been lurking and watching this thread for months. I am extremely upset and joined today, just to add my two cents. Before I dive in, let me make clear I know Marriott does not give a damn about my business. I am a drop in an ocean for their company, they have made that clear. I get it.

I have a screen shot from April 4, 2020 where I had 574 nights and 9 years as platinum or higher. I've always been loyal to Starwood and Marriott they get all of my hotel business.

Flash forward to the summer of 2020 when Marriott announces they are adding the extra nights for the Covid situation, I then go up to 601 nights around August 2020. I stayed a lot of nights in Q3 and Q4 2020 and finished 2020 Titanium Elite.

I've begged and pleaded with Marriott to fix my account. They are useless and they do not want to help me. Because of this I have refused to stay one single night this year. I've actually went and cancelled reservations I had with Marriott because they refuse to fix this. When I say they refuse to help, they literally don't know what the problem even is. I've called, I've emailed and its the same response every single time. "You should be Lifetime Platinum, but we are not sure why you aren't yet...sorry!".

Then, I see the lurker from Marriott post here with her email I sent her all supporting documents that are indisputable and the response from her? NOTHING. Zero follow-up. Thanks for nothing (sent in March 2021).

I stand here with 684 lifetime nights and the year counter stuck on 9 since January 2020.

Again, nobody cares but I am going to do a product change with Chase to a different credit card and even if I'm cutting off my nose a bit by doing so, I won't return to Marriott ever again. I'm sure another hotel chain will take my business if I shop around.

Amazing lack of care, lack of service and lack of awareness by Marriott.
As we are in almost the same boat (stuck on 9 years for over a year with 666 nights), your thoughtful post made me review my practices:

Through the end of the year, of 33 nights on the books 12 are Hilton and 12 are Marriott. When booking I was agnostic between brands looking at cost (redemption points or $) and convenience (if work) or wow factor (if holiday) with a slight nod to bonuses. If there was an exact tie, I’d lean towards Hilton since I’m feeling let down by Bonvoy’s back office, but there was never an exact tie, and how could there be? No begging here as I am fairly indifferent to Bonvoy’s practices. Like you, I’m titanium, but I’ll just go with the flow figuring that within the next two years the ship will right itself without my intervention. I’m mostly more amused than annoyed. And, if I stroke out over this and MR recoups the (really, about six million) points because Mrs. Jailer forgets to read the will, Marriott will be the ultimate victor of this ludicrous dance.
SPN Lifer, samosa and WasKnown like this.
Old Jun 13, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
I have been lurking and watching this thread for months. I am extremely upset and joined today, just to add my two cents. Before I dive in, let me make clear I know Marriott does not give a damn about my business. I am a drop in an ocean for their company, they have made that clear. I get it.

I have a screen shot from April 4, 2020 where I had 574 nights and 9 years as platinum or higher. I've always been loyal to Starwood and Marriott they get all of my hotel business.

Flash forward to the summer of 2020 when Marriott announces they are adding the extra nights for the Covid situation, I then go up to 601 nights around August 2020. I stayed a lot of nights in Q3 and Q4 2020 and finished 2020 Titanium Elite.

I've begged and pleaded with Marriott to fix my account. They are useless and they do not want to help me. Because of this I have refused to stay one single night this year. I've actually went and cancelled reservations I had with Marriott because they refuse to fix this. When I say they refuse to help, they literally don't know what the problem even is. I've called, I've emailed and its the same response every single time. "You should be Lifetime Platinum, but we are not sure why you aren't yet...sorry!".

Then, I see the lurker from Marriott post here with her email I sent her all supporting documents that are indisputable and the response from her? NOTHING. Zero follow-up. Thanks for nothing (sent in March 2021).

I stand here with 684 lifetime nights and the year counter stuck on 9 since January 2020.

Again, nobody cares but I am going to do a product change with Chase to a different credit card and even if I'm cutting off my nose a bit by doing so, I won't return to Marriott ever again. I'm sure another hotel chain will take my business if I shop around.

Amazing lack of care, lack of service and lack of awareness by Marriott.
I don't get it. You're Titanium Elite for this year. Weren't you in anyways about to re qualify for at least platinum this year which will eventually make you a lifetime member?

Just enjoy this year and get it this year.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:25 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
I don't get it. You're Titanium Elite for this year. Weren't you in anyways about to re qualify for at least platinum this year which will eventually make you a lifetime member?

Just enjoy this year and get it this year.
The point the OP is making is that the Lifetime Year stats have not been updated for the 2020 Platinum qualification year (nor the 2021 qualification year that many of us have already attained though this is to be expected as Marriott has previously incremented early in the year following qualification). This has been widely observed and discussed. Many of our Lifetime counts are missing the Platinum increment year that we qualified for in 2020 and for those of us that are within a whisker of Lifetime status it is a meaningful error on the part of Marriott's IT. No need to rehash the extensive discussion about the specifics of this and Marriott's response so far.

However, your point is valid because we all have no choice but to lie back and enjoy the ride this year and see what happens to these counts in due course. Complaining to Marriott about it is now widely understood to be futile.
SPN Lifer, samosa and yurtripper like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ftrichard
This has been widely observed and discussed. Many of our Lifetime counts are missing the Platinum increment year that we qualified for in 2020 and for those of us that are within a whisker of Lifetime status it is a meaningful error on the part of Marriott's IT. No need to rehash the extensive discussion about the specifics of this and Marriott's response so far.

However, your point is valid because we all have no choice but to lie back and enjoy the ride this year and see what happens to these counts in due course. Complaining to Marriott about it is now widely understood to be futile.
The longer we have have been Bonv°yed on our lifetime Platinum Elite years, the more relieved we will be when they finally get it right. 🙂

Marriott Bonv°y is an unpredictable adventure! 😮
ftrichard and WasKnown like this.
Old Jun 14, 2021, 5:42 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Chase said I could change to Chase Sapphire Reserve when I contacted them 2 weeks ago.
That seems highly unlikely. You should only be able to upgrade to the CSR from specific UR earning card. You can’t even product change the JPM Reserve to the CSR. If you do successfully PC from a Marriott card to a Chase Sapphire Reserve, please post a data point online. Seems virtually unheard of.

“Chase requires that cardholders requesting a product change stay within the same card family. For example, you can upgrade or downgrade an Ultimate Rewards card to another Ultimate Rewards card, but you cannot switch to a card that earns airline or hotel points. Similarly, you can switch between various Southwest Rapid Rewards credit cards, but not from a Southwest card to a Marriott Bonvoy card. Additionally, you cannot upgrade or downgrade from a personal card to a business card (or vice versa), even if both earn the same kind of rewards.”

From: https://www.creditcards.com/credit-c...de-chase-card/
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:36 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by Jailer
As we are in almost the same boat (stuck on 9 years for over a year with 666 nights), your thoughtful post made me review my practices:

Through the end of the year, of 33 nights on the books 12 are Hilton and 12 are Marriott. When booking I was agnostic between brands looking at cost (redemption points or $) and convenience (if work) or wow factor (if holiday) with a slight nod to bonuses. If there was an exact tie, I’d lean towards Hilton since I’m feeling let down by Bonvoy’s back office, but there was never an exact tie, and how could there be? No begging here as I am fairly indifferent to Bonvoy’s practices. Like you, I’m titanium, but I’ll just go with the flow figuring that within the next two years the ship will right itself without my intervention. I’m mostly more amused than annoyed. And, if I stroke out over this and MR recoups the (really, about six million) points because Mrs. Jailer forgets to read the will, Marriott will be the ultimate victor of this ludicrous dance.
I am in the same boat ( 9 years PLAT with 648 nights) and should have been upgraded to lifetime platinum. Previously, all my stays were kept to Marriott because they were best for my vacation redemption and always present where I traveled. In my current role, I go to Seattle most often. I am not pleased with the Marriott offerings there so much within my company's rates. As soon as the LTP kicks in, I will probably switch over to Hyatt and go after their lifetime globalist, which seems to basically mean $100,000 spent in a lifetime.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 1:59 pm
FT

Originally Posted by NDN
I am in the same boat ( 9 years PLAT with 648 nights) and should have been upgraded to lifetime platinum. Previously, all my stays were kept to Marriott because they were best for my vacation redemption and always present where I traveled. In my current role, I go to Seattle most often. I am not pleased with the Marriott offerings there so much within my company's rates. As soon as the LTP kicks in, I will probably switch over to Hyatt and go after their lifetime globalist, which seems to basically mean $100,000 spent in a lifetime.
$200,000
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: ex-SPG Platinum, Marriott LG, *G United
Made Titanium today, and my lifetime years show right away as +1.

When I crossed the 50-night threshold earlier this year nothing happened. At least for this year I seemed to be owed at least another year? from last year? There seems to be no way to check this.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2021, 10:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
So… I reached out to the Ambassador team in late April this year to escalate my case of being stuck at nine Platinum+ years since 2019 for the umpteenth time, and it was finally handled by a competent Ambassador manager who has the courtesy of writing in to provide periodic updates and tell me the case is being worked on. I’ve called in several times and was also assured it’s active and being worked on.

The thing is, it’s now been two days shy of two months, and they’re still “thanking me for my patience as they are still working on it” as per the latest update this past Monday.

I don’t get it. There is an entire team of individuals dedicated to providing service to Marriott’s highest loyalty tier guests, teams of people working on IT and other teams yet of people in the loyalty division. I cannot for the life of me imagine how or why something that should be so simple - particularly when the guest has repeatedly furnished Marriott with screenshots, emails and other proof that there is a discrepancy - can take so long to resolve after being brought up again and again.

I genuinely appreciate the professional approach and courtesy extended by this particular Ambassador manager, but between the radio silence and laziness of the Lurkers on here [especially compared to the previous bunch under SPG, who would scour these threads to see who is saying what and proactively reach out to you when they sense a problem], being repeatedly shot down and discredited by Marriott representatives despite giving them proof and to now waiting two months over a claim that I’ve been chasing since the end of January 2021 is beyond justifiable. I don’t seek compensation other than a fixed account, but the lack of any form of proactive service recovery over this whole issue [i.e. no points offered, nothing beyond an insipid apology] underscores Marriott’s latest iteration of their service culture. I haven’t given Marriott a single night or dollar of my business this year, and it feels like the right decision to not support a company that really couldn’t give any less of a damn to me or to many other customers on here and beyond.

khabah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.