Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Marriott's Best Rate Guarantee Discussion Thread

This thread is about Marriott's BRG. If you don't know what BRG is - here's the Marriott BRG and here's the claim form.
If you're not satisfied with the outcome of your claim and wish for a second review you may reply back by email or call Marriott's BRG hotline 1-800-771-5665. A human is available at this number beginning at 9 am EST.

If you are new to this, and would like to ask fellow FTers questions regarding BRGs, then this thread is the place to start.

Hotel Name:
Date of stay:
Number of Guests:
Room Type:
Marriott Brand Website Rate:
Competing Rate:
Actual Approved Rate:

Print Wikipost

Marriott BRG Best Rate Guarantee (formerly LNF) Success, failure & discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Hmmm. Okay. Well it's disappointing that people don't want to share where they have found BRG success. To my mind, that's really the most pertinent, helpful piece of information. What an individual member saved, on what dates, with how many guests is really neither here nor there for the rest of us, I would have thought. But knowing where someone has had success would be helpful.

It seems I was under the wrong impression. In the spirit of actually assisting others, I've had success with Priceline (Santiago Marriott) and Booking (JW Marriott Mumbai).
estnet likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: SPG(LTG), QANTAS gold, Korean, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by danger
I'm confident I've seen some reference to someone mentioning Marriott had asked FlyerTalk not to publish the competitor website but perhaps I'm mistaken. If I am mistaken, I do find it odd that the competitor website isn't stated by members who are successful. It's part of the proposed template in the first post of this thread and I know members on the Hyatt thread fairly routine name the other site. I've followed the thread for probably close to a year and don't recall ever seeing the other site named, except on one occasion earlier this year but the site was later removed from the post.
I tell people who PM me. It declined as a practice in the SPG forum as they seemed to find ways to exclude sites that regularly gave the best rates so many seasoned regulars kept the remaining good ones to themselves.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Originally Posted by joakgarp
Denied claim with reason that the OTA rate is a flexible cancellation but prepayment is made when booking is made. Payment will be returned if cancelled 24h before check in. Marriott's rate is not prepayed but flexible cancellation. So when payment is made needs to be matched now.
Ffs..
One of their agent approved one of my claims. But my other claims for the same OTA are being constantly denied with the same email templates all over. Because Marriott's BRG agents believe if the OTA is offering flexible cancellation (24 h before check in) but requests the rate to be prepaid rather than at check in, they think they have the right to deny the claim. However, NOTHING about this is written in Marriott's terms which is found here: https://www.marriott.com/online-hote...ng.mi#bestrate
.."rates that have different rules such as cancellation or refund policies, or rates that include differing guaranteed custom room options."
Nothing here says anything about how I pay for the room if it's advanced payment or check in. Who cares anyway? My OTA is offering same room, instant confirmation, same cancellation policy, no deposit but with lower rate. When I pay should not matter.

Told the Brg-agent to consult his supervisor and get back to me. This was two days ago. Guess if anyone has gotten back to me? Of course not. This is the kind of ...... service I'm afraid of from big corporates like Marriott. They put the lid on and agents make up their own rules to deny and make up any story they want. Just like Hyatt did before.

Now I'm reading Hyatt has finally improved their BRG tool with plenty of improvements from before so BRG is very well alive and important for hotel business. I can easily move my nights back to Hyatt once again.
https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/04/16/...april-16-2019/
"Now, members are eligible for either 20% off the competing rate OR 5,000 World of Hyatt bonus points. There are other changes hidden on the T&Cs"
"Best Rate Guarantee now includes membership websites (previously excluded) if the membership is free. “Note: Rates available on websites that require membership, but where the membership is free, the website waives the fee, or if membership is automatically created as part of the booking, are eligible for this guarantee.”
"– Hyatt has deleted the following exclusion: “Rates that are only available with a coupon, discount code, or other similar special offer.”
"– Hyatt has also removed the following from the not eligible for match: “Rates available on Ctrip.com.” Eligible rates on Ctrip are now valid for guarantee."

Gonna call in tomorrow if they don't sort it out. They usually respond when I'm asleep in a couple of hours..
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:18 pm

Hyatt’s BRG claim was simple and quick. $50 credit + price adjustment.

Marriotts been such a hassle, I stopped filing the claims. I have been staying at Hyatt properties and have been very happy
Old Apr 17, 2019, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Hotel Name: courtyard new york manhattan/herald square
Arrival Date: 5 nights in april....
Number of Rooms: 1....
Number of Guests: 1....
Room Type: king guest room....
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $247 plus tax per night....
Competing Rate: $188 plus taxes per night....
Competing Web Site: via hotelscombined.com
Actual Approved Rate: $149.99 plus taxes per night....
LNF Award: 25% discount....
Comments: this was without a doubt my strangest brg/lnf experience ever....i found a lower rate & filed the claim....the next day i get a response that my claim has been approved, albeit at a slightly higher rate than what i had submitted....the agent went on to say that my rate had been adjusted to $154.99 a night, except for the night of the 28th....there was no further detail regarding what the rate was for the 28th....when i checked my reservation online, i noticed that my 5 night reservation had now turned into a 7 night reservation & it was still displaying the higher rate....finally i decided to call the brg/lnf team & spoke with an old spg agent who i have had the pleasure of interacting with many times over the years....she struggled to understand what the earlier agent had done but was finally able to rectify the error after about 10 minutes....
Old Apr 18, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum - LT Gold
Called the brg hot line 1-866-500-0368 yesterday. Thank god they are keeping the phone line from the spg days. The agent answering couldn't help but escalated my claims to supervisor who was able to read and she apologized.
However my claim were too close to Marriott's original rate and due to different currency rates. So claim denied but she gave a proper explanation why and I'm happy about that. Prepayment on flexible cancellation doesn't matter as well which is good to know in the future.
KRSW likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA Life Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite
Hotel Name: Cosmopolitan Las Vegas
Arrival Date: June 12, 2019
Departure Date: June 13, 2019
Number of Rooms: 1
Number of Guests: 2/room
Room Type: Guest Room/King
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $180
Competing Rate: $89
Actual Approved Rate: $66 + tax & fees
LNF Award: 25% discount

Note: Competing rate was non-refundable but still got approved.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:25 am

Hotel Name: St. Regis San Francisco
Arrival Date: 1 night in August
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Deluxe Room
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $570++
Actual Approved Rate: $300.55++

Hotel Name: Palace Hotel, Luxury Collection, San Francisco
Arrival Date: 1 night in August
Number of Guests: 1
Room Type: Superior Room
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $420++
Actual Approved Rate: $151.59++
Old Apr 28, 2019, 3:09 am

Do they reply within 24 hours? I got an automated reply saying:

"We have received your message, and you will receive a reply from a team member soon; however, the message was received at an email account that will be discontinued soon. Please direct all future correspondence regarding Marriott’s Best Rate Guarantee to [email protected]. Thank you!"

It's been more than 24 hours since I submitted my claim.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by broadwayboy

"We have received your message, and you will receive a reply from a team member soon; however, the message was received at an email account that will be discontinued soon. Please direct all future correspondence regarding Marriott’s Best Rate Guarantee to [email protected]. Thank you!"

Yesterday, for my very first time since the merger, it took them about 30 hours to reply to my claim.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

its typically between 24-48 hours....
Old Apr 28, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat

currently 12-30 hours for my BRG claims. Only once did I NOT get a response at all.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:00 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
How do I do an LNF for a room marriot doesnt sell but ota does ( for example a single room )
Old Apr 28, 2019, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
How do I do an LNF for a room marriot doesnt sell but ota does ( for example a single room )
cross-posting is not allowed ...
Old Apr 29, 2019, 4:00 pm

Time to process: 26 hours
Hotel Name: TownePlace Suites Orlando Theme Parks/Lake Buena Vista
Arrival Date: 17-June
Departure Date: 19-June
Number of Guests: 2/room
Room Type: 2 Queen
Marriott Brand Website Rate: $123/nt
Competing Rate: $114/nt
Actual Approved Rate: $85.14 + tax & fees

Rep was very pleasant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.