Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: decentmove
Missing stay form; can only be filled out 10 business days after checkout:

https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myAccount/missingStayRequest.mi

The above link/form applies no matter if you logged on using www.marriott.com or www.spg.com => which then translates to https://www.marriott.com/default.mi?program=spg&reset=true
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy : Stays/Points not posting [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold, Aeroplan, Marriott Titanium (LT Platinum), HH Diamond
I had a 5 night award stay with some f&b charges that didn't post, filled in the form and the reply was that there were no eligible charges. I replied that it was an award stay and there were restaurant and room service charges. Next I was told to send the "full folio" to get credit. I replied that what I had sent was the "full folio" and since it was an award stay there was no cost for the room. Then it was back to saying there were no eligible charges and referring me to the T&Cs. I had to quote the relevant T&C back to the agent and finally points were posted so I guess the charges were eligible after all.

But only 1 night credit out of 5 was posted even though the dates were clearly on the folio. Now I'm told they are contacting the hotel to verify because they are unable to see the reservation in their system. 5 emails and over a week later and it's still not resolved.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 8:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by kennycrudup
A Tuesday night MR stay ... hasn't posted yet
Based on others' replies here, I checked the app, and voila', the stay is there. Not sure how the app is more up-to-date than the website; that does not bode well about their back-end systems, but hey, no surprised there's issues on the IT end.

I've been in the habit of using the website nearly exclusively, which I guess will have to change post-merger/post-Bonvoy.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:15 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by kbuttrey
Anyone else having stays and points not post since Bonvoy Launched? I’ve had to contact my ambassador to get my last two stays posted...

Anyone else having this problem?

I got the same problem as you... Did your ambassador fix your problem right away?
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Thumbs down Corporate Issue

From the number of people having issues, which is likely just a small sampling (as it relates just to flyertalk members who are posting), this is neither an isolated property nor brand problems, but a corporate issue. Even if it is due to improper posting, which seems unlikely, corporate or IT fell down in its training responsibilities. Whatever the cause, with a widespread problem like this it needs to be addressed corporately. Customers should not have to jump through hoops to get what they earned.
dgreen12 and gcashin like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Expand this out a bit and I am sure it is a MUCH BIGGER problem than we see. FT members are a very small portion of BONVoY members so presuming a even distribution that's an outrageous number of errors. I can see why Marriott wishes to turn a blind eye to the problem. Reinforces the saying; Travel Defensively, expect errors and be prepared to fight for your benefits, it's not in their interest to do so on many levels.
KRSW and gcashin like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
I'm zero for two in 2019 for having stays posted automatically or, after submitting the missing stay request, correctly (incidentals are being ignored at full service hotels).

I'll have to call again and get the second stay fixed over the phone.

------

Edited to add that after having to send another copy of the folio to the customer service agent this morning (he had no access), it has allegedly been fixed after about 15 minutes on the phone.

Last edited by dgreen12; Mar 3, 2019 at 1:00 pm Reason: Resolution
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: On the cusp of elite level with Pan Am and Sabena.
I am having a nightmare with this. Since January I have had 9 stays and only one has been posted on it's own. Every week or two I have to call Bonvoy to get them credited manually. It appears not to be related to any one brand as it has occurred with me at Marriott, Westin, W, TownePlace, and Design Hotels. Last time I called the agent I spoke to said "This is all I am doing at this point. The entire day every day getting stays credited for people. IT is aware but it seems it's not on the priority list of fixes."

Add to this all the other rogue property sneakiness, my favorite being the new hidden deposit put on credit cards for award bookings, and I am just getting completely fed up. Why is this so hard for a company like Marriott. They had years to get this right.
dgreen12, KRSW and gcashin like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:04 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Just had a Residence Inn post, looks like incorrect amount of points...
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:26 pm

I've not had a single stay post since Bonvoy took over. Ever since then I've been Bonvoy'd by Marriott in terms of nights posting. The most recent is at a Courtyard which was built in 1989, so they should be very familiar with Marriott's procedures. I received the folio by e-mail (surprised at that), but no points posting to Marriott.com.

/I think I'm going to start using the word Bonvoy as a synonym for the F-word from now on. I think it describes Marriott Corporate's attitude towards its customers quite succinctly.
Think of the plethora of uses!
"I got Bonvoy'd by the Residence Inn last night when I tried to check in at 1am and was told they had no room for me."
"I tried to make a reservation but the Bonvoy'ing website is Bonvoy'ed again (861 posts and counting)."
"Wow, the FA on my United flight tonight had a really bad attitude. She treated me like a valued Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium member!"
Kacee likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Apparently my last stays .... post 13/2 bonvoy time ... post later than usual.
Previous stays post within 3 working days ... but that stay still not showing at 5th day.

will wait until 10 days passed
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: HGP Globalist, SPG P100, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by kaizen7
Apparently my last stays .... post 13/2 bonvoy time ... post later than usual.
Previous stays post within 3 working days ... but that stay still not showing at 5th day.

will wait until 10 days passed
Likewise, I have two recent stays. First one checked out on 26/2 and second on 1/3. Neither of these stays has posted...
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I had two consecutive stays in Dubai (different hotels). One posted with correct exchange rate, one did not (to my disadvantage). Is this human error???
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Had a missing stay at a design hotel in India recently, and submitted after a little after the 10 days. This was the response, which was a reply to the original message (form I submitted for missing stay). Do they not read or have access to the full information you submit?

Dear Mr. XXX,

Thank you for contacting Marriott Bonvoy regarding your recent stay. We hope you enjoyed your visit with us.

We have been unable to process your request as the hotel bill we received did not include the full hotel name. Please reply with location and full name of the hotel.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding. If you have additional questions about this matter, please contact our customer service department at: ....

Sincerely,
Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services

--------------- Original Message ---------------
Sent: 2/26/2019 8:40 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Incoming Missing Stay Request

First name on reservation : XXXXX
Last name on reservation: XXXXX
Marriott Bonvoy number: ******XXXX
Phone number: XXXXXXX
Email: [email protected]
Check-out date: 02/XX/2019
Hotel Name: Anya Hotel, Gurgaon
Hotel city: Gurgaon
Hotel state: (US only)
Hotel country: IN
Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Had a missing stay at a design hotel in India recently, and submitted after a little after the 10 days. This was the response, which was a reply to the original message (form I submitted for missing stay). Do they not read or have access to the full information you submit?
lol.

in their defense the full hotel name is: The Anya Hotel, Gurgaon, a Member if Design Hotels.

did you submit with copy of the bill? Why can’t they just look at that?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by myperks

lol.

in their defense the full hotel name is: The Anya Hotel, Gurgaon, a Member if Design Hotels.

did you submit with copy of the bill? Why can’t they just look at that?
I did submit copy of bill, which only has the name of the hotel, not address. That's why I also filled in the details of hotel name and location, as per instructions. Have responded with name and location. Will see what happens next.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.