Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2019, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
I quite liked the JW Marriott Dubai but totally understand how half the reviews are negative specifically calling out the elevators. They are INFURIATING, they make me want to commit unspeakable acts. Every. Single. Time. Argh, I'm getting PTSD just thinking about it.

(Otherwise great stay at a great hotel)
Agreed. I've never stayed there, but I'm always surprised how hotels consistently get such a simple, yet incredibly important design detail, completely wrong. The best I've seen was in Vegas. It was at the D. You punch in your floor number, and than it assigns you an elevator. It appears to have some issues when used at capacity, but during normal operations, it's significantly faster than sharing an elevator that stops at almost every floor.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zelucifer
Agreed. I've never stayed there, but I'm always surprised how hotels consistently get such a simple, yet incredibly important design detail, completely wrong. The best I've seen was in Vegas. It was at the D. You punch in your floor number, and than it assigns you an elevator. It appears to have some issues when used at capacity, but during normal operations, it's significantly faster than sharing an elevator that stops at almost every floor.
The Park Tower Knightsbridge in London (LC, formerly Sheraton name) has such elevators with a supposed security feature that you tap your key card to call the elevator to go up. I didn't like the system for several reasons. First, it displays your floor to everyone who is in that area of the lobby. Secondly, when you enter the elevator, someone could easily follow you and it's not so obvious because they don't punch a floor button in the elevator, nor can you tell whether additional people have requested the elevator to go to your floor as the elevator doesn't display a list of floors where it will stop. I thought the system was strange but YMMV.
Score8 likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 11:45 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Folks, there could be a lot more with ambassador status than any of us realize.

Seriously....LOL. I’m at a non Marriott resort this week, private all inclusive. Only 31 guests onsite this week. Have already met three other people who have Ambassador level with Marriott.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by Segments

Seriously....LOL. I’m at a non Marriott resort this week, private all inclusive. Only 31 guests onsite this week. Have already met three other people who have Ambassador level with Marriott.
100 nights isn't much of a threshold. 125 or 150 nights, especially now that you can't game the system with events, would be enough to thin the ranks.

$20,000 is a high threshold for people staying in flyover country and Southeast Asia, but not that high for someone who only stays at hotels in New York, Boston, San Francisco, Washington, Los Angeles, Miami, London and Paris.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:47 am

Ambassador Customer Service

I was just on the phone with the Ambassador Phone line. My company booked me a room at the Orlando Ritz Carlton not under my full name for my Marriott Rewards Number. When talking with the Ambassador Person I asked for it to be changed and my MR# to be added to my confirmation. Under the new reservation system she could not change it, and the customer service person told me they are being told they cannot call the Hotel directly to change it for me. They have been told they by management that is not part of their job description going forward.

My question for the masses. What good is it to spend over 100 nights and over 20K with Marriott going forward if they keep taking these perks away? I don't see any?
Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How soon is your stay? Perhaps the ambassador isn't supposed to call but can send an email to the hotel on your behalf. OTOH, perhaps the rule is that they cannot work with reservations made through a third party as presumably your corporate travel agent will receive a commission on your room rate.
Often1 likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Likely the case.

If this is a TA booking, the TA should be handling any changes. All it takes is a few corporate customers complaining that someone mucked with reservations they made a given way for a reason.

I am guessing that the FD will change this for OP at check in.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
Likely the case.

If this is a TA booking, the TA should be handling any changes. All it takes is a few corporate customers complaining that someone mucked with reservations they made a given way for a reason.

I am guessing that the FD will change this for OP at check in.
agreed
I believe it will be easier for OP to change the name when check in rather than have to go through ambassador
Old Jan 7, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by t5campbell
I was just on the phone with the Ambassador Phone line. My company booked me a room at the Orlando Ritz Carlton
Was this an individual booking or part of a meeting/ conference? Your company may have booked via the property’s sales office. I’ve found these can’t be touched by anyone but the sales office (until check in) and they will often only make changes as directed by the event planner from my company due to contract details.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Gold), United 1K
Started out promising with my first ambassador, but now that I'm onto my second one... my last three emails over the last 6 weeks have gone without a response. Color me impressed.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Dupe ... oops!!
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Segments

Was this an individual booking or part of a meeting/ conference? Your company may have booked via the property’s sales office. I’ve found these can’t be touched by anyone but the sales office (until check in) and they will often only make changes as directed by the event planner from my company due to contract details.
Which could also explain the "I can't get involved" line as well. Group bookings are done at the property level and the Orlando RC probably has a ton of those. And ... since I travel way more than a couple of people at the top, the last thing I want is to get upgraded to a great suite at a company meeting.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The Park Tower Knightsbridge in London (LC, formerly Sheraton name) has such elevators with a supposed security feature that you tap your key card to call the elevator to go up. I didn't like the system for several reasons. First, it displays your floor to everyone who is in that area of the lobby. Secondly, when you enter the elevator, someone could easily follow you and it's not so obvious because they don't punch a floor button in the elevator, nor can you tell whether additional people have requested the elevator to go to your floor as the elevator doesn't display a list of floors where it will stop. I thought the system was strange but YMMV.
These are becoming increasingly common. I suppose there are the flaws you mention but I'll take those over longer waits (of course it only means shorter waits in old builds.. new builds will consider the capacity increase and just use it to save cost).

To an extent, the same flaws you mention exist in old school elevators as well (the only new flaw being an earlier notification of floor - as opposed to having to get in with you to see).
Old Jan 7, 2019, 10:12 am
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by t5campbell
I was just on the phone with the Ambassador Phone line. My company booked me a room at the Orlando Ritz Carlton not under my full name for my Marriott Rewards Number. When talking with the Ambassador Person I asked for it to be changed and my MR# to be added to my confirmation. Under the new reservation system she could not change it, and the customer service person told me they are being told they cannot call the Hotel directly to change it for me. They have been told they by management that is not part of their job description going forward.

My question for the masses. What good is it to spend over 100 nights and over 20K with Marriott going forward if they keep taking these perks away? I don't see any?
My husband made the same mistake when booking a hotel (Burbank Airport Hotel) in a week for us, using his account and name instead of mine. My Ambassador was unable to change the name or account number for the booking, though she was able to add my name. I called the hotel front desk, which at least was able to add my account number—but it still shows up on my husband’s account and not mine. We hope to fix this on check in.

This issue is clearly a stupidity associated with the Marriott booking engine and Marriott policy, yet another in a long line of IT and policy fails for Marriott. It has nothing to do with our Ambassadors, however.

In 19 years of elite status with both Marriott and SPG, I think this is only the 5th time something like this has occurred. So I’m not going to get too worked up over it.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Do you manage to get it changed on the other 4 occassion?

I wonder if the reason is similar to why you cant easily change name on airline ticket (at least in Asia/Australia not sure other countries)
To prevent people hoarding ticket on very busy period and resell them (through black market) at higher price and then change the name on the ticket to buyers name.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.