Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2019, 5:55 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@newbiztraveler I might recommend you confirm you’re using the correct email addresses and that your emails actually are being sent out of your inbox.

A bad and non responsive Ambassador is certainly a possibility, but I’ve never not had a response within a day or two when emailing the Ambassador Service email listed above.

If that doesn’t work, send a private message here on FlyerTalk to one of the Marriott Bonvoy Lurkers. Ask for a phone number or ask for an Ambassador manager to contact you about a new Ambassador.

Last edited by bhrubin; May 23, 2019 at 6:15 pm
Old May 23, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
I emailed the general Ambassador line Sunday morning and had assistance response 90 minutes later. I find the general line much more responsive than my assigned Ambassador.

Usually it takes her 24 hours to respond, and the help is not personal. For example, the email on Sunday morning included her direct email as well as the general Ambassador email. She hasn’t bothered to follow up to see if everything is okay or to ask if she can do anything else since I mentioned this was a vacation versus normal business trip. Resort’s Elite Coordinator has reached out to acknowledge my arrival so waiting to see what happens.
Old May 23, 2019, 9:46 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Why dont you guys just call if you need something done?

My ambassador called me at least 20X last week (different time zone) coz she had a "surprise" for me regarding if i wanted to be part of...

Excited! 😊
Old May 24, 2019, 6:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by supatight80
Why dont you guys just call if you need something done?

My ambassador called me at least 20X last week (different time zone) coz she had a "surprise" for me regarding if i wanted to be part of...

Excited! 😊
Please tell us.....
Old May 24, 2019, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Apparently the understanding of the Your24 program is also quite variable...I asked for a 7am / 10am on a couple different reservations in the past week, both times I got "we'll put in for an early 12pm request for you!"

Yeah....
Old May 24, 2019, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Apparently the understanding of the Your24 program is also quite variable...I asked for a 7am / 10am on a couple different reservations in the past week, both times I got "we'll put in for an early 12pm request for you!"

Yeah....
maybe if you were a real ambassador and not a “Marriott made an IT boo boo again and again and Marriott IT sucks so that is why I have Ambassador level by mistake”, the ambassador benefits may work .
DJ_Iceman likes this.
Old May 24, 2019, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I frankly feel sorry for any of you suckers continuing to spend $20K annually with this sorry excuse of a hotel chain and getting such abysmal levels of (non-) service, save for BHR and a couple other lucky ones. It frankly is embarrassing that Marriott thinks this is acceptable; I actually see it aligning with my theory that they are trying go cancel the program (isn't in the Marriott DNA, which is more about point redemption than high-touch service).

Good article from VFTW that I didn't see posted here previously:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea...ites/#comments

Some of the comments are both amazing and telling
Old May 24, 2019, 10:43 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by supatight80
Excited! 😊
Raising my hand. What is it, and can I take part as well?
Old May 24, 2019, 10:44 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
If the issue is just overcrowding at Amb level due to 100 nighters (ex SPG) can get ambassador without 20k spending then the issue will be gone next year.

But I think the issue is way more than that.
The quality of ambassador is varies too greatly. At least according to FT posts.
And also the execution of the request is varies as well at property level.
Some property proactively welcoming ambassador members, some do nothing

Even when the number evens out in 2020 (all ambassador members are the 100 night + 20k spends), the service will still face those two issues.

And for the tier itself, I really think the incremental benefit of amb tier really weak for the added qualifying requirements over titaniums.
Most of the benefits are comes with if available tags ... never guaranteed (like Your24)
Old May 25, 2019, 12:58 am

Originally Posted by kaizen7
And for the tier itself, I really think the incremental benefit of amb tier really weak for the added qualifying requirements over titaniums.
I know your personal suite upgrade success has not been great, but if you take into consideration the overall ambassador community and the overall titanium community on FT based what they report in various threads, do you not believe that as a whole and on average, Ambassadors are more successful on suite upgrades, possibly far more successful? I personally think that if I was Titanium my upgrades would not be nearly as good and I get thousands $$ of value out of Amb status from that alone. Unfortunately I cannot prove it. But I am quite sure there are large number of hotels (admittedly, most likely not all of them) who prioritize Ambassadors for room upgrades, regardless how small or how generous those upgrades are.

I also think the situation will get even better starting in 2020 with a reduced number of Ambassador guests.
damon88 and bhrubin like this.
Old May 25, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
It still based on availability
and plenty of properties gaming or being dishonest with these.

50 and 75 nights got their platinum and titanium benefit + the 50 and 75 choices.

Yet 100 ambassador with $20k spending have ambassador which some are varies in responsiveness, your24 which is not guaranteed ... and pretty much upgrade privilege similar as titaniums.
Marriott might want introduce 100 night choice for these ambassadors

Old May 25, 2019, 2:58 am

... and pretty much upgrade privilege similar as titaniums.

I think this is where our opinion differs. Yes same privilege on paper, I agree. But in practice who has priority? At worse some hotels will not prioritize Plat/Titanium/Amb at all, and at best a hotel will upgrade Ambs ahead of Titanium every single opportunity they have. You seem to argue that the former is rampant, while I think the latter is quite material and possibly growing.
bhrubin likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:19 am

I really hope you are correct.

I do have very good elite recognition on my last stay at a Courtyard. All benefits are offered proactively and I do get a suite upgrade (finally! ) to 1 cat below presidential suite.

Next month, I will have plenty of stays scheduled and will update on how the recognitions are.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:35 am

I do have very good elite recognition on my last stay at a Courtyard. All benefits are offered proactively and I do get a suite upgrade (finally! ) to 1 cat below presidential suite.
It's better than nothing I guess, but for your sake I hope you will get suite upgrades at brands a bit better than CY
kaizen7 likes this.
Old May 25, 2019, 9:14 am

Asian CY tends to be better than their counterpart in US I believe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.