Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Amb Elite & LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
Data point. My app updated sometime between midnight and 6am showing my AMB status. No email or link on how to activate or be assigned an AMB but that seems somewhat typical from above experiences.
Before Marriott even knew what an Ambassador was, it generally took a couple of weeks to get one assigned. When I first made the level in 2014 I pushed to get the status before a big vacation and had to make a few calls since it was not an immediate thing.

And as I've mentioned before not all Ambassadors are equal, some clearly love their jobs and taking care of us, for others we are an after thought. Just remember even if you have an assigned Ambassador you can always call the generic Ambassador number and they will help you, I've gotten some great help when I had to call outside of my Ambassador's normal working hours.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#elite

In 2018, the Loyalty Program will continue to honor Elite achievement via Qualifying Stays at participating SPG Brands that occur in 2018. Elite achievement via Qualifying Stays is only available until December 31, 2018 and will not be continued thereafter. Participating SPG Brands include: St. Regis® Hotels, The Luxury Collection®, W® Hotels, Sheraton®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Tribute Portfolio®, Design Hotels TM, Four Points®, Aloft® Hotels and Element®. Members can earn Elite Status via Qualifying Stays under the requirements listed below:

● Gold Elite: 10 to 24 Qualifying Stays or 25 to 49 Qualifying Nights
● Platinum Elite: 25 or more Qualifying Stays or 50 to 74 Qualifying Nights

from their t&c ... interestingly no pltp or pltpa tiers ....
Would it be shocking if they just stopped typing or their IT system didn't fully load the tier information?

https://members.marriott.com/faq/#wh...old-to-qualify

They've put it in writing in other places. If you are stupid enough to change the program in the middle of the year, you would have to be a real piece of work to change the annual qualification levels for the legacy members.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:41 am

Does the hotel have butler service that can help you with packing - unpacking your luggage when moving rooms ?

If my guess is right .. the hotel should have one
First, I don't want someone else touching all of my clothes and other personal items.

Second, pretty risky to let them just 'move' your laptop and other sensitive items. I'm sure if any disappeared they'd fully compensate you.

Last edited by deac83; Jan 2, 2019 at 8:42 am Reason: eta
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi#elite

In 2018, the Loyalty Program will continue to honor Elite achievement via Qualifying Stays at participating SPG Brands that occur in 2018. Elite achievement via Qualifying Stays is only available until December 31, 2018 and will not be continued thereafter. Participating SPG Brands include: St. Regis® Hotels, The Luxury Collection®, W® Hotels, Sheraton®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Tribute Portfolio®, Design Hotels TM, Four Points®, Aloft® Hotels and Element®. Members can earn Elite Status via Qualifying Stays under the requirements listed below:

● Gold Elite: 10 to 24 Qualifying Stays or 25 to 49 Qualifying Nights
● Platinum Elite: 25 or more Qualifying Stays or 50 to 74 Qualifying Nights

from their t&c ... interestingly no pltp or pltpa tiers ....
One could read this as saying that people with 100+ SPG only nights in 2018 (and not $20,000 spend) will have ambassador service through the remainder of 2018. For example, if you hit 100 nights in October (and didn't have an Ambassador earned the previous year), you would get Ambassador service for November and December of 2018 and probably January of 2019. I don't want to cause a panic or suggest that this is what Starriott means, but if we read the words that are written, this would be a reasonable interpretation.

Why doesn't Starriott have some extremely detail oriented person, perhaps a lawyer, who understands the program and can edit the T&Cs?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:32 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
I'd raise this one with the lurkers. I am not surprised you've been told this (I even forecasted this would be an issue), but Marriott has said several times you would get Ambassador status.
I would second this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by deac83
Would it be shocking if they just stopped typing or their IT system didn't fully load the tier information?

https://members.marriott.com/faq/#wh...old-to-qualify

They've put it in writing in other places. If you are stupid enough to change the program in the middle of the year, you would have to be a real piece of work to change the annual qualification levels for the legacy members.
I do remember these on FAQ page thats why I'm quite surprised its not on the T&C

Unless what they mean is if someone get their ambassador prior to 18/8 merger, then they will keep it, after 18/8 then you must qualify with 100+20k.
But then if they do mean this, its very different than what they saying all this time.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:38 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Oh dear. For the love of all that is obvious, please stop fearmongering on something that is beyond established. There is something to understanding the obviously established spirit of the terms/benefits and trusting that those are what Marriott (and SPG before that) intend.

One can achieve Ambassador status by staying combined Marriott & SPG hotels for 100 nights with $20K spend....OR by staying SPG only hotels 100 nights without any spend requirement. The latter option is a legacy SPG opportunity and is only possible to qualify for 2019. From this point forward as of Jan 1, 2019, the only way to achieve Ambassador status is the former option. (Or if Marriott graces you to that status.)

Marriott IT sucks. We all know this. So it should surprise no one that there are some locations where Marriott IT hasn’t been updated.properly. Not unlike the not properly functioning IT all-around. Come on, already,

Literalists and orginalists who need to see every specific detail in every specific location and who freak out and prognosticate the end of the world whenever those details aren’t perfectly spelled out in every possible way for every possible scenario that satisfies only their own needs: please stop. You’re creating needless melodrama for no good reason. This is the same foolish reason we have stupid warnings telling us not to put our fingers in electrical sockets.
Leisuremiles and 4getofn like this.

Last edited by bhrubin; Jan 2, 2019 at 10:50 am
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
I thought FT was created for these fearmongering?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:35 pm

Programs: Avis Trump. Costco Exec. SPG PLAT PREM-90. WN A+/CP. AA SLV. Nat EE..
Originally Posted by deac83
Before Marriott even knew what an Ambassador was, it generally took a couple of weeks to get one assigned. When I first made the level in 2014 I pushed to get the status before a big vacation and had to make a few calls since it was not an immediate thing.

And as I've mentioned before not all Ambassadors are equal, some clearly love their jobs and taking care of us, for others we are an after thought. Just remember even if you have an assigned Ambassador you can always call the generic Ambassador number and they will help you, I've gotten some great help when I had to call outside of my Ambassador's normal working hours.
Thanks. I guess that I’m now in the club I will see how it all shakes out but was thinking getting a basic profile set would be beneficial. I have the generic AMB email. Is there a generic AMB phone number? I’m still trying to figure out the your24 as everytime I’ve wanted it it was within. 24 hours of utilization so a generic email seems less ideal for me.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by ucfjoe
Thanks. I guess that I’m now in the club I will see how it all shakes out but was thinking getting a basic profile set would be beneficial. I have the generic AMB email. Is there a generic AMB phone number? I’m still trying to figure out the your24 as everytime I’ve wanted it it was within. 24 hours of utilization so a generic email seems less ideal for me.
I sent you a private message with the ambassador desk telephone number. You should call and ask for your ambassador.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:22 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Are the phone lines down? I can't reach an ambassador and have a time-sensitive issue. Calling mine and zero on voicemail leads to the usual annoying data breach message and recorded call warning followed by an operator error saying "the call cannot be completed in the country you have dialed. " Wonder if there's an issue with one of the Chinese or Indian call centers.

@hockeyinsider would love to see if your general desk number brings me any luck. Mind sharing by PM?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:31 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by helvetic
followed by an operator error saying "the call cannot be completed in the country you have dialed. " Wonder if there's an issue with one of the Chinese or Indian call centers.
I am frequently getting this issue, but not always. So I am not sure what is causing this because it's not regular or predictable.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 4:50 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by helvetic
Are the phone lines down? I can't reach an ambassador and have a time-sensitive issue. Calling mine and zero on voicemail leads to the usual annoying data breach message and recorded call warning followed by an operator error saying "the call cannot be completed in the country you have dialed. " Wonder if there's an issue with one of the Chinese or Indian call centers.

@hockeyinsider would love to see if your general desk number brings me any luck. Mind sharing by PM?
Originally Posted by escape4
I am frequently getting this issue, but not always. So I am not sure what is causing this because it's not regular or predictable.
I've called the ambassador desk using the North American 1-800 number from Canada, the United States, France, Sweden and the United Kingdom with no problems. When traveling abroad, I have wifi-enabled calling setup on my mobile phone. It works very well. I've even secretly used it aboard Delta before when I needed to speak with the diamond desk.

With that said, a couple of times calling it late at night (East Coast time), the ambassador line has failed to connect me to an open ambassador desk. I'll hear a North American ring then get transferred to what sounds like a European ring before it disconnects or gives me sort sort of error. I mentioned it to my ambassador and she said she opened a ticket on it. It sounds like some sort of transfer error, but I know nothing about telecommunications.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 6:50 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
I've called the ambassador desk using the North American 1-800 number from Canada, the United States, France, Sweden and the United Kingdom with no problems.
Thanks, I would love the 1-800 number by PM as well then. The only number I have is my ambassador's number which is supposed to redirect me somewhere else off hours, but it fails too often...
Old Jan 3, 2019, 7:03 am

PPE+Ambassador - status does not belong

I do remember these on FAQ page thats why I'm quite surprised its not on the T&C

Unless what they mean is if someone get their ambassador prior to 18/8 merger, then they will keep it, after 18/8 then you must qualify with 100+20k.
But then if they do mean this, its very different than what they saying all this time.
Exactly this is problem merging date, I am now finish call to Ambassador line and spoke with one woman and she told me
- 'You will not have Ambassador status because till 18.August you had only 94 nights, 6 needed nights you make after this date and you need more than 20K USD turnover on your account in this case'

Any Lurker is still here that explain who have right, becouse they wrote here that members which make 100nights in SPG hotels till end of 2018 will have Ambassador status and this same is on Marriott web page but reality is totaly different.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.