Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 31, 2019, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SPN Lifer
This discussion thread is focused on the "classic" (or "old") Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Card issued by Chase (a black metal card) that is currently closed to new applicants. The classic card provides one elite night credit for every $3,000 of spend, an annual free night certificate (which may be used at Category 1-4 hotels), and 15 elite night credits annually.

The discussion thread on the "current" Marriott Premier Plus Visa Card (a/k/a Chase Marriott Bonvoy Visa Card) may be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...on-thread.html.

There is also a discussion thread in the Chase credit card forum on the Marriott cards: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...ts-2016-a.html. Note that this Chase forum discussion thread has posts on both the classic and current cards (which have slightly different benefits.)
Print Wikipost

Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 6:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold, DL Medallion, MR Plat
Yes mine is late as well
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum (LTPP) , United Silver
My bill closes on the 19th and Chase transmits on the 22th , except this month, nothing has posted
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Marriott Biz card. Statement closed on the 20th. Just looked due to this thread. Pts in account with July 22nd date.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jp557cu
Hey All,

I recently obtained the Chase Marriott Reward premier card and noticed something odd. So, I’m using it like crazy to hit the $5,000 spend and get my 100,000 bonus points but it worries me cause I login to the app and the website from my iPhone and laptop but it doesn’t show that I have the card. What I mean is that I continue to see, even in the app when I’m logged in, advertisements to sign up for the rewards premier card. Even after booking a Marriott hotel with the Marriott care and my rewards number I still was asked to sign up for the card.

Even more strange, I booked a hotel and they said “use your Marriott premier card and get a $200 statement credit”. I knew nothing about this so I called up Marriott and they didn’t know anything either and said only chase can help me...

Has anyone else experienced this? My credit card does not show on the app or website and even the folks at Marriott don’t know about the statement credit or why my card isn’t showing on the app, even though I stored it as a payment method and use it to book Marriott hotels.

Woth delta it’s so easy, you sign up for the card and then immediately it’s reflected in the app and website that you have the delta card.
You're getting cards confused. The Chase Marriott Premier card is the old card with the $85 annual fee and it never had 100,000 sign-up bonus, the last sign-up bonus was 75,000.

The only Chase Marriott card I'm aware of that had a 100,000 sign-up bonus in recent months was the Chase Marriott Premier Plus card. (Though recently that card also reduced its bonus to 75,000.)

Meanwhile, a lot of ads don't know what card you have. It's normal to see ads for a card you already have.

Did you perhaps apply for the business card? It requires a totally separate login, so it wouldn't show up in your personal card login. Or if you were only using the Chase business card login before, I don't know if a personal card would automatically show up there.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 9:18 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Personal, statement closes 19 nothing received.

SM Chase no avail tells you to wait 30 days.
Old Jul 26, 2018, 10:22 pm

Hey SDsearch, thank you for the reply. You are correct, I have the Chase Marriott Premier Plus card and was getting things mixed up. I certainly don’t have the business card or any separate login so it’s still a little annoying that Marriott has trouble recognizing my status and seems to think I don’t have any card whatsoever. However, it’s nice to know that ads are common and don’t indicate that Marriott forgets I have the card. I just thought with my silver status and cars that they would give me the red carpet when booking but no such luck, instead they didn’t realize I had either until I kept telling them to pull up my account.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: MAR Lifetime Platinum, Delta Plat., IHG Spire Amb., Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
This may have already been answered, but does the 1 night stay credit per $3000 spend count toward lifetime status? On my Marriott app, these credited stays are showing.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: Marriott - Silver Elite
Originally Posted by BobNoxious
So my bill always closes on the 19th and Chase transmits on the 20th. MarriottRewards ALWAYS shows the points on the 21st or 22nd. This month, nothing! I call Chase, they said they sent them to Marriott. I call Marriott, they said they have not yet received and to wait up to 30 days. What? Anyone else experiencing the same with THIS MONTH'S posting from Chase Visa?
This has happened with my husband's account, as well. I'm actually very concerned, as when we signed him up for the Premier Plus Card, we had to create a Marriott account for him. I logged out of my account, and he created an account on my computer. Well, Marriott assigned him the same exact member number, and my account doesn't appear to actually exist anymore, aside from the fact that I can log in with my email/password combination (and supposedly have the same status he does, whereas before I didn't have status at all).

I tried calling, but was on hold for 15 minutes and had to hang up - will attempt to call again. The situation's making me really nervous, seeing as he's the one with the credit card (and sign on bonus opportunity). I didn't catch it until yesterday when I was trying to figure out why his points didn't post, and then saw that the member id numbers were the same... what in the heck, Marriott?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:39 am

i wouldnt worry about the missing points just yet. the past few months i have been seeing the points from chase post later than usual but the date they reflect are back dated to within a few days of the statement close.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Cieren
This has happened with my husband's account, as well. I'm actually very concerned, as when we signed him up for the Premier Plus Card, we had to create a Marriott account for him. I logged out of my account, and he created an account on my computer. Well, Marriott assigned him the same exact member number, and my account doesn't appear to actually exist anymore, aside from the fact that I can log in with my email/password combination (and supposedly have the same status he does, whereas before I didn't have status at all).

I tried calling, but was on hold for 15 minutes and had to hang up - will attempt to call again. The situation's making me really nervous, seeing as he's the one with the credit card (and sign on bonus opportunity). I didn't catch it until yesterday when I was trying to figure out why his points didn't post, and then saw that the member id numbers were the same... what in the heck, Marriott?
My husband and I each have separate Marriott accounts, but they are associated with different e-mail addresses, don't believe it has anything to do with the physical computer (since we both use the same desktop).

And also on this thread, my closing date is the 21st, and the points from my Chase card showed up yesterday, so no problems there. Husband's account closed on the 26th, will see if and when those points show up.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott - Silver Elite
Turns out the member id issues were all browser based (hurray), and our accounts remained separate. Now to just give it some time for the points to show up from Chase. I'd assume it's probably just a matter of timing and some lag due to the upcoming program transitions combined with the "new" branded Chase card.

Edited to add: Husband's statement date was the 19th, but the points still haven't shown up, hence being slightly concerned.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 11:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Are the credit card annual certificates currently issued with a name attached, or just the MR #?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
You don't get a physical certificate, it is just in your account.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 7:31 pm

Marriott credit card

If I am a current Amex SPG cardholder and have had it less than 2 years, would I be eligible for initial bonus points if I sign up for a new Marriott (Chase) CC in the next couple of days?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by puchong
If I am a current Amex SPG cardholder and have had it less than 2 years, would I be eligible for initial bonus points if I sign up for a new Marriott (Chase) CC in the next couple of days?
absolutely, these are different products.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.