Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Warning - do not cancel SPG points bookings yet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warning - do not cancel SPG points bookings yet

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:19 pm
Community Director Emerita

Missing points and when we might see them (Starwood side)

I merged my Starwood account to my Marriott account the first day possible. The information below is specific to those in that situation.

I have been told that it will take 7 days for points from cancelled Starwood bookings to be returned to my account.

I have been told that it will take 3 to 4 days for points from adjusted Starwood bookings to be returned to my account. This is from a booking made when it cost 35,000 SPG points and now costs 60,000 Marriott points. The agent had me on hold for more than 30 minutes to make the adjustment. I am unable to see anything on my side. The booking continues to show the points that were taken when the booking was made. Although I was given the 3 to 4 day marker, I was told it would happen when the hotel "syncs" to the Marriott platform.

When I realized that my points from cancelled bookings did not immediately show up in my Marriott account, I stopped cancellations. I want less to track.

When I was told that it will take several days for points to return from adjusted bookings, I stopped making those updates. I have been told that once the properties "sync" it will be very easy for the rep to make the change.

At this moment, if there is something I want to do with a Marriott award booking, I have to call Marriott. If there is something I want to do with a Starwood award booking, I have to call Starwood.

Most of my points are currently tied up due to the above issues. i am unable to book with points I don't have due to their software issues.

Agents have been uniformly pleasant despite what surely has been a difficult week for them.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 5:06 pm

Still no sign of the 540k they owe me!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by tylerc
Still no sign of the 540k they owe me!
Ouch! I'm out 192K. This is ridiculous....
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:18 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
FWIW my Ambassador indicated to me today that it is supposed to take 7-10 days from today for them to be able to get refund points for my previously booked Cat 7 awards. I can’t say that the timeframe will be the same for anyone else, but at least it gives everyone a possible timeframe for expectation.

Last edited by bhrubin; Aug 24, 2018 at 6:29 pm
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by bhrubin
FWIW my Ambassador indicated to me today that it is supposed to take 7-10 days for them to be able to get refund points for my previously booked Cat 7 awards. I can’t say that the timeframe will be the same for anyone else, but at least it gives everyone a possible timeframe for expectation.
Timeframe from when? Cancellation or today?
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:28 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by tylerc
Timeframe from when? Cancellation or today?
From today, sorry. I’ll edit that to make it clearer.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:39 pm

From today, sorry. I’ll edit that to make it clearer.
Thanks - they've quoted 7 to 10 days over the past few days which means they really have no clue at all.

What a cluster.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
7-10 days from today!? I really wonder how long it would take to resolve this "issue" if it was the other way around and points were being redeposited when they shouldn't be.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 8:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Just called and got immediately told it was a known issue and to give it 2 to 3 days.

Such inconsistent messaging.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
And since they changed the domain name and my SPG number, I didn't know I was logged into my Marriott account when I madea new reservation. So now I have 2 reservations. Argh. What a mess!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 11:44 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by MrM2016
Just called and got immediately told it was a known issue and to give it 2 to 3 days.

Such inconsistent messaging.
Well, now the countdown begins. Thanks for sharing! Here’s hoping you’re right.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 6:06 am

Well, now the countdown begins. Thanks for sharing! Here’s hoping you’re right.
I'll believe it when I see it...
Old Aug 25, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Agree. I have a very low confidence this will resolve that quickly.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:16 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Well, they seem still unable to resolve the missing transaction for last 1-2 months issue.

I have cancelled all those booking that I don’t really need. This kind of issue is expected.
Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:55 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Managed to get my points credited back to my account today by calling the Marriott (not SPG) line.

Even though it was an SPG reservation the agent had no problem pulling it up, seeing that the reward certificate was never canceled, cancel it and the points showed up in my account immediately.

I think the update done yesterday is the key - last week the could not even see the reservation on the Marriott side.
bhrubin likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.