Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I combined 2 days ago and the total nights were correct but Lifetime was not. Reservations showed up correctly after 48 hours; past activity has never been correct and shows the error message that they are still being combined. Now lifetime status is not showing for me on SPG.com, but the app still does. And it's incorrect.

A new error daily. What a mess.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If combining your accounts put you over 750 nights and 10 years Plat, then LTPP should happen in January.
That's not how the FAQ reads - it should reflect now - or perhaps the FAQ doesn't specifically address if combining puts you over? I'm in the same boat as miket.

2. When will the Lifetime Platinum Premier status I earned be reflected in my account?
If you earned Lifetime Platinum with Rewards, your new Lifetime Platinum Premier status should be reflected in your newly combined account. If you achieve 750 nights and 10 years Platinum Elite status by December 31, 2018, you will also earn Lifetime Platinum Premier status. That newly earned status will be reflected in your account in January 2019.

Last edited by seanp7; Aug 23, 2018 at 11:25 am
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Platinum
So, I'm waiting to merge my accounts until all the bugs are worked out (I moved all points into my SPG account before the merge). Is there any advantage to merging into SPG or Marriott? Most of my lifetime nights and years platinum are with SPG, however I've had my MR account since 1999 (vs 2011 with SPG). Is there any advantage to keeping the older MR account?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by RogerD408
If combining your accounts put you over 750 nights and 10 years Plat, then LTPP should happen in January.
Originally Posted by seanp7
That's not how the FAQ reads - it should reflect now - or perhaps the FAQ doesn't specifically address if combining puts you over? I'm in the same boat as miket.

2. When will the Lifetime Platinum Premier status I earned be reflected in my account?
If you earned Lifetime Platinum with Rewards, your new Lifetime Platinum Premier status should be reflected in your newly combined account. If you achieve 750 nights and 10 years Platinum Elite status by December 31, 2018, you will also earn Lifetime Platinum Premier status. That newly earned status will be reflected in your account in January 2019.
The only ones that should expect LTPP reflected are those that made MR LTP prior to the merge. All other triggers, will get applied in January. I don't expect them to do continuous sweeps since it would only apply this year. No earning LTPP after 12/31.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
If I combine will I still qualify for the 25 spg stays this year? I am currently at 19 stays.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:08 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
The online tool is now showing my status as Plat Premier. Note that I have LTPP status, but I don't have the requisite 75 nights this year.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by bdschobel
Not right now:

Lifetime Status

You can earn lifetime status by staying with us often. Once you reach lifetime status, it lasts forever.

We’re temporarily unable to display the information you requested.Please try again later.
That links displays the correct information IF you are already logged in.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA GOld, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Tried to call to ask a question about a reservation not showing up in my new/combined account. The CSR was clueless. "well, they used different reservation numbers", " well, that reservation was made before the merger"... Are you kidding me.? And this after waiting 25 minutes on hold to get somebody to even answer the phone. If the answer is to wait 48 hours, PUT THAT ON THE WEBSITE... that's not what it says... it says all reservations will be combined and show up right away. Sorry for the rant, been dealing with various incompetent people all day today. Now I look at the App on my phone and the missing reservation is there. But NOT if I log into the website.

Last edited by Hog Heaven; Aug 23, 2018 at 1:45 pm
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Add me to the list of people waiting to merge. I'm getting the names don't match message as well, since Marriott had my full first name and SPG had an abbreviation (Goose vs. Goosebump).

But I have piddling middle-tier status with both and no upcoming stays, so I don't really see any advantage to calling in and updating things until the dust settles.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, UA 1MM, BonVoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ymx
Your screenshot shows both lifetime nights and points. Is the nights showing combined MR and SPG night, but the points showing your legacy lifetime MR points?
I ask because we're all still wondering if combined MR and SPG nights will qualify for lifetime status under the old rules (using just MR lifetime points)
The post showed my current combined points and my lifetime nights. all the math worked correctly and my account also now show my combined nights this year from both programs.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:39 pm

Well, the nights I have are still wrong, off by 6. I doubt it has to do with my Amex SPG. I have called and they have filed an issue/case, they said wait another week.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: LT Mariott Platinum?, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, Amtrak Nothing.
Is there a way to display legacy lifetime Marriott points? Any direct URL for this? (https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi just shows nights.) FYI, I have linked but not yet combined my accounts.

Thanks.

Not that it matters for my question, but my current Marriott lifetime status shows Silver, yet my lifetime totals from the above URL show:
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 628

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 17

Years as Gold or Platinum: 12

Years as Platinum: 12

Should my lifetime status show PP? I would like to merge my accounts as I also have on my legacy SPG account:
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 210

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 11

Years as Gold or Platinum: 11

Years as Platinum: 4

But I don't want to combine accounts until things have settled down. If I had to somehow produce old records of hotel stays I would be in trouble as they were mostly from 2000-2010 on emails that no longer exist.

Thanks.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:51 pm

Last night i merged my account and today I got 360 points to my account that says "Point Transfer With Other Account"

Are they not doing the 3-1 conversion from the points left over in your starwood account? 360 was the amount of points I had left! Anyone else experience this?
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Decided to try combining. Worked like a charm. Except now, Marriott.com has reverted back to my MR data (pre-combining), while my App shows the combined data.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by copyright1997
Is there a way to display legacy lifetime Marriott points? Any direct URL for this? (https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi just shows nights.) FYI, I have linked but not yet combined my accounts.

Thanks.

Not that it matters for my question, but my current Marriott lifetime status shows Silver, yet my lifetime totals from the above URL show:
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 628

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 17

Years as Gold or Platinum: 12

Years as Platinum: 12

Should my lifetime status show PP? I would like to merge my accounts as I also have on my legacy SPG account:
Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 210

Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 11

Years as Gold or Platinum: 11

Years as Platinum: 4

But I don't want to combine accounts until things have settled down. If I had to somehow produce old records of hotel stays I would be in trouble as they were mostly from 2000-2010 on emails that no longer exist.

Thanks.
You will qualify for LTPP under the combined criteria (regardless of lifetime points, only a combined total of 750 nights and 10 years apply). However, this will only kick in from January 2019. Only legacy MR LTP would have become LTPP on Aug 18.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.