FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1925622-marriott-bonvoy-hotels-singapore.html)

alextktan Nov 2, 2015 8:03 pm

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Hi,

Anyone heard anything about Marriott opening another property in Singapore? Kind of sick of the only one Marriott in Singapore (old and dated). Will visit Singapore at least once a year and it would be nice to have another Marriott property to choose from (like HHonors with two properties or IHG with a few properties).

Just saying, CHOICES.

alextktan

mjcewl1284 Nov 2, 2015 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by alextktan (Post 25654373)
Hi,

Anyone heard anything about Marriott opening another property in Singapore? Kind of sick of the only one Marriott in Singapore (old and dated). Will visit Singapore at least once a year and it would be nice to have another Marriott property to choose from (like HHonors with two properties or IHG with a few properties).

Just saying, CHOICES.

alextktan

+1. Preferably a CY or an affordable choice in Singapore would be great.

leeky Nov 2, 2015 9:24 pm

IMO Singapore just to expensive to get a CY in the city-state unless you stick it out by the Singapoire/Johor bridge or by the Night Safari, but then one already has a Marriott in Johor albeit in a lousy location if one wants to tour Singapore.

Originally Posted by mjcewl1284 (Post 25654519)
+1. Preferably a CY or an affordable choice in Singapore would be great.

Wickersley Nov 8, 2015 12:00 pm

New Marriott Property in Singapore?

Pretty sure if you read back the main SIN hotel thread, you'll see comments indicating a second MR branded hotel

(Apologies - iPhone only, so no link)

Explains the change to "tang plaza"

Also - it's currently getting renovated...I love that hotel (or maybe it's just SIN!)

k3nnis Feb 12, 2018 8:53 pm

Marriott in Singapore

Hi All,

Travelling with wife an daughter ( 7 year old). Which marriott is better overall? The one on orchard road or south beach?

Also for the room, best to get 1 King and a rollover or do you suggest something else?

Thanks,
K.

CJKatl Feb 12, 2018 9:26 pm

IME everything is better than the property on Orchard Rd. It's the only Asian Marriott property that was a disappointment.

C17PSGR Feb 12, 2018 9:36 pm

I haven't stayed at the Orchard Road property but the South Beach property is excellent, except for the rooftop pool which is poorly designed. Great location, new hotel, and definitely recommended. There is a good thread here on the property.

k3nnis Feb 12, 2018 9:53 pm

Thanks guys, The only reason I'm thinking of orchard is the convinience. But is South beach convinient too?

LF72 Feb 12, 2018 11:07 pm

Hemmed and hawed for months on this. In the end I went with the Westin as I wasn't pleased with any of the Marriott options. I had been eyeing the JW, but didn't like what I heard about the two pools.

Been to Singapore twice. Stayed at the Raffles and Fullerton. Now I have quite a few SPG and MR points, so I will be using them for this trip. Heading there tomorrow.

Srisarin Feb 13, 2018 12:07 am

There are existing threads on both the Orchard Rd and JW properties with comparison viewpoints, but I agree with CJ, stay away from Orchard

CJKatl Feb 13, 2018 1:59 am

Originally Posted by LF72 (Post 29410673)
Stayed at the Raffles...

I like Raffles, but I believe it is presently closed for renovation until the second half of 2018.

Srisarin Feb 13, 2018 3:43 am

Correct (found out the hard way !!)

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 29410870)
I like Raffles, but I believe it is presently be closed for renovation until the second half of 2018.

Hipplewm Feb 13, 2018 5:53 am

Originally Posted by k3nnis (Post 29410599)
Thanks guys, The only reason I'm thinking of orchard is the convinience. But is South beach convinient too?

Not sure when you have last been to orchard road, but it is basically a smelly zoo, with a new Apple Store and many other fancy stores.

I am not sure what you consider convenient, but the esplanade (CC2) MRT stop is under the south beach and you can get to city hall stop thru underground tunnels. Suntec city is across the street one way, capital mall is the other and across diagonally is another huge shopping complex. If you are doing touristy stuff, Suntec is where the major tour buses operate from, as well as the duck boats.

My wife and I spent our 25th anniv there and she hates travel, still doesn't understand how we lost a day going there, and got home basically the same time we left. It really makes her head hurt thinking about it, but Singapore and somewhat the SB Marriott is why she wants to go back.

FlyingKansan Feb 13, 2018 8:27 am

Wife and I stayed at Orchard Road for 3 nights recently and really enjoyed it. Albeit, it does have a very touristy feel to it, but we have no qualms with that. We got great elite recognition even as lowly Golds, and having laundry service a block away was very convenient.

LF72 Feb 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingKansan (Post 29411426)
Wife and I stayed at Orchard Road for 3 nights recently and really enjoyed it. Albeit, it does have a very touristy feel to it, but we have no qualms with that. We got great elite recognition even as lowly Golds, and having laundry service a block away was very convenient.

Please expound on the laundry service.