Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I don't think there is lounge in St Regis.
For JW and Marriott Tang lounge, they dont allow kids on certain times only (when they serve alcohol).
Saw plenty of kids during breakfast

Hotel's restaurant for those dining credit, I believe you need to check with each hotel about which outlet eligible for those.

Pool area, St Regis does have small pool, Marriott Tang pool area is nicer with more open areas and more sunshine.

JW have best location in my opinion. Close to public transport and you can walk easily to Bugis, Armenian street, and Kampong Glam area
RafKa likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
StR offers 'happy hour' with nice appetizers and free booze on their bar - not a lounge, but quite nice IMO. I found the $100 to be giving a decent value at the lobby bar/restaurant.
RafKa and SQ88 like this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:18 pm

How does everyone feel about Tang Plaza's rooms with two Double-Beds for two adults and two kids (11YO and 15 YO). Occupancy limit is three, but I'm unsure if the 11YO count against that occupancy limit, and also the comfort level of the Double Bed for two normal sized adults (to protect the innocent, we are between 5'5 to 6', between 140-180 LBs).

Last edited by fenger; Mar 12, 2024 at 12:24 pm
Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:34 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by fenger
How does everyone feel about Tang Plaza's rooms with two Double-Beds for two adults and two kids (11YO and 15 YO). Occupancy limit is three, but I'm unsure if the 11YO count against that occupancy limit, and also the comfort level of the Double Bed for two normal sized adults (to protect the innocent, we are between 5'5 to 6', between 140-180 LBs).
No idea about Tang, but Westin will allow 4, plus all four will get breakfast, 2x as Plat, + kid (under 12) + chose 1 extra breakfast for 15 YO as your Plat welcome amenity
2 Adults will also get lounge access
fenger likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by pjoshc
Hi all,

Have a 50K FNC earmarked for Singapore. Looking for recommendations for where to stay (this is both of our first times in Singapore). We're only in Singapore for 23 hours (flight arrives at 10 AM and leaves at 9 AM) for a layover to return back to the US. Things to consider: early departing flight time (I guess we would want to get to the airport by 6 AM?), main focus would be doing/seeing/eating all the must-dos/must-sees/must-eats in Singapore.

Based on this thread and the /r/Marriott subreddit, it seems like I can't go wrong with any of the following, but I'm having trouble making a decision so wondering if any of the above factors (mainly the early departing flight time) might tilt the scale one way or another: JW, Westin, Tang Plaza, Vagabond.

Also, I see there is a new hotel (Singapore EDITION). It seems like that would give us by far the "value" on the points since the cash price seems to be 2x the other properties, but the initial reviews are rather lukewarm and there aren't any data points on the location.

Appreciate any input/advice here!
I'm in the same boat here, going in May, and will likely cancel my res for Andaz Singapore to redeem my FNC, we have 4 nights in SG and trying to find a good location. I'm leaning towards JW & Tang.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by DisturbedAle
I'm in the same boat here, going in May, and will likely cancel my res for Andaz Singapore to redeem my FNC, we have 4 nights in SG and trying to find a good location. I'm leaning towards JW & Tang.
Is there really a bad location in Singapore (with the exception of Sentosa)? The MRT is incredibly efficient and easy to use.
DisturbedAle likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 10:45 am

Any recent stays at the Aloft Novena? Ratings look pretty good.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:24 pm

Programs: Marriott AMB, Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Is there really a bad location in Singapore (with the exception of Sentosa)? The MRT is incredibly efficient and easy to use.
St. Regis and the new EDITION I would say have a bad location.

Having stayed at the STR in late May last year, it was brutal to use the metro as it wasn't very close. Especially with Singapore heat. So I opted then to use taxis.

However, staying at the JW in October was wonderful. Direct access to the metro and the hotel is much MUCH better than the old St. Regis property.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 5:57 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KFG, Marriott Plat, AccorG
Originally Posted by CrossTravel
Any recent stays at the Aloft Novena? Ratings look pretty good.
Just checked out of this hotel. Decent mid-priced hotel. Booked in the West Wing, adjacent to Zhongshan Mall. Was upgraded to a "suite," but really it was just two rooms with an unlocked door in between -- hence it didn't feel larger. Grateful anyway -- used the "living room" to store luggage. All staff were friendly and welcoming, and truly helpful. Breakfast was OK -- egg/omelette station and cooked-to-order noodles. Lots of Indian choices. Also had dinner when the breakfast place transformed into a Chinese restaurant. Surprisingly good, but pricey. Lots of cheaper food choices at the food court/mall right next door. Toast Box, Starbucks, McD, local choices. All Ok, but not as good as the hawker centers. There is also a handy Fair Price Finest grocery at the same mall, along with a 7-11 right outside the hotel entrance. There is a shuttle to the nearest MRT station, Novena. It's only less than 1 km. away, but the heat was oppressive and I was sweaty when I walked it at 4pm!

All in all, I was pleased with my stay, with the caveat that this is below the W, Tang Plaza Marriott, or even the Sheraton. YMMV.
RafKa and CrossTravel like this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83
St. Regis and the new EDITION I would say have a bad location.

Having stayed at the STR in late May last year, it was brutal to use the metro as it wasn't very close. Especially with Singapore heat. So I opted then to use taxis.
The Marriott boutiques like Warehouse Hotel and Vagabond Club are not amazingly positioned to the MRT like the ones that are on top of MRT stations. I do not mind some walking around so it wasn't terrible (Warehouse is pretty close to Tiong Bahru hawker centre, Vagabond Club is close to Arab Street and Little India) but if someone doesn't like a bit of a walk in Singapore's pretty constant heat...
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by Felix Felicis
All in all, I was pleased with my stay, with the caveat that this is below the W, Tang Plaza Marriott, or even the Sheraton. YMMV.
Thank you. I was just looking for a few nights stay to explore the city as a short stopover. For this, the hotel sounds like a good choice, considering the significantly lower price than the premium options in SG.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:37 pm

Any reviews on the newly opened 21 Carpenter by Design Hotels? Is it really worth the 450 SGD price point that it’s listed at?
Old Apr 20, 2024, 8:37 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Has anyone stayed at any of the Hilton properties? I'm currently booked at the Marriott Tang Plaza for two nights in August. but the Conrad and new Hilton are about the same price. I have Diamond status with Hilton and Titanium with Marriott. Trying to hit all the tourist spots in two days and stuff my stomach with much food as possible LOL.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Has anyone stayed at any of the Hilton properties? I'm currently booked at the Marriott Tang Plaza for two nights in August. but the Conrad and new Hilton are about the same price. I have Diamond status with Hilton and Titanium with Marriott. Trying to hit all the tourist spots in two days and stuff my stomach with much food as possible LOL.
I would stay at the Marriott Tangs if they're all about the same price and there's no other consideration on chain loyalty. It has great lounge with evening cocktails, mrt station is right outside the hotel.

Conrad orchard is some distance from the mrt station and isn't the most convenient place to be at.
Hilton orchard has smaller rooms and is 5-10 minute walk to the mrt, not linked by a shelter.

​​​​
Old Apr 20, 2024, 11:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
Trying to hit all the tourist spots in two days and stuff my stomach with much food as possible LOL.
Why Orchard Road?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.