Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2019, 5:20 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Yeah my stay from SGS is still missing as well.
Another Sheraton stay posted quickly after i spoke to the hotel manager to follow up...
Old Jan 6, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I had 2 Sheraton stays that I had to follow up with in Oct and early Dec around the time they were merging systems. I was able to submit the missing stay request online and it took about a week to see the points.

I've had 5 stays in the past 2 weeks (4 legacy Marriott, 1 legacy Starwood) that have all posted 2 days after checkout, so hopefully the worst is behind us.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was surprised to see a Westin stay posted correctly. Hopefully, it is a sign of improvement.

None of my stays, except for this Westin stay, during past three months posted automatically. They are either not posted or posted with minimal points. I found the latter even worse as it is hard to correct the number of points credited once a stay is posted. Stay Add department will often respond back stating that stay has been posted. They obviously didn't bother to read what I wrote. I had to follow up multiple times to get proper point credit.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Spyder
With 160 nights this year and lifetime play preferred I can’t get a response on the quarter million points they have ‘misplaced.’

Im done with these jokers.

Heading to Hyatt
Race ya to Globalist!

Mike
Old Jan 8, 2019, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to take what I just posted (post #333) back. It is getting worse. "Internet Customer Care" department just took night/points away from my account. Again Marriott claims old BRG rates, booked at spg.com, are non-qualifying. Stay was originally credited, albeit with insufficient amount of points, then "Internet Customer Care" took them back. This is going to be another two hours on the phone.

Last edited by TerryK; Jan 8, 2019 at 11:11 am
Old Jan 8, 2019, 4:05 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay from 12/29-31 still not posted and so I'm making my first Marriott stay of the year as a Platinum instead of Platinum Premier thus costing me points and maybe slightly better treatment
Old Jan 9, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
pre 31Dec2018 nights posting but as 2019 nights thereby preventing one from being grandfathered into lifetime Platinum Premier elite but wondering if lifetime Platinum Premier Elite is really worth that much more than lifetime Platinum Elite ( which i will make in 2019). May be Marriott Rewards just wore us down and succeeded in what they wanted to achieve
Old Jan 9, 2019, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
pre 31Dec2018 nights posting but as 2019 nights thereby preventing one from being grandfathered into lifetime Platinum Premier elite but wondering if lifetime Platinum Premier Elite is really worth that much more than lifetime Platinum Elite ( which i will make in 2019). May be Marriott Rewards just wore us down and succeeded in what they wanted to achieve
2018 nights should still post as 2018 nights even if not processed before January 1. That is why there is a delay in processing the status changes so they can get caught up. I hope they provide some means for addressing issues when the posting is further delayed to make up for their problems.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by RogerD408
I hope they provide some means for addressing issues when the posting is further delayed to make up for their problems.
You mean like the way they made up for all the points many of us were cheated of when we were incorrectly moved to Plat instead of PPE on Aug. 18? Not likely.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Follow-up on my follow-up:

In the beginning of December, I put in a request for points that I hadn't received. After a few phone calls, they credited on 12/24, which I consider a victory. Yesterday, I got the following email:

Mr.Mikeef, Thank you for your Loyalty to Marriott.

After a thorough investigation of your account, Apologies for the inconvenience. Hope you enjoyed your Stay. For a Missing Stay request posted, Your Marriott Loyalty Rewards account number, name of property, check in/out dates, name on reservation, Billing Port Folio, total amount spent on Stay at the property is needed in order to assure correct Marriott Loyalty Rewards are attributed to your account. Your Billing Port Folio can be requested at [email protected], it can take up to ten business days for the research department to respond. I have included the Marriott Customer Support phone number and link below for further assistance.

I would like to see you get all the Qualifying Marriott Loyalty Rewards posted to your account as possible. You may reach out to Marriott Customer Support:1-800-535-4028 for further assistance.
Looking forward to your next journey and Stay at Marriott.

Best Regards,

Leah

eService Champion

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC

I'm not sure what annoyed me more; the fact that this matter had been resolved weeks ago, or the ridiculously written email that they sent me. Fine. They've outsourced this portion of the business to save money. But if management is this careless about quality control and the information that they're sending to guests, I'm not sure how they expect me to trust anything else that I hear from them.

Mike
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dupe.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, it is better than my "review" where Marriott took a legitimate stay away. It was finally corrected after hour long phone call.

Marriott system shows my BRG stay, booked on spg.com, as third party booking. It was initially posted with incidentals only but "Internet Customer Care" took it away claiming it was a non-qualifying stay. I called Rewards desk and had to jump through hoops to get credit. It went like:
1) Stay was booked via third party - No, it was booked via spg.com. I offered original spg.com confirmation number and she checked system.
2) Rate doesn't qualify - No, it was a BRG rate. I offered to email BRG email.
3) It was Master billed - No, I paid it with Amex (shown on folio).
4) You didn't pay for it - No, Amex card ending xxxx (shown on folio) is mine. I offered to email copy of Amex statement.
5) You didn't personally stay - No, I was there. Folio shows my signature. I also offered to email photos at hotel (she took my word for it).

After hour long phone call, which I was put on hold a few times while she checked "system", she approved the credit. I supposed she simply ran out of excuses.

What a waste of time, both mine and hers.

Last edited by TerryK; Jan 10, 2019 at 1:08 pm
Old Jan 10, 2019, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by mikeef
Follow-up on my follow-up:

In the beginning of December, I put in a request for points that I hadn't received. After a few phone calls, they credited on 12/24, which I consider a victory. Yesterday, I got the following email:

Mr.Mikeef, Thank you for your Loyalty to Marriott.

After a thorough investigation of your account, Apologies for the inconvenience. Hope you enjoyed your Stay. For a Missing Stay request posted, Your Marriott Loyalty Rewards account number, name of property, check in/out dates, name on reservation, Billing Port Folio, total amount spent on Stay at the property is needed in order to assure correct Marriott Loyalty Rewards are attributed to your account. Your Billing Port Folio can be requested at [email protected], it can take up to ten business days for the research department to respond. I have included the Marriott Customer Support phone number and link below for further assistance.

I would like to see you get all the Qualifying Marriott Loyalty Rewards posted to your account as possible. You may reach out to Marriott Customer Support:1-800-535-4028 for further assistance.
Looking forward to your next journey and Stay at Marriott.

Best Regards,

Leah

eService Champion

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, LLC

I'm not sure what annoyed me more; the fact that this matter had been resolved weeks ago, or the ridiculously written email that they sent me. Fine. They've outsourced this portion of the business to save money. But if management is this careless about quality control and the information that they're sending to guests, I'm not sure how they expect me to trust anything else that I hear from them.

Mike
Consider yourself lucky... Just to show how bad customer service has gotten, I got a letter from my health insurance saying my doctor was now out of network, which is accurate since he DIED!!! However, it went on to explain how if I was in the middle of a treatment that I may be able to negotiate with him to continue to treat me at the plan rates! Ummm, that's one office call I DO NOT want to make. I am so glad I am out of the industry as the current environment would not be tolerated in my day.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Well, it is better than my "review" where Marriott took a legitimate stay away. It was finally corrected after hour long phone call.

Marriott system shows my BRG stay, booked on spg.com, as third party booking. It was initially posted with incidentals only but "Internet Customer Care" took it away claiming it was a non-qualifying stay. I called Rewards desk and had to jump through hoops to get credit. It went like:
1) Stay was booked via third party - No, it was booked via spg.com. I offered original spg.com confirmation number and she checked system.
2) Rate doesn't quality - No, it was a BRG rate. I offered to email BRG email.
3) It was Master billed - No, I paid it with Amex (shown on folio).
4) You didn't pay for it - No, Amex card ending xxxx (shown on folio) is mine. I offered to email copy of Amex statement.
5) You didn't personally stay - No, I was there. Folio shows my signature. I also offered to email photos at hotel (she took my word for it).

After hour long phone call, which I was put on hold a few times while she checked "system", she approved the credit. I supposed she simply ran out of excuses.

What a waste of time, both mine and hers.
Why do these agents try so hard to be anti-customer? Do they get any incentive for denying legitimate benefits?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puchong
Why do these agents try so hard to be anti-customer? Do they get any incentive for denying legitimate benefits?
I think it is more of Marriott agent trusts "system" more than customers.

It is true that some customers will say anything to get credit and points. But Marriott system is so messed up now it simply cannot be trusted. My BRG stays, booked on spg.com but stayed after migration, consistently showed up as third party bookings. Nevertheless, agents are trained to trust whatever shows on their screen instead of customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.