FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:43 am
Nottingham Nick
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by wheresroxanne

hi nick. Thanks. I’d like to ask if you’d stay again and What was your final consensus. Is jimeran far as well and were there market stalls anywhere near ? Is the shuttle avail for close trips and one more ! As I’m waiting to book for the 2! Did u happen to ask and receive late checkout ! How late ? And sorry one more ! Were drivers hard to get ? Mahalo
Hi,
Yes, I probably would stay again - but not for five nights. We took a metered taxi to Jimbaran Beach, where there are lots of restaurants and a few shops. We weren't impressed with the beach at all, it is the victim of the plastic epidemic that is blighting some of our beaches and oceans - the flotsam and litter on the entire length of the beach was awful, and certainly put us off staying for any length of time. . The metered taxi was about 100,000IDR (about $15) for the 30 minute + ride in horrible traffic. I can't make any comment about the shuttle, as it isn't up and running yet, but I got the impression that it would just go to the Beach Club at Pandawa Beach, which is in the opposite direction. I was assured by staff that this beach won't have the same little / plastic problem that Jimbaran has, but I haven't been, so can't comment.
We asked for a late 4pm check out, and got it without any issue, but the hotel isn't busy at the moment.
The staff at the Navigator desk and check in couldn't be more helpful, they sorted our taxi out, and it arrived in a few minutes - they will also advise the best places to go for markets and shops I am sure.

Nick