Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 4:41 am

Where can I find the lifetime counter on the desk top? I don't have a smart phone so can't locate it there. Thanks
Old Apr 30, 2021, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by pbd456
no. i have only 224 nights as of this minute. it was 150 nights at the beginning of this year.
How is it possible to have 10 years of platinum or above and only have 150 nights at the beginning of the year?
samosa likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Lizie
Where can I find the lifetime counter on the desk top? I don't have a smart phone so can't locate it there. Thanks
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33187680-post2049.html
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:27 am

Thanks swag. Unfortunately the link is currently down plus it was the numbers of years not nights I've done. I may just give them a call and stop being lazy
Thanks again
Old Apr 30, 2021, 1:18 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by myperks
How is it possible to have 10 years of platinum or above and only have 150 nights at the beginning of the year?
UA 1k used to give Marriott old gold which is now Marriott Platinum.
marriott IT system stuck, i linked account but didnt merge until last year.
i did Marriott (old Platinum) challenge in 2017 (9 stays to platinum) and my SPG account was upgraded to SPG old platinum. didnt merge account until last year, so i got spg platinum years and marriott platinum premier years add? i have no idea how i got all these years.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 1, 2021, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by myperks
i did Marriott (old Platinum) challenge in 2017 (9 stays to platinum) and my SPG account was upgraded to SPG old platinum. didnt merge account until last year, so i got spg platinum years and marriott platinum premier years add? i have no idea how i got all these years.
Definitely possible. There used to be the buy-up option as well. Comp status. The list is long how to get to 10 years ... which is why this is very generous.
Old May 1, 2021, 10:10 am

Ah, that’s right. It has been almost a decade since they started that partnership.
Old May 1, 2021, 12:43 pm

Programs: Hilton LTD, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LTTE, AA LTP, Avis PC, National EE, Seabourn DE
No matter the subject, when it comes to SPG-Marriott anything, partnership is not the proper word to use.
N515CR, UA-NYC, lsquare and 1 others like this.
Old May 3, 2021, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat 2MM
Sigh, emailed back the lurker who said my issue should be fixed in April and it's May and still showing only 9 years Lifetime instead of 10. They claimed that July 2020 nonsense again and I reiterated and re-attached the screen shot from March 9 2020 showing 9 years so obviously there was no update in July 2020. I earned Platinum Elite in 2020 so my counter should have moved to 10 years and it hasn't. I don't understand why they can't grasp simple math. We're not talking some convoluted bonus scheme but literally 9+1=10. I'm guessing they'll reply that they did in fact change it in July even though I gave them proof they didn't. Such a waste of time.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We are all wrong.

Marriott is correct.

Are we done or does anyone have further questions that I haven't already answered?
JfromTheBay likes this.
Old May 3, 2021, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by rmc1
I earned Platinum Elite in 2020 so my counter should have moved to 10 years and it hasn't. I don't understand why they can't grasp simple math. We're not talking some convoluted bonus scheme but literally 9+1=10. I'm guessing they'll reply that they did in fact change it in July even though I gave them proof they didn't. Such a waste of time.
Same here. Maybe they meant the end of May.

We've been ignorantly and rudely Bonv°yed!
Old May 3, 2021, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I really don't trust Marriott's IT system and reps to give me the straight accurate answer. So how are you guys keeping track of your lifetime nights? I haven't kept track at all and so I need ideas on where to quickly start counting.
Old May 4, 2021, 2:02 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoyed Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by lsquare
I really don't trust Marriott's IT system and reps to give me the straight accurate answer. So how are you guys keeping track of your lifetime nights? I haven't kept track at all and so I need ideas on where to quickly start counting.

The problem is even when you show them proof, they claim it was an error and they have to go by their numbers. After speaking to several ppl, its always the same thing. During the merger I lost nights and years with proof, they just claimed it was an error. I dont even get mad anymore, I might hit lifetime Diamond faster than lifetime Platinum. LOL, I just started in Oct 2020 with Hilton. You can take screenshots and then argue with them if you don't get your nights or years but its highly unlikely they will adjust it. If your that serious about it, start a log. Use excel and log the hotel, date, and number of nights. Then when your info doesnt match up you have hard proof. You need to actually make an effort more then screenshots, which if im honest I should have done. Who knew #bonvoyed would be real at the time.
SPN Lifer and lsquare like this.
Old May 4, 2021, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Paradoxically, they seem to have more problem with the years than the nights.

Keep track of both as you go.
Old May 4, 2021, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone have a good online hotel night tracking app or website? I use my.flightradar24 for flights and love it. Maybe there's something similarly engaging for hotel nights and stays?
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.