Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:24 am

JW has the best location for most first time tourists, whether you prefer to taxi or take public transport.
More nearby destinations that are walkable, more hawkers and food halls with local food nearby.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 12:41 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by barneyb
I'm in Singapore for 3 nights at the of August for our first trip to the city, so will mostly be doing tourist things as a young couple.
I have similar rates at both the JW and St Regis, and am a platinum member. Which would be better for overall experience?

We've never stayed in a StR and interested to see what the StR service is like, however my impression is it's quite a dated hotel vs the JW and location is further from the tube and more of a shopping area?

Are any of the other Singapore work looking at?

Thanks for your help
Please, please, please don't stay at the Singapore STR as your first STR...
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:02 am

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Please, please, please don't stay at the Singapore STR as your first STR...
Stayed there a couple of months ago and all was good.

Upgraded to a suite using SNA for 11 nights (points stay as well).

Breakfast was good. Butler service was good (packing/unpacking/pressing).

Drinks at the bar for an hour I believe at 6 pm.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
Stayed there a couple of months ago and all was good.

Upgraded to a suite using SNA for 11 nights (points stay as well).

Breakfast was good. Butler service was good (packing/unpacking/pressing).

Drinks at the bar for an hour I believe at 6 pm.
I liked the property, as well, but it isn't the one to try if you're looking for a consistently good example of "STR service" in my opinion.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I believe some of the STR Singapore team did try their best to make customers happy.
But unfortunately I have the impression that the management and the rest of the team feels that guests especially elites are nuisance.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by barneyb
I'm in Singapore for 3 nights at the of August for our first trip to the city, so will mostly be doing tourist things as a young couple.
I have similar rates at both the JW and St Regis, and am a platinum member. Which would be better for overall experience?

We've never stayed in a StR and interested to see what the StR service is like, however my impression is it's quite a dated hotel vs the JW and location is further from the tube and more of a shopping area?

Are any of the other Singapore work looking at?

Thanks for your help
I would go for the JW. The location is better for getting around the island with MRT Circle line, East-West line and North-South line all close by. Raffles City, Suntec, Marina Square and Chijmes are close by for a huge selection of shopping and eating. It is a modern hotel and has an excellent lounge if you have access to it.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The StR Orchard Road location is considerably less interesting. Though there are several large malls and the Botanical Gardens very close by.

StR gets rightly criticized for arrogant attitude, but JW is not super elite friendly, either. It seems the Westin gets the best marks overall of the Marriotts (though I haven't stayed there).
Old Jul 28, 2023, 9:50 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Shopping mall wise, Marriott Tang Plaza will be nearest hotel for those malls.

JW did have nice area.

And for elite expectation, don't expect anything in Singapore and you will not be disappointed
cnn and lsquare like this.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
The StR Orchard Road location is considerably less interesting. Though there are several large malls and the Botanical Gardens very close by.

StR gets rightly criticized for arrogant attitude, but JW is not super elite friendly, either. It seems the Westin gets the best marks overall of the Marriotts (though I haven't stayed there).
I have stayed at the Westin and can recommend it. It is more business-traveler focused than leisure-traveler. I stayed during the early days of post-covid reopening and the lounge was not open yet, but they gave a very generous F&B daily credit in lieu of that. The room was excellent with a great view of the harbor. Location is not as ideal as the JW, not great for local shopping/dining without riding the MRT. But with the opening of MRT Thomson line right at the front door, and a short walk to Downtown line, it is well connected to the rest of the island.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by Kacee

JW is definitely the way to go from a location standpoint for first-time Singapore tourists, IMO. But I much prefer the vibe of the StR's location, specifically being near the Botanic Gardens and Nassim Road.
Old Jul 28, 2023, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Is it worth 17k points on a 3 day stay to go from the Warehouse Hotel to the Westin? (If it's easier to estimate value, imagine I said "$120 USD or $40 a night").

I will be Titanium during the stay and while free breakfasts, upgrades and executive lounges are nice I think it's a bit of a fail to limit yourself to food from your hotel in Singapore, and I am fine with a base room in nicely appionted boutique hotel.
Old Aug 9, 2023, 12:50 pm

Programs: AP 50k, UA Silver, MB Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Now that I'm done with my Singapore visit, here is my subjective ranking of the properties I tried - as always, full reviews and photos are in the respective master threads.
  1. Westin - amazing bed, great views, lovely ricotta welcome gift, fast service
  2. Sheraton - great bed, easy and friendly service, nice welcome gift, cozy room, easy location with great MRT access, tasty breakfast
  3. JW - nice bed, nice welcome gift, nice lounge with good offerings, long queues to check in
  4. St Regis - very long wait to check in, comfortable bed, good shower, somewhat regal design, tasty breakfast
  5. W - comfortable bed, good shower, good breakfast, prying check-in, isolated location
  6. Marriott Tang Plaza - suite upgrade, bedroom climate control was all or nothing, hated the exterior hallway door in the bathroom, poor shower pressure, good lounge and breakfast, slow luggage service spooked me
Nice to have this ranking list from you for my trip to Singapore next year. Here's hoping Westin points pricing falls back within 50k, or else looks like I'm going to the Sheraton!
Old Aug 10, 2023, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
Is it worth 17k points on a 3 day stay to go from the Warehouse Hotel to the Westin? (If it's easier to estimate value, imagine I said "$120 USD or $40 a night").

I will be Titanium during the stay and while free breakfasts, upgrades and executive lounges are nice I think it's a bit of a fail to limit yourself to food from your hotel in Singapore, and I am fine with a base room in nicely appionted boutique hotel.
Warehouse Hotel is a Design Hotel Property so elite benefit there was quite limited.
(no 4pm check out guarantee and no free breakfast as welcome amenity I believe)
They are small hotel so I wouldn't be surprised if they can't upgrade you.
If you dont mind walking alot under Singapore sun then I would suggest Warehouse hotel.

Location wise, Westin is a bit better. Plenty of food options nearby and you can walk easily (a bit hot though) to Tanjong Pagar area for more food!
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:55 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Looking at the cheaper end of the market, any views would be welcome... I have a two night business trip, first night arriving at nearly midnight, likely a few business meetings (maybe a late checkout helpful). Price range is limited due to the increase in pricing and a tight hotel cap. As such, need to just choose what is best. Ultimately it will be a bed for a night (no time for lounge, I guess breakfast won't be included for free), ideally I can get to Esplanade / City Hall easily, but that can be via taxi or MRT.

Options and prices, excluding tax that are within that tight cap:
  • The Serangoon House, Singapore, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel -200SGD
  • Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview - 220SGD
  • The Vagabond Club, Singapore, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel - 276SGD
  • Courtyard Singapore Novena - 280SGD
Currently thinking the Novena has an MRT, and the 4P Riverview with a taxi are the best choices. Would probably take the riverview, for the view and being close to the Quays at this point, but surprised that its so much cheaper?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by littlevoices
Looking at the cheaper end of the market, any views would be welcome... I have a two night business trip, first night arriving at nearly midnight, likely a few business meetings (maybe a late checkout helpful). Price range is limited due to the increase in pricing and a tight hotel cap. As such, need to just choose what is best. Ultimately it will be a bed for a night (no time for lounge, I guess breakfast won't be included for free), ideally I can get to Esplanade / City Hall easily, but that can be via taxi or MRT.

Options and prices, excluding tax that are within that tight cap:
  • The Serangoon House, Singapore, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel -200SGD
  • Four Points by Sheraton Singapore, Riverview - 220SGD
  • The Vagabond Club, Singapore, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel - 276SGD
  • Courtyard Singapore Novena - 280SGD
Currently thinking the Novena has an MRT, and the 4P Riverview with a taxi are the best choices. Would probably take the riverview, for the view and being close to the Quays at this point, but surprised that it's so much cheaper?
I think you summed it up well yourself. Those would be my choices. Personally I would go for the Courtyard because I value easy access to a MRT station, but can understand selecting the 4P if you want to walk out to the quays for evening dinner/drinks.
littlevoices likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.