Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2022, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: gudugan
How to View Lifetime Status: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22489
Lifetime Status Details: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-22145
Elite processing: https://help.marriott.com/s/article/Article-34363

How will my Eligible Status Years for 2022 be applied to my Account and when?

If you maintained the same Elite status in 2022 that you started with in 2022 , your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be applied to your Account in January 2023.

If you achieved a higher Elite status during 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for the new, higher tier was applied at the time of achievement.

If you did not meet the published criteria to renew your current status in 2022, your 2022 Eligible Status Year for your current status will be added in January 2023, and your Eligible Status Year for your new status will be added in March 2023 when your Elite status is updated.

===

When will my 2021 qualifying year of Elite status be applied to my Account so I can track my path to Lifetime Elite Status?

As part of our regular process, Members receive their qualifying year towards Lifetime Elite status in one of two ways:
  1. If you maintain the same Elite level that you started the year with, your Qualifying Year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January of the following year. Please Note: In November 2021, when we extended the Elite status that Members earned in 2019 or 2020, Members received their 2021 Qualifying Year of Elite status.
  2. If you achieve a higher Elite level during the year than the previous year, your Qualifying Year for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement. Please Note: If you achieved a higher Elite level during 2021, your 2021 qualifying year of Elite status, was applied at the time of achievement.

If you maintain the same Elite level for 2022, your 2022 year of Elite status will be applied to your Account in January 2023. If you achieve a higher Elite level during 2022, your 2022 year of tenure for the new, higher level will be applied at the time of achievement.

Examples:
  • A Member achieved Gold Elite in 2019 and enjoyed the status in 2020. They received their 2020 year of Gold Elite status in July 2020 when we extended their status. Due to status extensions, the Member received their 2021 year of tenure in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Member achieved Platinum Elite in 2020 and enjoyed the status in 2021. They received their 2021 year of Platinum status in November 2021 when they their status was extended to February 2023.
  • A Gold Elite Member achieved Platinum Elite in April 2021; the Platinum year of Elite status for 2021 was applied upon achievement (in April 2021).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Lifetime Elite Status General Discussion [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2021, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by josephstern
Anyone have a good online hotel night tracking app or website? I use my.flightradar24 for flights and love it. Maybe there's something similarly engaging for hotel nights and stays?
I would like to know too.
Old May 11, 2021, 1:28 pm

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by Jailer
I’m looking forward to requalifying asTitanium next week and the disappointment of not getting that overdue 10th Platinum year. Of course, maybe I’ll hit the three Bonvoys’ jackpot on the status slot machine.
My 75th night posted a few days ago and:

Cherry
​​Cherry.....
Lemon

No joy in the stuck-at-9 platinum needle.

I crapped out on Bonvoy’s roulette wheel and, while we are mixing metaphors, in the words of long suffering fans from another “over-promising/under-performing” organization, the Chicago Cubs: “Wait ‘til next year “.
Old May 11, 2021, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer
My 75th night posted a few days ago and:

Cherry
​​Cherry.....
Lemon

No joy in the stuck-at-9 platinum needle.

I crapped out on Bonvoy’s roulette wheel and, while we are mixing metaphors, in the words of long suffering fans from another “over-promising/under-performing” organization, the Chicago Cubs: “Wait ‘til next year “.
Prior to your 75th night, were you Platinum or Titanium?
Old May 11, 2021, 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
Prior to your 75th night, were you Platinum or Titanium?
probably already titanium because the post quoted as "requalifying".
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 12, 2021, 12:59 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by myperks
probably already titanium because the post quoted as "requalifying".
yep
Old May 12, 2021, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
You've been Bonv°yed!

(As have I.)
​​​
Old May 12, 2021, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
You've been Bonv°yed!

(As have I.)
​​​
Roger that!

However, I maintain my sense of humor. And perspective: with memorable redemptions and upgrades over the years the glass is well over half full.

In that Starwood decided to sell itself, Marriott was far from the worst suitor and the expanded platform better allowed to earn vocationally and spend aspirationally.

While Hilton has been my mainstay, as the end of business travel looms, lifetime Diamond is probably beyond my grasp. Yet, due to the merger lifetime Platinum appears but an IT upgrade away. It would be nice to get that hurdle off my to-do list.
SPN Lifer and ftrichard like this.
Old May 19, 2021, 4:41 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
My platinum years seemed to be stuck at 9 for quite sometime. I just hit titanium a few nights ago and finally I have 10 years of Platinum showing in the app. I also have 592 nights so LT Plat should happen for me soon. Any physical card for that/welcome kit I should expect?
qlaval likes this.
Old May 19, 2021, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Ha, ha. 🙂

Congratulations!
Old May 20, 2021, 5:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
So it's set. If you get a higher status, you get a year. If you “only” requalify, you won't. Should we ambassadors ask for a downgrade to platinum before reaching the nights for titanium?
Old May 20, 2021, 6:15 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Kaloz
So it's set. If you get a higher status, you get a year. If you “only” requalify, you won't. Should we ambassadors ask for a downgrade to platinum before reaching the nights for titanium?
It's true what they say: there's nowhere to go from the top but down.

khabah
samosa and Kaloz like this.
Old May 20, 2021, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
My platinum years seemed to be stuck at 9 for quite sometime. I just hit titanium a few nights ago and finally I have 10 years of Platinum showing in the app. I also have 592 nights so LT Plat should happen for me soon. Any physical card for that/welcome kit I should expect?
As an Ambassador status member, I don't have a physical card and never had to use digital one either. Bookings would already show my status. I'm also LT Platinum but nada on any model scale properties
Old May 20, 2021, 11:17 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
has anybody had there platinum years moved since becoming LTT, mine shows 10 years, I think from whenever it happened in 18 or 19? None the less, I have continued to be Titanium since then so should be more like 13 years now?
Old May 20, 2021, 11:32 am
FT

Elite years counter stops once lifetime status is achieved.
SPN Lifer and bosman like this.
Old May 27, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Lifetime Titanium - SNA?

I apologize in advance if this is a really stupid question. I think the answer is obvious, but here goes anyway:
Do Lifetime Titanium’s get SNAs each year, regardless of how many nights they’ve stayed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.