Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: HHQX888
Ambassador Service general email address: [email protected]

Ambassador Service general phone line (USA): (866) 924-9885

Europe: +353-21-4861 222
USA: +1-866-924-9885
Asia : +86-20-38157156

Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy ‘Ambassador Elite’ Level : experiences (2020 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 5:42 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
I feel the OP's pain. My ambassador is absolutely worthless. IF she responds to me communications (and that's a big if) she has taken up to seven (7) days to respond.
Mind sharing your ambassador's location?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond and MM, UA 1K, Marriott LTT
Originally Posted by SOBE ER DOC
Personally, I find it insulting that Marriott offers this benefit and then allows it to add absolutely not value. As a result of the Ambassador's poor service I have actually routed business away from Marriott and to Hilton.
After averaging over 240 stays per year or the last 3 years, I have not stayed at Marriott since being assigned an Ambassador. I'm offended that Marriott thought this would be a benefit to customers that have demonstrated they know how to manage their travel extremely well.

Maybe Marriott should offer it to non status customers. They may find it helpful I do not.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mrboom
After averaging over 240 stays per year or the last 3 years, I have not stayed at Marriott since being assigned an Ambassador. I'm offended that Marriott thought this would be a benefit to customers that have demonstrated they know how to manage their travel extremely well.

Maybe Marriott should offer it to non status customers. They may find it helpful I do not.
I know how to manage my travel extremely well...but the Ambassador service still has been a nice complement to it the past 6 years for me.

Best benefit at the moment is actually having a dedicated person to help you wade through all this BS Marriott is throwing out now (either by intention or by ignorance or by mistake).
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I know how to manage my travel extremely well...but the Ambassador service still has been a nice complement to it the past 6 years for me.

Best benefit at the moment is actually having a dedicated person to help you wade through all this BS Marriott is throwing out now (either by intention or by ignorance or by mistake).
I could see that being a benefit if the Ambassador was responsive and timely. Mine was not. I could also understand that if the Ambassador could offer solutions to issues I encounter. Mine was unable.
TerryK and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador

? are you 5 years old? The Ambassador isn't supposed to hold your hand and tell you how great you are... they are supposed to give you a single point of contact instead of the normal CS carousel. Sure maybe they've done a poor job, my ambassador hasn't replied to my most recent email to her in over a week, but if my issue was time critical I would use other methods. Faux outrage over the small things is silly. You don't want an ambassador? don't reach out to them... hilarious.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by davidsc111
? are you 5 years old? The Ambassador isn't supposed to hold your hand and tell you how great you are... they are supposed to give you a single point of contact instead of the normal CS carousel. Sure maybe they've done a poor job, my ambassador hasn't replied to my most recent email to her in over a week, but if my issue was time critical I would use other methods. Faux outrage over the small things is silly. You don't want an ambassador? don't reach out to them... hilarious.
I also don't want them meddling in my reservations. I never asked to have my hand held or any other such ridiculousness. I simply asked them to resolve an issue that no one else at Marriott could resolve because my account was assigned and entrusted to my Ambassador by Marriott.

Every week, after receiving no resolve or reply from my Ambassador, I called and emailed Marriott trying to find some one else to resolve my issue. Again, no one else could since it was assigned to an Ambassador that was incapable of producing results.

Every time I called, Marriott would ask if I had tried to resolve the issue with my Ambassador. I replied yes and that they have produced no results. That is why I called you.

Marriott gives the Ambassador program too much authority over our accounts. So much, that it prevents standard Marriott customer service from being able to assist with non standard issues.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by davidsc111
It is marketed as a single point of contact to resolve issues, but I can assure you that the Ambassador team is not equipped to do anything except make, change, and cancel reservations; reach out to properties in advance to put you in touch with those teams; and apply SNAs. They cannot help with your account, they cannot make your Choice Benefit, and they cannot follow up on system/point issues on your behalf. Frankly, the Lurker team here is much better equipped to handle issues than the Ambassadors, in my experience.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by CLEguy
[...]and they cannot follow up on system/point issues on your behalf.
I'm sorry, but that's simply not correct. I've reached out to my Ambassador at least twice, and she's been able to resolve missing stay/points/nights issues for me.

-mvitale
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by mvitale
I'm sorry, but that's simply not correct. I've reached out to my Ambassador at least twice, and she's been able to resolve missing stay/points/nights issues for me.

-mvitale
My Ambassador experience (when I had one) was closer to the "useless" end of the spectrum, so maybe that's it.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
I called into the ambassador desk this morning.

Of course, it didn't recognize my phone. So I had to go through the process of providing my number and confirming my ID to the on-duty ambassador who answered.

After four unanswered emails and two unreturned phone calls I have had it with the ambassador assigned to me. I asked for a new ambassador to be assigned. The on-duty ambassador said she would file my request and I would be contacted by a supervisor within 48 hours. Ugh.

Last edited by hockeyinsider; Nov 6, 2018 at 8:15 am
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:05 am

Ambassador program is useless. I had one when the program was soft launched back in 2011, he was a friendly but utterly useless and, yes, always trying to do my reservations on my behalf, except he would always quote me expensive rates. I have since been going out of my way not to reach 100 nights so as to not be assigned an ambassador.

This year I reached PPA in early september and have yet to be contacted by anyone from the program and have no expectations regarding it. Would happily trade my membership for another free night cert.

However, some people here on FT will share fairy tale stories of how ambassadors managed to make the sun shine and the birds sing, and put a rainbow on their suite’s balcony.
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Titanium, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire, United Premier Silver
Same same. Ambassador does not return calls and when I ask for something as simple as posting points from a stay a month prior which did not post, get a "we're working on it" reply with no results for over a week. Is it really that hard? I sent the folios over myself. When I emailed to inquire on the status, learned the Ambassador was gone for that whole week. So I just called in to ask another Ambassador to help. When that Ambassador asked why my Ambassador was not doing it, I told them that my Ambassador was out and was supposed to be working on it but to be honest, it seemed as if my Ambassador had little knowledge how to accomplish a lot of things as my Ambassador was literally just directing me to the "contact us" part of the Marriott website to send over issues with accounts, etc. instead of handling these things herself. I was offered to be reassigned to a new Ambassador and took it. I received a welcome email from my new Ambassador within the week. I have not yet reached out to him, but was impressed how easy it was to get a new Ambassador. Let's see if things get any better.

There was one really terrific Ambassador - Samuel - who all the Ambassadors seem to know - but he left Marriott just after the merger!

ADD: It turns out that Marriott had Ambassador Coordinators which provide support for the Ambassador program, but those positions were eliminated in the merger. . . which, I think, is the cause of the result we are all seeing. I have no idea why Marriott would do this.

Last edited by sinfonia; Nov 13, 2018 at 7:01 pm
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by MePlatPremier

Ambassador program is useless. I had one when the program was soft launched back in 2011, he was a friendly but utterly useless and, yes, always trying to do my reservations on my behalf, except he would always quote me expensive rates. I have since been going out of my way not to reach 100 nights so as to not be assigned an ambassador.

This year I reached PPA in early september and have yet to be contacted by anyone from the program and have no expectations regarding it. Would happily trade my membership for another free night cert.

However, some people here on FT will share fairy tale stories of how ambassadors managed to make the sun shine and the birds sing, and put a rainbow on their suite’s balcony.
Ambassador service is a very personal experience and everyone will have different expectations, unfortunately on both sides. I'm sure there are many "ambassadors" that are only thinking of the title and possible pay raise but don't want to be considered useful just like there are members that just want to turn everything over to someone else and enjoy the trip. MR is getting to be more of a copycat so simple comparisons keep them in play (I still think back to that cash & points fiasco). I consider this environment to be full of "tree huggers" and no one wants to step out in the light and be creative, has everything finally be invented?
Old Nov 6, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Based on the area code, Kansas.
Don't be fooled by area codes these days. At best that might indicate the office they are being assigned to but many of these positions are work-at-home assignments and they have a VoIP phone with their assigned number and can be anywhere in the world. I have six different area codes I use and none of them are where I am located!
Old Nov 6, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: UA: Platinum, Marriott: Platinum
My Ambassador experience has been nothing but positive, but perhaps that stems from my limited expectations. It's a service I don't need or utilize for the vast majority of my needs with Marriott. But the two or three times a year when I do want to take advantage of having an Ambassador, the results have been excellent.

A current example: My wife and I are spending the upcoming long weekend at Wentworth by the Sea up in New Hampshire. When trying to book a reservation with points, only rooms with two beds were available. After five minutes on the phone with my Ambassador, we had a confirmed suite with view of the water and a fireplace. That alone justified the utility of the Ambassador for the entire year.
damon88, MSPeconomist and bhrubin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.