Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Tokyo EDITION Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Tokyo EDITION Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's the long hallway with all the wood?

Tokyo Tower looks much farther away than from the Andaz. In their tower view rooms, the tower seems to take up the entire view from the window and is especially dramatic when the lights are on at night.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's the long hallway with all the wood?

Tokyo Tower looks much farther away than from the Andaz. In their tower view rooms, the tower seems to take up the entire view from the window and is especially dramatic when the lights are on at night.
The hallway is the corridor from the reception to the guest room elevators, gym, pool, spa, and lobby level rooms (the terrace rooms)

Tokyo Tower is closer to Edition than it is to the Andaz, these pictures are taken either from the open air space of the yet to open restaurant, or from the bar windows. It is probably more a matter of framing of the picture.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:40 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Excellent photos, thanks for sharing! The hotel has a nice understated elegance that comes across. I love the outdoor terrace restaurant with views of Tokyo Bay and Tower, and your room balcony is awesome. Definitely not a fan of the green upholstery, which makes me feel queasy. It looks worth a stay, but probably on points for me.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Reminded me that I did not include pictures from The Blue Room apart from breakfast items.

TGLoyalty likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 3:35 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Just booked this for June through my luxury travel advisor. Will report back if BA or Japan don’t take an axe to my plans.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 2:11 pm

No updates on this hotel for 6 months. Any recent stays/impressions to share?
WasKnown likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ignutzz
No updates on this hotel for 6 months. Any recent stays/impressions to share?
There are not too many local people writing in the forum and foreigners basically can't enter Japan at the moment.

I have stayed here another 3 times since the first stay. The hotel is quite busy on weekends, Tokyo people on staycation, and also seems to have built quite a business on the afternoon tea.

I have tried 3 different suite types by now, and all were great. I have yet to see a standard room, which was poked for stays 2 to 4. The one thing that is a miss in the layout of the hotel, is that the pool area is too small, creating a waiting time for access on weekends.

Initially they only used the Blue Room for breakfast, though on the last stay they used both lobby level restaurants to have more space. Sadly not the outdoor seating, for lunch and dinner only the Blue Room and the lobby bar is operating.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 4:32 pm

Any recent reports? Thank you.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Any recent reports? Thank you.
The Jade Room and the Goldbar are now open. So the hotel is fully operating. Otherwise no big changes.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:56 am

AMEX FHR

Has anyone availed of this? While browsing FHR options, this had a special offer included "in addition" to the regular benefits. Sounds like it's $200 in property credits total?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jchu7

Has anyone availed of this? While browsing FHR options, this had a special offer included "in addition" to the regular benefits. Sounds like it's $200 in property credits total?
You should also check Marriott Stars rates, they are usually quite good.

I would say it can be read both ways, 100 USD total credit, but also a sum of 2 times 100 USD.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The Jade Room and the Goldbar are now open. So the hotel is fully operating. Otherwise no big changes.
Thanks. I think the concept of having a terrace has sold me on trying this later this week.

I booked the terrace studio but will see about the premier suite with terrace also.

I do wish all hotels would standardize posting room floor plans like FS and MO do.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:46 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jchu7

Prince Gallery has one for $150 on 2nts, and the text has the language for both the standard $100 credit and the $150 bonus. It also says in addition so yes it should be $200. It wouldn't make sense for it to be listed on the promotions page otherwise.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Thanks. I think the concept of having a terrace has sold me on trying this later this week.

I booked the terrace studio but will see about the premier suite with terrace also.

I do wish all hotels would standardize posting room floor plans like FS and MO do.
​​​​​​
The terrace studio is very nice, they are not all equal in size, unless they since opening have broken it down in to more categories. I have followed the rooms that carefully.
MattEvan likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 11:21 am

Kind of weird that an email to the concierge team has gone answered for four days, no?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.