Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2018, 5:03 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC
Decided to take the bullett (and hope I’ll still get double platinum years for 2018) and merged my accounts. So far everything seems to be in working order, everything synced in less than 10 hours. I had separately 69 and 55 nights, after merging I was able to select to select the 75 nights gift after another ~20 hours.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by Bravada04
Since I am long time SPG member I kept my new SPG # and combined accounts from there.....It actually went all smooth with no errors.
Of course I took a snapshot of everything and wrote down all my points and what they should be after the combine - worked out perfectly.

My account seems to be working well right now with several stays posting etc., I needed to combine to keep my Plat status which I just hit the 50 nights this past weekend.

ps... I understand with the new benefits you get them "the year of".....absolutely useless for me now in the middle of December getting suite nights or 5 more nights added to my status. I liked the old way and made much more sense to have your Plat gifts given for the next calendar year. Literally useless for me right now.
Originally Posted by Kaloz
Decided to take the bullett (and hope I’ll still get double platinum years for 2018) and merged my accounts. So far everything seems to be in working order, everything synced in less than 10 hours. I had separately 69 and 55 nights, after merging I was able to select to select the 75 nights gift after another ~20 hours.
appreciate the DP. im still holding out. but great to know your nights combined and the 75 night gift selection option showed up.

have a few questions hoping you can answer:
1) reps have told me there are issues when you use the same E-Mail address on both accounts. meaning, "duplicate email" error occurs and your account gets locked. did you use the same email address? everything worked? not sure how true this warning is.

2) which account did you keep? not that it matters, but i am wondering what other items get merged over besides your activity? CC on file? preferences? differences in names such as middle initial or no middle initial?

3) lastly, i can no longer find my SPG legacy activity screen in my SPG profile. do you still see it after the merge? not sure which account you have kept, but do you still have access to that? i shouldve have saved all that legacy data last month!
decentmove likes this.

Last edited by GundamWing01; Dec 25, 2018 at 6:36 pm
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:31 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
appreciate the DP. im still holding out. but great to know your nights combined and the 75 night gift selection option showed up.

1) reps have told me there are issues when you use the same E-Mail address on both accounts. meaning, "duplicate email" error occurs and your account gets locked. did you use the same email address? everything worked?
2) which account did you keep? not that it matters, but i am wondering what other items get merged over besides your activity? CC on file? preferences? differences in names such as middle initial or no middle initial?
3) lastly, i can no longer find my SPG legacy activity scren anymore in my SPG screen. not sure which account you have kept, but did you still have access to that?
Yikes. So for (1) I should change the email on one of the accounts before i merge?
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Yikes. So for (1) I should change the email on one of the accounts before i merge?
thats what i was told as well as to remove any variations to my name on both accounts if one had Sr. Jr. III etc. i want to confirm this with the people who have merged tho. not sure how true this is.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:18 pm

Arrow

Originally Posted by Bravada04
Since I am long time SPG member I kept my new SPG # and combined accounts from there.....It actually went all smooth with no errors.
Of course I took a snapshot of everything and wrote down all my points and what they should be after the combine - worked out perfectly.

My account seems to be working well right now with several stays posting etc., I needed to combine to keep my Plat status which I just hit the 50 nights this past weekend.

Hopefully all things stay settled into the New Year if they start doing some more IT stuff!

ps... I understand with the new benefits you get them "the year of".....absolutely useless for me now in the middle of December getting suite nights or 5 more nights added to my status. I liked the old way and made much more sense to have your Plat gifts given for the next calendar year. Literally useless for me right now.
Originally Posted by Kaloz

1) reps have told me there are issues when you use the same E-Mail address on both accounts. meaning, "duplicate email" error occurs and your account gets locked. did you use the same email address? everything worked? not sure how true this warning is.

3) lastly, i can no longer find my SPG legacy activity screen in my SPG profile. do you still see it after the merge? not sure which account you have kept, but do you still have access to that? i shouldve have saved all that legacy data last month!
@GundamWing01:
Those are great questions and I'm anxious to read the answers. I'm in the same boat.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I used my same email on both accounts prior to the merger and didn't have any of the issues I know others unfortunately had...YMMV.

Yes you will be able to see legacy SPG activity.
Old Dec 25, 2018, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I used my same email on both accounts prior to the merger and didn't have any of the issues I know others unfortunately had...YMMV.

Yes you will be able to see legacy SPG activity.
damn ok. so i guess its true in some cases. i will just use a dummy email. thank u for the DP.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Well, I combined. All the math worked, but....

1) Years Platinum should have incremented by 2 -- each legacy account earned it separately, and this has been covered numerous times here. Instead, it incremented by 1. Not happy. Asked for fix.
2) Combo took to Platinum Premier. Can't choose that benefit however. And didn't choose on Marriott pre combination. Only chose on SPG. Not happy, but that seems at least part to be a cookie problem. So waiting on that before complaining (also, don't need 10 SNAs for next year quite yet!)

So this is hardly glitch free even at this stage. But it seemed like waiting forever was also fraught.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by rogo

1) Years Platinum should have incremented by 2 -- each legacy account earned it separately, and this has been covered numerous times here. Instead, it incremented by 1. Not happy. Asked for fix.
2) Combo took to Platinum Premier. Can't choose that benefit however. And didn't choose on Marriott pre combination. Only chose on SPG. Not happy, but that seems at least part to be a cookie problem. So waiting on that before complaining (also, don't need 10 SNAs for next year quite yet!)

So this is hardly glitch free even at this stage. But it seemed like waiting forever was also fraught.
appreciate the DP, but when did you combine? you know it takes a few hrs or even days to get things synced right?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ti/LTP, Hilton Diamond, Sixt AC, Hertz PC

1) I’ve changed the email address of one of the accounts beforehand
2) since my SPG number changed anyways, I’ve picked the MR one. At least some hotels will certainly identify me as a returning guest
3) I can see my SPG stays just fine in the merged account’s activity
Old Dec 26, 2018, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by rogo

you need to wait about a day for the choice-benefit site to update. It’s more than likely you’ll have both options if you’ve picked to keep the MR number - I did the same, hence I ended up with 15 SNAs and a free night award
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
damn ok. so i guess its true in some cases. i will just use a dummy email. thank u for the DP.
The duplicate email issue, for what I've seen, is mainly if you choose to access your accounts by email. If you know and use your account numbers then there should be no issues. But it is wise to use a spam address for the account that will be deleted. Fortunately there are so many free email services this should not be an issue. Plus, if you're using GMail, just add +OldMR to your username and that should work.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
The duplicate email issue, for what I've seen, is mainly if you choose to access your accounts by email. If you know and use your account numbers then there should be no issues. But it is wise to use a spam address for the account that will be deleted. Fortunately there are so many free email services this should not be an issue. Plus, if you're using GMail, just add +OldMR to your username and that should work.
DP = I combined my parents MR + SPG account last night (has the same email address + use the email address to login), and it combined successfully with no issue.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by edcho
DP = I combined my parents MR + SPG account last night (has the same email address + use the email address to login), and it combined successfully with no issue.
Maybe IT has done some changes because this was definitely an issue for me right after the merger and before combining accounts. Given both accounts are on the same system and if username (email) isn't different it wouldn't know which account you wanted. Fortunately, that is becoming history. But those that do run into the issue, a simple change of email address may solve the issue. A lot less hassle than going through CSRs.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Maybe IT has done some changes because this was definitely an issue for me right after the merger and before combining accounts. Given both accounts are on the same system and if username (email) isn't different it wouldn't know which account you wanted. Fortunately, that is becoming history. But those that do run into the issue, a simple change of email address may solve the issue. A lot less hassle than going through CSRs.
For legacy LTPP is it necessary to combine by Dec 31 2018?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.