Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account you’re logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Here’s how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Got it - thanks for the clarification.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium, AA PLT for Life
Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
That's not going to happen until early 2020.
So the 2 years I should've gotten for last year (qualified separately under each legacy program) never credited. I was only given one. I've asked 5x for a fix.

Is there any way to get this fixed? Or should I give up, burn off my points, and move on?

I have a fundamental problem with a promise being reneged on.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 4:50 pm
Company Representative, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by rogo
So the 2 years I should've gotten for last year (qualified separately under each legacy program) never credited. I was only given one. I've asked 5x for a fix.

Is there any way to get this fixed? Or should I give up, burn off my points, and move on?

I have a fundamental problem with a promise being reneged on.
Have you responded to Christina's request for information? If not, perhaps send the details to her via Private Mail if you are having trouble sending emails to [email protected]?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 6:29 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Marriott Bonvoy Lurker
That's not going to happen until early 2020.
Hi Lurker,

I'm still not seeing my Platinum total year change since I've renewed for 2020 last December. I know it should change early 2020. Do you have exact time frame?
Old Feb 7, 2020, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by thebluejean
Hi Lurker,

I'm still not seeing my Platinum total year change since I've renewed for 2020 last December. I know it should change early 2020. Do you have exact time frame?
Mine updated about 3 weeks ago.just a data point
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.