FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Combine Accounts Update
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2018, 6:27 pm
GundamWing01

Originally Posted by Bravada04
Since I am long time SPG member I kept my new SPG # and combined accounts from there.....It actually went all smooth with no errors.
Of course I took a snapshot of everything and wrote down all my points and what they should be after the combine - worked out perfectly.

My account seems to be working well right now with several stays posting etc., I needed to combine to keep my Plat status which I just hit the 50 nights this past weekend.

ps... I understand with the new benefits you get them "the year of".....absolutely useless for me now in the middle of December getting suite nights or 5 more nights added to my status. I liked the old way and made much more sense to have your Plat gifts given for the next calendar year. Literally useless for me right now.
Originally Posted by Kaloz
Decided to take the bullett (and hope I’ll still get double platinum years for 2018) and merged my accounts. So far everything seems to be in working order, everything synced in less than 10 hours. I had separately 69 and 55 nights, after merging I was able to select to select the 75 nights gift after another ~20 hours.
appreciate the DP. im still holding out. but great to know your nights combined and the 75 night gift selection option showed up.

have a few questions hoping you can answer:
1) reps have told me there are issues when you use the same E-Mail address on both accounts. meaning, "duplicate email" error occurs and your account gets locked. did you use the same email address? everything worked? not sure how true this warning is.

2) which account did you keep? not that it matters, but i am wondering what other items get merged over besides your activity? CC on file? preferences? differences in names such as middle initial or no middle initial?

3) lastly, i can no longer find my SPG legacy activity screen in my SPG profile. do you still see it after the merge? not sure which account you have kept, but do you still have access to that? i shouldve have saved all that legacy data last month!

Last edited by GundamWing01; Dec 25, 2018 at 6:36 pm