Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:12 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by t1c
Its delayed till Jan 2018... or later..hehe
or later... Website is now updated and showing "Opening in March 2018"
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:06 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Although I loved Bali and am not particularly political, I'm keeping an eye on the Indonesian movement to outlaw extramarital, premarital and homosexual activity, which is moving towards imminent passage. This may be a hotel I never visit.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 8:40 pm
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
I have just had an email from the hotel to say they have been approved for opening by Marriott International, and their soft opening starts immediately.
Rooms are available to book on the Marriott website now and I have booked five nights at the opening offer rate detailed up thread for the end of this month.
I will report back in due course.

Nick
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Look forward to your trip report. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 5:08 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Does anyone know if this resort is on the beach or just has a beach club with beach access?
Old Mar 23, 2018, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by t1c
Does anyone know if this resort is on the beach or just has a beach club with beach access?
??? If you look at the map on the Marriott website, it is at least 2km from a beach.

We arrive in four days time, so will give an update in due course.

Nick
Old Mar 30, 2018, 1:39 am

Right! We have been here for three nights so far and I will give a full report at the end of the trip, but for now: here are a few of my first impressions.

This is our first visit to Bali in 8 years, and I remember it as being quite busy and quite chaotic. It is much, much busier and much more chaotic now though.

The chaos starts at the airport, running the gauntlet of loads of taxi drivers all flashing their ID badge and claiming to have the cheapest price. We went to the taxi official desk, which is to the right of arrivals and paid a fixed fee of 300K IDR (about $20). The ride to the hotel took about 30 minutes but didn't start well when the driver had never heard of the resort. Fortunately I had put the details in my iPhone and had printed the address and phone number. The driver rang the hotel and chatted to them for a few minutes before he was happy he knew where he was going.

Having got to the resort, I could understand his doubts - the last couple of kilometres are along very narrow and winding roads and it is clear the resort is isolated, with very little in walking distance.

The resort itself is very impressive, there is the usual Balinese security to get in and then you are deposited at a very impressive reception ares with panoramic views over to the ocean.

We were upgraded to an ocean view room, that may be classed as a mini-suite, as it has a huge living area, two TVs an area with sink, fridge, coffee machine etc. It also had a very impressive
bath room area with large bathtub and wet room shower area. It also has a large balcony area, with two chairs a table and a sun lounger.

There are several pluses for the resort, the main one being the staff. There are staff everywhere, all are friendly, helpful and eager to engage in conversation; even though English isn’t their first language. The pool area is another big plus, the infinity pool and it surroundings are ideal, there are plenty of sun beds, though when it is busy, the limited number of parasols may become an issue.

Because of the isolation, we have had breakfast and evening meals in the Clay Craft restaurant, which is something we wouldn’t normally do. Having said that, the meals and the staff are very good. The breakfast selection is as good as any Marriott I had stayed in with several stations catering for Eastern and Western tastes. The evening selection is good too. The promised Thai restaurant isn’t open yet though.

The isolation issue may resolve itself when the Beach Club opens. Speaking to staff, they hope to open the Roosterfish Club on Pandawa Beach in May. At this time a shuttle will run between the resort and the Beach Club. We were told that the whole project has been blighted by weather related delays - hence the constantly moving opening date. They have yet to open the lower pool, the ball room, the Laundry, the gift shop to name but a few.

In conclusion, if you want a luxury resort in a glorious setting, then this place takes some beating. If you want to walk to local restaurants, attractions and the beach then (at the moment) this may not be the ideal.

I am happy to answer any questions I can.

Nick
Old Mar 30, 2018, 11:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta-pm, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-PP
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Although I loved Bali and am not particularly political, I'm keeping an eye on the Indonesian movement to outlaw extramarital, premarital and homosexual activity, which is moving towards imminent passage. This may be a hotel I never visit.
What does this have to do with the hotel? Or were you just being political?
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:13 am

Programs: marriott rewards spg hyatt
More inf

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Right! We have been here for three nights so far and I will give a full report at the end of the trip, but for now: here are a few of my first impressions.

This is our first visit to Bali in 8 years, and I remember it as being quite busy and quite chaotic. It is much, much busier and much more chaotic now though.

The chaos starts at the airport, running the gauntlet of loads of taxi drivers all flashing their ID badge and claiming to have the cheapest price. We went to the taxi official desk, which is to the right of arrivals and paid a fixed fee of 300K IDR (about $20). The ride to the hotel took about 30 minutes but didn't start well when the driver had never heard of the resort. Fortunately I had put the details in my iPhone and had printed the address and phone number. The driver rang the hotel and chatted to them for a few minutes before he was happy he knew where he was going.

Having got to the resort, I could understand his doubts - the last couple of kilometres are along very narrow and winding roads and it is clear the resort is isolated, with very little in walking distance.

The resort itself is very impressive, there is the usual Balinese security to get in and then you are deposited at a very impressive reception ares with panoramic views over to the ocean.

We were upgraded to an ocean view room, that may be classed as a mini-suite, as it has a huge living area, two TVs an area with sink, fridge, coffee machine etc. It also had a very impressive
bath room area with large bathtub and wet room shower area. It also has a large balcony area, with two chairs a table and a sun lounger.

There are several pluses for the resort, the main one being the staff. There are staff everywhere, all are friendly, helpful and eager to engage in conversation; even though English isn’t their first language. The pool area is another big plus, the infinity pool and it surroundings are ideal, there are plenty of sun beds, though when it is busy, the limited number of parasols may become an issue.

Because of the isolation, we have had breakfast and evening meals in the Clay Craft restaurant, which is something we wouldn’t normally do. Having said that, the meals and the staff are very good. The breakfast selection is as good as any Marriott I had stayed in with several stations catering for Eastern and Western tastes. The evening selection is good too. The promised Thai restaurant isn’t open yet though.

The isolation issue may resolve itself when the Beach Club opens. Speaking to staff, they hope to open the Roosterfish Club on Pandawa Beach in May. At this time a shuttle will run between the resort and the Beach Club. We were told that the whole project has been blighted by weather related delays - hence the constantly moving opening date. They have yet to open the lower pool, the ball room, the Laundry, the gift shop to name but a few.

In conclusion, if you want a luxury resort in a glorious setting, then this place takes some beating. If you want to walk to local restaurants, attractions and the beach then (at the moment) this may not be the ideal.

I am happy to answer any questions I can.

Nick
hi nick. Thanks. I’d like to ask if you’d stay again and What was your final consensus. Is jimeran far as well and were there market stalls anywhere near ? Is the shuttle avail for close trips and one more ! As I’m waiting to book for the 2! Did u happen to ask and receive late checkout ! How late ? And sorry one more ! Were drivers hard to get ? Mahalo
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by wheresroxanne

hi nick. Thanks. I’d like to ask if you’d stay again and What was your final consensus. Is jimeran far as well and were there market stalls anywhere near ? Is the shuttle avail for close trips and one more ! As I’m waiting to book for the 2! Did u happen to ask and receive late checkout ! How late ? And sorry one more ! Were drivers hard to get ? Mahalo
Hi,
Yes, I probably would stay again - but not for five nights. We took a metered taxi to Jimbaran Beach, where there are lots of restaurants and a few shops. We weren't impressed with the beach at all, it is the victim of the plastic epidemic that is blighting some of our beaches and oceans - the flotsam and litter on the entire length of the beach was awful, and certainly put us off staying for any length of time. . The metered taxi was about 100,000IDR (about $15) for the 30 minute + ride in horrible traffic. I can't make any comment about the shuttle, as it isn't up and running yet, but I got the impression that it would just go to the Beach Club at Pandawa Beach, which is in the opposite direction. I was assured by staff that this beach won't have the same little / plastic problem that Jimbaran has, but I haven't been, so can't comment.
We asked for a late 4pm check out, and got it without any issue, but the hotel isn't busy at the moment.
The staff at the Navigator desk and check in couldn't be more helpful, they sorted our taxi out, and it arrived in a few minutes - they will also advise the best places to go for markets and shops I am sure.

Nick
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by nottingham nick
hi,
yes, i probably would stay again - but not for five nights. We took a metered taxi to jimbaran beach, where there are lots of restaurants and a few shops. We weren't impressed with the beach at all, it is the victim of the plastic epidemic that is blighting some of our beaches and oceans - the flotsam and litter on the entire length of the beach was awful, and certainly put us off staying for any length of time. . The metered taxi was about 100,000idr (about $15) for the 30 minute + ride in horrible traffic. I can't make any comment about the shuttle, as it isn't up and running yet, but i got the impression that it would just go to the beach club at pandawa beach, which is in the opposite direction. I was assured by staff that this beach won't have the same little / plastic problem that jimbaran has, but i haven't been, so can't comment.
We asked for a late 4pm check out, and got it without any issue, but the hotel isn't busy at the moment.
The staff at the navigator desk and check in couldn't be more helpful, they sorted our taxi out, and it arrived in a few minutes - they will also advise the best places to go for markets and shops i am sure.

Nick
​​​​​​​
Old Mar 31, 2018, 3:34 am

Thanks for that. Just wish there were a Marriott in sanur ! Mahalo
Old May 2, 2018, 12:30 pm

Property officially opened per Marriott press release (although we already had Nick's report!).

Renaissance Hotels Debuts In Indonesia With The Opening Of Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa | Marriott News Center

Excerpt:

"With stunning views of the Indian Ocean or the lush lands of the Bukit, each 207 guestrooms and suites features a private balcony, luxurious bathrooms that include freestanding tubs and artfully designed interiors that layer Ikat patterns on tiles and textiles.

Clay Craft Restaurant is the hotel’s signature three-meal restaurant that incorporates an interactive pottery school concept to its space, while Double Ikat Restaurant offers delicious authentic Indonesian cuisine with a Cooking Studio that allows guests to learn the techniques and secrets of Indonesian cookery, as taught by the Chef in the restaurant‘s open-plan kitchen.

The Pool Bar is the perfect place to grab a drink and enjoy one of the multiple pools overlooking the ocean. R Bar – located in the hotel’s lobby- offers some of Bali’s best views and an energetic evening gathering place with live music, canapés, cocktails, craft beers and fresh juices.

Additionally, the hotel also manages Roosterfish Beach Club, located near the hotel. Guests can access the beach club by complimentary shuttle. Touted as Bali’s most playful beach club, it features large beachside pools, a restaurant and a bar with fun cocktails.

Guests can enjoy the main infinity pool with views over the ocean and Balinese coastline, the saltwater pool and a separate pool for children. For guests looking to rejuvenate, the hotel’s spa offers eleven treatment rooms and a number of private relaxation areas. The Spa specializes in combining local treatments and ingredients while delivering state of the art skilled therapists. The hotels fitness centre overlooks the island of Bali with floor to ceiling windows.

Hotel website. Cat 6.

Bali, Uluwatu, Luxury Hotel Resort | Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa
Old May 2, 2018, 12:34 pm

Old May 7, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by UASPG
Dear Hotel Management,

In case you check the posts on FlyerTalk, isn't time for an update on your opening date and access to booking?

Looking forward for some information.
Opening date of new property is quite tricky. The owner definitely want to open ASAP. But Marriott (or any other brand) will definitely do some check/audit to make sure everything is on compliance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.