Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 11:17 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Safti
No kidding? Is it a secret bonus because it's not written down anywhere. How does one find out about it? Must you use it on a 60K per night category room or can us use it on a 50K per night room? Where can I locate this secret?
was discussed here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...promotion.html

by the way, what happened to @hockeyinsider ? he is suspended? i have not found anything reprehensible in his posts, maybe something was deleted? i might not have always agreed with his opinion, but nonetheless i valued his contributions on FT; he is the one who first brought this free night point award refund issue on FT in the link above.
Old Jun 1, 2019, 5:28 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Is anyone else having any issues with the Ambassador email again? My Ambassador hasn’t replied to the last couple of issues i’ve raised with him, but I heard back from a property that he did arrange the Your24 I asked for, so something is getting through...
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:52 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
My wonderful Ambassador came through for me again today. First, correcting my points for a recent award stay within 5 minutes of my email inquiry and then by surprising me with a creative use of my free night certificates.

A few weeks ago I had called her to inquire if she could help me use my free night certificates for upgraded stays if I was willing to pay an upgrade charge. She promised me she would look into it.

Today she called and said she had been reviewing my upcoming reservations. There was one, she explained, a 3 night award stay at Palacio del Inka, that she could apply my certificates to on the backend without changing my reservation. This was important since she had already negotiated a wonderful suite upgrade for us. I just received the confirmation now and my certificates have been applied and my points refunded and our suite is confirmed.

When I reached Ambassador for the first time last year I assumed it would be a one year status. Then I was so impressed I decided to go for it this year (on track to hit by October) . And now I am wondering if it might be something I go for again next year.
bhrubin, escape4, audrocks and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:53 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
@damon88 I think I may have told you so...because I adore you so.

I’m delighted to see so many other Ambassador experiences starting to mirror my own.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
FYI - the email issues are back, at least for my Ambassador. ~50% of emails are going missing at the moment.

It really is like I have this great ally in the Marriott organisation, but they’ve locked him in a dark room with no connectivity.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Interesting. I have noticed that the general emails do go unnoticed (I only resort to that when my ambassador is out of the office). My emails to her get answered with no problem.

Perhaps the general inbox is overwhelmed?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:05 am

After an email exchange with my Ambassador about how email wasn't working reliably I received a survey by email to ask me whether I would recommend Marriott on the basis of the email contact I recently had with them. Dilbert is nothing compared to Marriott corporate.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 4:31 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Just checked and was pleased to see I’ve already been pre-upgraded to a One Bedroom Executive Suite for my return stay at the RC Georgetown for the coming weekend.

I’d say my Ambassador status makes quite a difference. Wouldn’t you?

So much for needing SNAs when Ritz-Carlton treats an Ambassador guest right, anyway.

So my suite upgrade tally for only Ritz-Carlton in the USA in 2019:

RC Coconut Grove: pre-upgraded to Partial Water View One Bedroom Suite
RC Washington: pre-upgraded to best category Premium room...almost sold out property
RC Boston: arrived and upgraded to Executive One Bedroom Suite...sold out property
RC Georgetown: booked Executive Suite, no upgrade..sold out property
RC Chicago: booked Executive Suite, upgraded to Gold Coast One Bedroom Suite...almost sold out property
RC Bacara Santa Barbara: pre-upgraded to Garden View One Bedroom Suite, later upgraded to Oceanview One Bedroom Suite...sold out property
RC Half Moon Bay: pre-upgraded to Ocean House Firepit One Bedroom Suite, almost sold out property
RC Georgetown (upcoming): pre-upgraded to Executive One Bedroom Suite, property seems close to sold out
RC Boston (upcoming): booked in entry level room...so time will tell

I do believe my Ambassador status and/or my Ambassador has made a bit of an impact.
So those formerly upcoming RC stays were both this week—and both saw me upgraded to suites. I’m 2/2 again.

RC Georgetown: upgraded to the specialty Ritz-Carlton Suite as previously noted, the 2nd biggest suite in the 86 room hotel.

RC Boston (here now): upgraded to an Executive Suite, though I was offered a larger Luxury Suite, I prefer the Executive Suite when traveling alone (it gets colder easier IME).

On top of those, I also was 4/4 on suite upgrades otherwise this week:

Le Meridien Arlington: booked entry level room, pre-upgraded to my preferred Executive Suite (it has 2 HVAC so it gets super cold)
Marriott Baltimore Inner Harbor Camden Yards: booked entry level room, upgraded to Hospitality Suite, but front desk bungled it so I took a junior suite instead.
Four Points Midtown NYC Times Square: booked entry level room, pre-upgraded Penthouse Suite as usual
Courtyard New Haven at Yale: booked entry level room, pre-upgraded to suite as usual.
damon88, escape4, txpenny and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Are you regular guests for those properties?
And how long is the stay?
I tend to think that longer stays usually will get very basic room upgrades as its not "profitable" for the property to lock their suite from potential paid guests for long period of time.

And for my stays :
JW Marriott Singapore - 2 nights stay - first time at the property
Booked : Studio room (1 cat above basic room)
Received : Premier Marina Bay Suite (from SNA)

Sheraton Melbourne - 2 nights stay - first time
Booked : Superior room (1 cat above basic room)
Received : Executive Terrace Suite (from SNA)

Westin Sydney - 7 nights stays - first timer
Booked : Tower Superior (their base room)
Received : Tower Premium (1 category above basic room on Executive floor)

Future stays :
Sheraton Melbourne (again) - 12 nights stay
St Regis Singapore - 3 nights stay
RC Mega Kuningan Jakarta - 3 nights stay
Old Jun 7, 2019, 7:07 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by kaizen7
Are you regular guests for those properties?
And how long is the stay?
I tend to think that longer stays usually will get very basic room upgrades as its not "profitable" for the property to lock their suite from potential paid guests for long period of time.
If there’s availability at check in for a suite upgrade, the good hotels will try to upgrade you. If you’re Ambassador elite and good customer in a hotel’s estimation, have a special occasion, and/or have a good Ambassador, the good hotels probably will try to pre-upgrade you if it’s possible and not likely to mess with very high occupancy or very high revenue events.

3 nights at RC Coconut Grove: pre-upgraded to Partial Water View One Bedroom Suite (first stay)
3 nights at RC Washington: pre-upgraded to best category Premium room...almost sold out property (first stay)
2 nights at RC Boston: arrived and upgraded to Executive One Bedroom Suite...sold out property (return guest)
2 nights at RC Georgetown: booked Executive Suite, no upgrade..sold out property (first stay)
3 nights at RC Chicago: booked Executive Suite, upgraded to Gold Coast One Bedroom Suite...almost sold out property (first stay)
5 nights at RC Bacara Santa Barbara: pre-upgraded to Garden View One Bedroom Suite, later upgraded to Oceanview One Bedroom Suite...sold out property (first stay)
2 nights at RC Half Moon Bay: pre-upgraded to Ocean House Firepit One Bedroom Suite, almost sold out property (first stay)
3 nights at RC Georgetown: pre-upgraded to Executive One Bedroom Suite, further upgraded to Ritz-Carlton Suite property seems close to sold out (second stay)
2 nights at RC Boston: booked in entry level room, upgraded to Executive Suite (return guest)

And for my stays :
JW Marriott Singapore - 2 nights stay - first time at the property
Booked : Studio room (1 cat above basic room)
Received : Premier Marina Bay Suite (from SNA)

Sheraton Melbourne - 2 nights stay - first time
Booked : Superior room (1 cat above basic room)
Received : Executive Terrace Suite (from SNA)

Westin Sydney - 7 nights stays - first timer
Booked : Tower Superior (their base room)
Received : Tower Premium (1 category above basic room on Executive floor)

Future stays :
Sheraton Melbourne (again) - 12 nights stay
St Regis Singapore - 3 nights stay
RC Mega Kuningan Jakarta - 3 nights stay
Most of your recent stays are at hotels that don’t have many suites. That doesn’t help.

Your future stays at the StR Singapore and RC Jakarta have a better chance for suite upgrades since they have more suites.

Good luck!

Last edited by bhrubin; Jun 7, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Old Jun 8, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
For Sheraton Melbourne, I don't expect anything tbh. The stay is too long and it wont be reasonable to expect the hotel to lock out their suite from paying guests for that amount of time.

Old Jun 8, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Part of a secret promotion of Marriott... ambassador member who stay on points got 1 night points refunded (free night on Marriott)
surprise and delight i believe

I am staying at the Danieli in Venice on points. After checking in, I found a letter in my room from Mr. F saying that I was going to get 60,000 points back. Giddyup. Thanks to you guys, I deliberately avoided using points to stay at a cheap Courtyard (10K points/night) immediately prior to this!! Thanks again, FT Marriott gurus.

I am very happy with the Danieli so far, BTW. Beautiful room, good service, great location. Seems like it got some lukewarm reviews on this forum previously.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:03 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by porciuscato
I am staying at the Danieli in Venice on points. After checking in, I found a letter in my room from Mr. F saying that I was going to get 60,000 points back. Giddyup. Thanks to you guys, I deliberately avoided using points to stay at a cheap Courtyard (10K points/night) immediately prior to this!! Thanks again, FT Marriott gurus.

I am very happy with the Danieli so far, BTW. Beautiful room, good service, great location. Seems like it got some lukewarm reviews on this forum previously.
I have been wondering when someone else would report receiving this letter. Congrats!!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Seems like quite a light number of credits back based on reports here...
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:20 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Aside from a 7-night certificate, I haven't used points to stay anywhere int he promotion period. Perhaps I should try to get at least one night at one of the Cat8s in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.