Old Aug 19, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
To view your cumulative years of status at each level, log into your Marriott or SPG account and then visit https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Until you merge accounts, the summary will show only the stats for whichever legacy program account youre logged into (and not your combined totals in the new program).

Why does my Marriott lifetime elite total show several years of Plat status? I was Gold in the past, but never earned Plat.
Confusingly, Marriott has changed the terminology for elite levels in the new program. In the past, Gold meant you had 50+ nights in one year; going forward, Gold is the 25-night level & members who stay 50+ nights are Plat.

As a result, all prior years at the old, harder-to-earn Gold level are treated as Plat in the new program. Heres how Starwood Lurker explained things in the wiki (FAQ B4) at https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star...tml#lifeheader:
Past years at applicable Marriott Rewards and Ritz-Carlton Rewards Elite Night levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Silver Elite (10 nights) Years count as Silver Elite
Years at Gold Elite (50 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Elite (75 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
Years at Platinum Premier Elite (unpublished) Years count as Platinum Elite
Past years in SPG Elite levels will be counted in the following way:
Previous Member Level -> New Member Tenure Level
Years at Gold Preferred (25 nights) Years count as Gold Elite
Years at Platinum Preferred (50/75/100 nights) Years count as Platinum Elite
The years that members achieved Elite status due to credit cards will count towards Lifetime status.
Print Wikipost

Years of status is available

Old Aug 18, 2018, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL PM, BA Silver, Bonvoy LT PLT
Years of status is available

I was able to log in to my Marriott account and if you click through some of the menus to lifetime status, it does have a total years now. This is before merging accounts as the system still won't allow me to merge. Marriott has me at 7 years Platinum, which I think is very fair.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
where do you see this?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
where do you see this?
From marriott.com I was able to log in. From there I scroll down and there is a tile that says, "You are Lifetime Silver Elite" (actually I'm Gold elite with the new criteria, but I guess it is still using the old criteria). If I click on that tile it opens the lifetime status stats. It lists lifetime nights, years as silver, gold, or plat, years as gold or plat, and years as Plat.

The website is still a bit kluge so it may not have an account login all the time.

Also, there is now an infinite sign on the gold ring around my profile photo.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:24 pm
Original Poster

This is what I see:

Last edited by TWAforever; Aug 18, 2018 at 3:30 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TWAforever
From marriott.com I was able to log in. From there I scroll down and there is a tile that says, "You are Lifetime Silver Elite" (actually I'm Gold elite with the new criteria, but I guess it is still using the old criteria). If I click on that tile it opens the lifetime status stats. It lists lifetime nights, years as silver, gold, or plat, years as gold or plat, and years as Plat.

The website is still a bit kluge so it may not have an account login all the time.

Also, there is now an infinite sign on the gold ring around my profile photo.
o.k., thanks. I was looking in my account profile and it only showed LT nights.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 6:36 pm

I already have 80 nights this year, wonder if my "Years as Platinum" includes 2019 or will that be added on Jan 1?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I saw mine and it looked wrong. It said 7 years for each field, but I have hotel confirmation emails from 2011 which show that I was Gold in that year but never Platinum until 2012, so I should have a different count for Gold (8) than for only Platinum (7). (I already requalified for Platinum this year on the Marriott side, so 2018 should count.)
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:14 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Must be my timing i cant even log in...
pitflyer likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Must be my timing i cant even log in...
+1
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Interesting -- mine only shows the total nights but it doesn't show elite years.

When they combine I anticipate being LTG but not positive now since I can't see years. I've got 342 nights on Marriott and another 100 SPG nights and by my count I *should* have at least 7 Gold+ elite years between the two but without that module I can't say for sure.

It also incorrectly has me as only Platinum Elite even though that was my status pre-cutover so it should be Platinum Plus at least for the remainder of the year per their original announcement.

I imagine some of this is just rolling out in batches.

Last edited by Duke787; Aug 18, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:16 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I can't seem to find this screen. Can you give more specific instructions with the URL perhaps?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
I was able to log in just now. It is screwed up. It shows me as Platinum Premier Elite with Ambassador Benefits, and LTP. In reality, I haven't spent anywhere near $20K this year with Marriott, and should be LTPP. It should work itself out. I'm not going to worry about the LTP vs LTPP unless it still exists in a week or two.

I took a screen shot of my totals before the merge. The points and nights in my account seem to be accurate. I didn't see a lifetime points total.

The elite years seem to be generous for me. I have been a MR member for over 20 years, and it gave me 2 more years of Plt than I think I have earned.

Last edited by jeanie; Aug 18, 2018 at 10:29 pm
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by yosithezet
I can't seem to find this screen. Can you give more specific instructions with the URL perhaps?
This is much easier to do on the app, fyi. Swipe right on the little semi-circle showing your current year progress, and then tap on "Years as Silver Elite or Higher >"
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

On the Overview tab:

You are Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite

When I click for detail:

Lifetime Status

You can earn lifetime status by staying with us often. Once you reach lifetime status, it lasts forever.

Your lifetime statistics

Nights: 2258
Years as Silver, Gold or Platinum: 29
Years as Gold or Platinum: 29
Years as Platinum: 29
Old Aug 18, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Originally Posted by yosithezet
It's a bit buried. After you login go to the Overview page, scroll down the page to just below the section with an overview of your current status and there should a lifetime bar. Mine says "You are Lifetime Silver Elite", not sure what it will say if you don't have any lifetime status - I assume it will still be there. Click on that and it should show your year counts - my match what I expected.

Update: I logged into my SPG account and that bar only appears if you already have lifetime status. However, you can use this link if you are already logged in: https://www.marriott.com/rewards/myA...ightDetails.mi

Some other items of note I saw writing this up - It appears my new Plat Premier status is loaded, so that appears to be done. For lifetime status, it appears that only the legacy status is showing, I should have lifetime Gold under the new rules - I assume they will be figuring that out for everyone later in the merging process

roubaolic likes this.

Last edited by ajwright; Aug 18, 2018 at 10:52 pm Reason: Adding link to lifetime page

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.