Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 20, 2018, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RogerD408
If you want to keep your SPG number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...mi?program=spg

If you want to keep your Rewards number, start here: https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/mer...ogram=marriott

New spg.com accepts a max password of 20 characters while legacy website accepted 24 characters.
If your legacy SPG password exceeds 20 characters, you will not be able to login as the 21st character and beyond is truncated. Reset password functionality may also fail. If you see following after attempting to reset password, call SPG to obtain your new SPG# and then return to spg.com to perform a password reset.

Please correct the following and try again.
The Account has been transfered to another Account
* Hot info /Jan. 03, 2019 *
Log into here with your logon credentials of your combined account to see from the top right corner slider if or if not your account already shows that you have been successfully grandfathered into LTPPE status!

Warning: It seems this only works for those that a able to make a choice, as it doesn't work for me.
Print Wikipost

Combine Accounts Update

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2018, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Kaloz
It seems safe to combine them, but there are a few points noone addressed. It’s clear that if you’ve achieved PLT in both programs in the same year, you get 2 years forward lifetime status. It’s also clear that for 2018 if you achived status in both programs before the merger, the same applies. What about people reaching plat in either or both programs now? My guess if you combine before next year, you’llnget a single year towards lifetime, as it will be “a single account in a single program” at the end of year.
Well, I am waiting for my 50th Marriott night to post and I completed SPG Plat pre-merger. I guess I'll find out shortly, as I'm not merging until I see the Plat year in my MR account. I do expect 2 years for 2018 though as I'm pretty sure this was promised. The question is whether I can double dip the 50 night benefit with my already used SPG50 benefit without losing the 75 night benefit after I merge.
Kaloz likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Kaloz
It seems safe to combine them, but there are a few points noone addressed. It’s clear that if you’ve achieved PLT in both programs in the same year, you get 2 years forward lifetime status. It’s also clear that for 2018 if you achived status in both programs before the merger, the same applies. What about people reaching plat in either or both programs now? My guess if you combine before next year, you’llnget a single year towards lifetime, as it will be “a single account in a single program” at the end of year.
Yes, if you make Plat as a result of combining your accounts then only one year of status should count. However, if you were to look at your legacy status in each of the programs and make Plat in both (stays or nights with SPG and nights with MR) then you should get two years of Plat status. Now, is that the way it will work? Will you need to call in to get a "one-time exception? Will they just blow you off and say that's not how it works? Who knows, seems no one has ownership for figuring it out and only if you happen upon an energetic CSR should you expect anything to change.
Kaloz likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by airoli
I am also affected by a post-merger reduction of lifetime nights stayed, in my case from 580 (as it showed on the website after I merged accounts) to 566 this week. I called Marriott, spoke to an agent who said she would "investigate", and after ~35min on hold, the call disconnected.
Update: I used the contact form on Marriott.com to write in about my missing nights. And here's what I got back:
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

[email protected]
The recipient's email system isn't accepting messages now. Please try resending your message later or contact the recipient directly.
Geez, Marriott. Has nobody ever told you that "you don't have a second chance to make a first impression" ?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 12:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I’m bored of this integration taking forever to smooth out. I’ve had to file four missing stay requests for three stays around 8/18 and one from early September [despite the hotel having all of my details], whereas in the four+ years I’ve been an SPG member I’ve only ever filed for one missing stay. Grr.

Come on, Marriott, we’re about to hit a month and there’s no end to the merger madness in sight.

khabah
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by airoli
Update: I used the contact form on Marriott.com to write in about my missing nights. And here's what I got back:

Geez, Marriott. Has nobody ever told you that "you don't have a second chance to make a first impression" ?
Interesting they use Microsoft Office 365 (for atleast their e-mail).
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by khabah
I’m bored of this integration taking forever to smooth out. I’ve had to file four missing stay requests for three stays around 8/18 and one from early September [despite the hotel having all of my details], whereas in the four+ years I’ve been an SPG member I’ve only ever filed for one missing stay. Grr.

Come on, Marriott, we’re about to hit a month and there’s no end to the merger madness in sight.

khabah
i've filed 3 so far since the merger....its been over 3 weeks since the first stay & the stay finally posted correctly yesterday....its been over 2 weeks since the second stay....i haven't heard back from research yet....the third stay posted incorrectly the day after i checked out....i only received points for the f&b portion of the stay & not the room rate....its been almost 2 weeks since i sent my folio to research but i haven't heard back from them yet....
Old Sep 15, 2018, 1:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres

khabah
I'm not sure if this applies to you - but when I use my new SPG#, stays apply quickly. When I use my legacy SPG# they don't apply and I have to file a claim. Have you been providing your new # at checkout and asking agent to place that in the record?
unclepants likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 9:15 pm
BCH

Im sorry, stgermainparis, but I've got you beat. After 2-hour call, my status is still not correct. I am one unhappy Marriott guest.

Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:11 am

I see the following in my app yet my lifetime status is only listed as platinum elite versus platinum premiere elite. I called the help line and after 45 minutes was informed by an agent that since I was legacy SPG should thought it would not post tot why lifetime status until 12/31/18. I asked her to check to confirm that she put me on hold for ten minutes and then hung up on me. Has anyone else had a similar issue with their lifetime status. P.S. I clearly spend too much time in hotels
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:20 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
I'm not sure if this applies to you - but when I use my new SPG#, stays apply quickly. When I use my legacy SPG# they don't apply and I have to file a claim. Have you been providing your new # at checkout and asking agent to place that in the record?
My stays from 8/15-8/18, 8/18-8/20 and 8/20-8/24 all had my old number on file since they were made months before the merger, then the app/website went on hiatus and the new numbers took time to come across. Following on Marriott's advice 10+ days after the stay, I filed missing stay reports and the stays posted shortly thereafter. Every stay I've had since, I always repeatedly made sure of the new number being present on the check-in forms and have received mixed results when it comes to stays posting (i.e. some stays post in a few days, others post the following morning à la former SPG).

In any case, it'd be nice to finally have some consistency and settle into business-as-usual with the integration fully behind us

khabah
Old Sep 16, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
My last stays :

StR SG, StR SF, Al Maha, Westin Mina Seyahi, US Grant, and W Hollywood all use my old (11 digit) SPG numbers and the stays already posted now.
Although Al Maha stays is not yet recorded in account activity.

Residence Inn Anaheim, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, and The Ritz-Carlton Al Hamra was made with my Ritz Carlton Reward (my current post merge membership number) and their stays also posted ... wit the exception of Ritz-Carlton stays somehow still not yet posted

But since the account activity still in a mess, its quite dificult to track which stays posted and which one is not.
And having 6, 2 nights stays back to back make recognising which stays posted and which not is even more difficult.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by ptc8329

I see the following in my app yet my lifetime status is only listed as platinum elite versus platinum premiere elite. I called the help line and after 45 minutes was informed by an agent that since I was legacy SPG should thought it would not post tot why lifetime status until 12/31/18. I asked her to check to confirm that she put me on hold for ten minutes and then hung up on me. Has anyone else had a similar issue with their lifetime status. P.S. I clearly spend too much time in hotels
Yes, it's frustrating, but how I understand it's going to work. In the original announcement only MR LTPs were going to be grandfathered into LTPP status. Only after a fair amount of outrage did Marriott give in and offered LTPP to others, but this would only happen one time in January with a sweep of accounts. My money is on they don't have that process worked out and won't be surprised if it's not delayed (we've seen how they handled the merge). I too am among those making LTPP with combined data. I am only 10 nights away from making MR LTP (and six from SPG LTP, not that counts for anything), so I am still contemplating pushing for the 10 nights just to make sure there is no changes to the rules after it's too late to take a different route.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, it's frustrating, but how I understand it's going to work. In the original announcement only MR LTPs were going to be grandfathered into LTPP status. Only after a fair amount of outrage did Marriott give in and offered LTPP to others, but this would only happen one time in January with a sweep of accounts. My money is on they don't have that process worked out and won't be surprised if it's not delayed (we've seen how they handled the merge). I too am among those making LTPP with combined data. I am only 10 nights away from making MR LTP (and six from SPG LTP, not that counts for anything), so I am still contemplating pushing for the 10 nights just to make sure there is no changes to the rules after it's too late to take a different route.
Thanks for the explanation. Fingers crossed for both of us!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 3:46 pm

khabah
Just out of curiosity when you receive the points etc from your missing stays is the transaction showing up in your activity page? Mine are not and I don't know if it matters - I just don't want to let this get too out of hand!
Old Sep 16, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Tit LTP
My experience was the points/nights showed up around T+3 or 4 and the activity updated about a week later. YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.