Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Tokyo EDITION Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Tokyo EDITION Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by FoodRanger
Another interesting thing that just happened - there was no housekeeping by the time I got back to the room at 3pm but I needed to use my laptop so I went to the lobby. They were quite apologetic but told me that I can't use the restaurant space unless I purchase drinks (which I don't want) and I should use the Starbucks downstairs. My mind is blown lol.
Sounds odd, I have used various parts of the lobby space for working except the actual restaurant and bar counter seating and all that happened was that they brought me water. I could imagine that on busy days, they'd have booking for the seating by the windows but the seating to the left and right just when coming in never seems busy anyway.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:42 am

Yes very odd. No charging ports on the right sofa area unfortunately (used mainly for people to wait while trying to check in).
Old Mar 28, 2023, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Yes very odd. No charging ports on the right sofa area unfortunately (used mainly for people to wait while trying to check in).
​​​​​​
Are there actually any charging ports in the lobby area? Don't recall using one....
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:02 am

I don't know...if there are none then how do people manage to charge their device outside of the room? lol
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't know...if there are none then how do people manage to charge their device outside of the room? lol
4 hour battery life on my laptop?
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:46 am

Same here, still weird not to have any charging ports outside of your room in a 5-star hotel with predominantly business travellers (whatever Edition wants to tell itself...its not artists staying here lol)
Old Mar 31, 2023, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Another interesting thing that just happened - there was no housekeeping by the time I got back to the room at 3pm but I needed to use my laptop so I went to the lobby. They were quite apologetic but told me that I can't use the restaurant space unless I purchase drinks (which I don't want) and I should use the Starbucks downstairs. My mind is blown lol.
Andaz will happily let you work in their lobby lounge area. Mind blowing how much this hotel is built on capital extraction and shoddy customer service.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 4:10 pm

This hotel has plenty of flaws, but I am surprised about your experience. I hope you shared with management because this is a massive service fail in two places.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
I had the exact same experience at St. Regis Osaka, only it was almost 5 pm when I returned to my room and housekeeping was still in progress. I too needed to work on my laptop and the staff was very apologetic, except they made the effort and offered to have someone go to my room to fetch my laptop and set me up at a table in the bar and provided me a free drink too. While I waited, they twice provided updates on housekeeping's progress. Afterward, when housekeeping was finished, a young lady brought a tray of chocolates to my room and deeply apologized for the trouble they caused me. I really appreciated the effort they made and their ability to see things from the guest's point of view. Not sure I'd want to stay at Edition based on your experience.
EuropeanPete likes this.

Last edited by Nagasaki Joe; Apr 1, 2023 at 9:09 pm
Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:10 am

Upcoming Trip

Will be in Edition Tokyo end of September first week of October, any tips / tricks to score an upgrade? (Titanium).

ie: is it worth it to book the premier larger guest room over the smaller one for a chance at a suite upgrade?
Old Sep 10, 2023, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kromix
Will be in Edition Tokyo end of September first week of October, any tips / tricks to score an upgrade? (Titanium).

ie: is it worth it to book the premier larger guest room over the smaller one for a chance at a suite upgrade?
Be a repeat guest is probably the best approach. Of course not going to help on stay one.
Old Sep 25, 2023, 10:33 am

Does anyone have the concierge email handy? I submitted a message on the concierge landing page a couple days ago, but no response yet. Hoping to make some dinner reservations. Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 25, 2023, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by cterrier
Does anyone have the concierge email handy? I submitted a message on the concierge landing page a couple days ago, but no response yet. Hoping to make some dinner reservations. Thanks in advance!
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by cterrier
These are the emails I've been using during and before my stay:

General Email: [email protected]
Conceirge: [email protected]
Old Jan 17, 2024, 5:55 am

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Thumbs up Would recommend

We just stayed at this property twice over the last week. Once for three nights and once for one night. I was a little hesitant to book it due to all of the negative comments, but honestly this was one of the better hotel stays I have had in the last couple of years and would return in a heartbeat. It was a good use of points, especially factoring in the room rate.

Some notes:
  • The hotel feels a little more intimate than the Andaz. Whereas the Andaz feels grand, this feels like a much smaller property (but not in a bad way).
  • I thought the service here was fantastic. Everyone would greet us when we returned to the property, including the people at the door, hostesses at the Lobby Bar, the concierges and the front desk team. When I was in the gym someone would come in every 15 minutes to fix the water, towels, etc. Every person we interacted with was absolutely lovely.
  • From a Titanium perspective we were able to check-in early and check-out at 4pm. I don't think the room was upgraded, but it was a generous size and much larger than the Edition rooms in London and New York. We didn't have a Tokyo Tower view, but the view was still incredible.
  • All the F&B we had was fantastic. We had dinner/drinks at the Lobby Bar and also went to the Gold Bar for drinks one evening. They also have a promo right now on the dedicated sites for the Gold Bar, Jade Room, etc. If you sign up for their email newsletter you can get a code to save 20% on hotel dining.
  • The gym is decent, although if I was to nitpick they should have better treadmills and the pool at the Andaz is much, much nicer.
I get that the Edition brand is polarizing. If free breakfast is important to you, don't stay here (unless it is a paid rate, then book through Marriott STARS). If you want a buzzy/lively hotel with great service, I think this is a fantastic option.
Singapore_Air and CPH-Flyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.