Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Anyone stayed here recently with the Beach Club open? How is the beach?
Old May 13, 2018, 3:41 pm

Anymore feedback? How is the demographic, more relaxed or a good mix?
Old May 14, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by pointsbrah
Anymore feedback? How is the demographic, more relaxed or a good mix?
Looking at the location, it should be more relax as it will be very remote area by the cliff , I was told
Old Jun 25, 2018, 7:36 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Yes, I probably would stay again - but not for five nights. We took a metered taxi to Jimbaran Beach, where there are lots of restaurants and a few shops. We weren't impressed with the beach at all, it is the victim of the plastic epidemic that is blighting some of our beaches and oceans - the flotsam and litter on the entire length of the beach was awful, and certainly put us off staying for any length of time. . The metered taxi was about 100,000IDR (about $15) for the 30 minute + ride in horrible traffic. I can't make any comment about the shuttle, as it isn't up and running yet, but I got the impression that it would just go to the Beach Club at Pandawa Beach, which is in the opposite direction. I was assured by staff that this beach won't have the same little / plastic problem that Jimbaran has, but I haven't been, so can't comment.
Presently at the IC on Jimbaran beach, ending a 4-night stay, and I can assure that the beach is extra clean.

We will be checking in the Renaissance tomorrow.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by UASPG
Presently at the IC on Jimbaran beach, ending a 4-night stay, and I can assure that the beach is extra clean.

We will be checking in the Renaissance tomorrow.
How was the Renaissance? Thinking about checking in there on Friday for a day.

Any specials for Plat (Upgrade/Breakfast).

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2018, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
How was the Renaissance? Thinking about checking in there on Friday for a day.

Any specials for Plat (Upgrade/Breakfast).

Thanks!
​​​​​​

Just saw your post, as I had not opened FlyerTalk for a few days - sorry about that.

We did get complimentary breakfasts, but I am not sure if it is standard for Platinum guests.

The hotel has very nice views and pretty pool. The gym is very good but lacks efficient A/C.
The downside of the hotel is not a surprise: it is not by the beach.

The suites could have been better designed.

Great staff.
skywalkerLAX likes this.

Last edited by UASPG; Jul 9, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Old Jul 19, 2018, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Thanks! I ended up at the W for the last day and got a fantastic, rare upgrade to a 1 BR Pool Villa. Love it there!

Maybe I'll stay at Uluwatu next time.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Anyone stayed here recently with the Beach Club open? How is the beach?
It's not bad, especially if you like looking at people passing by in the front of sea. Small groups often get inside the Beach club, sometime get on the mattresses, to take pictures of themselves. The staff does not seem bothered by this, but they often (sometime too often) come to ask if you would like something to eat or drink.

The pool is too shallow for actual slimming, but it's pleasant.

There are a few fairly good dishes on the menu and the pizzas seem good.

There are strips of turquoise water, but not an ideal beach to be in the water. The area is latest being developed, but it will never be like Nusa Dua.
There are large buses constantly going in and out of the enclave where the Beach Club is, so I would say that it's more oriented toward the Indonesian or mainland Chinese clientele.

One of the attractions of that beach enclave is attached parasailing. There are also a few surfers, but the waves were rather small on that day.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Thanks! I ended up at the W for the last day and got a fantastic, rare upgrade to a 1 BR Pool Villa. Love it there!

Maybe I'll stay at Uluwatu next time.
I have also booked 4 nights at the W, for a stay in a few weeks.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:59 pm

I spend three nights here in November. As they do not provide a club lounge you get a F&B discount of 20% for Plat and PlatPremier and 10% for Gold member. We did not get any upgrade because we already booked an exectuive suite.

The hotel was totally empty I would say that they have an occupancy of 10 -20% maybe less. At the moment the cheapest rate on marriott.com even contains upgrade to a suite if available. Never seen this before. They have defintely more staff than guests.

It is very stylish so everywhere loud lounge music is played. I did not like it very much

II'll put some fotos and a tripreview in here the next days.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:23 am

....Have 5 nights booked here in February!

Looking forward to your review.
Old Jan 6, 2019, 1:40 pm

I stayed with my wife three days at Renaissance Uluwatu in November. We wanted to make use of some Suite Night Awards, but it was not possible. The system did not accept them and neither SPG nor the hotel knew why. So, they gave me a suite upgrade in advance without any costs.

Check In

The hotel is a 30 minutes ride away from Denpasar. When we arrived we were very impressed. The lobby looks like a huge cathedral. It has a stunning bar from where you have a perfect look over the jungle and ocean. At check in we got a melon ice and some wet towels. The staff was more than friendly and the check in process was very efficient and fast. After we were set we were brought to the room. This is really necessary. The hotel complex is very large and has a lot of buildings. It is build on a mountain slope. The lobby is on the top and the buildings are arranged like steps downwards.

Rooms

The executive suite is a one room suite without a door to the bathroom and has a shower and a tube. It also has a large window. So you can take a shower and have a great view to the jungle and ocean at the same time. But there are plenty of rooms that are visible from outside. So, you have to lower the roller shutters to have privacy during your shower. As welcome treatment we got two beer, sunglasses, sun cream and flip flops. It was really very generous. It is not a very large suite but it is okay. It has two TVs, one on the wall in Front of the bed and one on a wall diagonal to the couch. This does not make sense as you cannot watch TV from the couch. You have to move an armchair to use this TV. There is no possibility to connect the TV to HDMI or something like that, also neither screen mirroring is possible nor Netflix is installed.

The wifi was free for everyone throughout the resort and fast enough.

In the middle between bath area and bed there is a high dining table with coffee machine and integrated sink. The latter is a little getting used to. Next to the table there is a toilet with a sliding door and the only area that can be closed.

All in all our executive suite was really nice and clean but in my view a little bit to stylish. Design wins over functionality here. It should have 78 sqm but for us it feels more like having a room instead of a suite. There is a very detailed floor plan on the website.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/hote...esort-and-spa/

Music

As it is a Renaissance Hotel it is always unconventional and stylish. This is noticeable here in the form of lounge music everywhere. With everywhere it really means everywhere except the guestrooms and spa areas. Even in the shuttle bus to the beach club lounge music is played. Be aware that the music is very dominating.

Pools

The property has two infinity pools, a larger pool, one level beyond lobby and one at the bottom. Both have a pool bar and lounge music. We preferred the lower one because it was very often empty what let us feel that we had a private pool. Be aware that you have to take four elevators to get to the lower pool from lobby level.

Restaurant

The hotel has two restaurants including a bar that are located at the upper pool, a pool bar at the lower pool and the large lobby bar. The main restaurant Clay Craft offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. We like the breakfast very much because it has a lot of western and asian food. I like the combination of having egg benedict and mie noodles with beef a t the same time. For lunch and dinner they are also offering western and asian food. There is something to suit every taste.

At R Bar, that’s the lobby bar, they are offering afternoon tea. You have to try it. The view from R Bar is fantastic. You can see the jungle and the ocean and eat some delicious stuff with a milk shake, coffee or tea. The etagere was on a hanger and it looked like bird cage with food. Really amazing.
We didn’t try the signature restaurant Double Ikat which offers traditional indonesian food. But if we would have stayed longer, we definitely would.
As always we tried a burger from room service. It was not spiced traditional and we did not want to order it again.

Roosters Beach Club

The hotel does provide a shuttle service to the hotel's owned beach club. It is a 20 minute ride of course with lounge music. We did not like the beach club very much. It is located next to the ocean but there is no sandy beach. The beachclub has a pool with some sun layers around. As the club is not very large everything seems a little bit confined. At the club the lounge music was especially loud. For us it was not relaxing at all. So we went to the bar of the club drunk a coffee and tea and take the next bus back to the hotel. We would not consider to spend a whole day here. It was to much permanent music.

The staff

There is absolutely nothing to complain about. The staff is very friendly, polite and well trained. As Platinum Premier member the F&B manager came to us and introduced herself and asked if everything was fine. This was really nice.

Spa and fitness centre

My wife tried the massage and was very happy about it. The facilities were great and she could relax a lot. It was also silent there and no lounge music were played. The fitness center is absolutely up to date. It has ceiling high windows and a perfect view. I could make a perfect workout there. They are also providing complementary water there. If you want to explore the surrounding area you can also rent some bikes at the reception.

Area

At the hotel you cannot buy any bottled drinks except from the minibar. But in front of the hotel there are some mini markets where you can buy beer, fruits, water etc. for a very cheap price. All in all the surrounding area is very quiet and there is not a lot of traffic. It is possible to make some plesant walks.

All in all it was a very pleasant stay. We would definitely come back but not for more than a couple of days. Due to the very low occupancy we felt like having the resort on our own. I did not know how it feels if it is crowded.

Platinum Premier Elite Benefits at a glance

-Upgrade up to executive Suite
-free Breakfast
-20% - discount on F&B
-late check out 4 p.m.

Executive Suite

executive suite

Executive Suite

view from balcony of executive suite

lower pool

lower pool with pool bar

lower pool

Upper Pool

upper pool

upper pool

Beach Club

Beach Clib
khkchan likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:15 pm

I stayed at the Renaissance Bali as a Gold Elite from Dec 31 to Jan 2 - first night on points, second night on cash.

They upgraded me to a ocean view room on the main building, offered free breakfast (even for Gold elites), 15% F&B & Spa discount. Also, they are selling a prepaid F&B package (800k Rupiah for 1000k credit; or 1200k Rupiah for 1500k credit) that I took advantage of. (that's an effective 32% off discount on F&B for Gold elites).

During new year eve, they threw in a pool side party with live music, fireworks. Given I was in the main building with a balcony overlooking the pool, I can actually saw the party & fireworks live at my balcony. My wife loved it a lot.

The staff kept asking what's my next hotel is - I guess it's pretty typical for people to have short stays at multiple resorts. (My next hotel is HGI at the airport).

I tried the Thai massage and my wife tried the facial at the Spa - it's not too bad. I am quite happy that they put in a 15% discount given I am Gold Elite.

I had dinner at the R bar (main lobby bar) and at the Double Ikat. The service at R bar was a bit slow (probably due to the fact that it was new year eve). Food at both restaurants are above average.

Took the shuttle to the Roosterfish beach club. If you don't have a car or don't want to fuss with taxi for external food - you can take the shuttle to the beach club, walk towards to ocean and you will find the main pathway along the coastline. Turn right and you will find a lot of local cheap eateries. Given the shuttle runs hourly till 7pm, i think you can take advantage of the shuttle for lunch & early dinner. Food at the beachclub was okay. You can charge F&B to your account with elite discounts.

Asked for late checkout but was not granted. They said that my ocean view room was booked solid. However, they gave me access (2 hour access) to a departure lounge which has shower & amenities (just without a bed).

This hotel treats elite pretty well (even for Gold). Staffs are very friendly and nice. I highly recommend this hotel.

Last edited by khkchan; Jan 10, 2019 at 9:52 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:45 pm

Just completed a 7 night award stay and my experience here was superb, from the condition of the hotel, the beautiful rooms to the warm and friendly service.

As a LTPP+A I was upgraded to a huge ocean view suite with two floors a balcony and private jacuzzi. Between both floors I counted 10 complimentary bottles of water. The bed was crazy comfortable and the toiletries were premium Tokyo Milk.

Buffett breakfast was excellent with everything you could want from eggs made to order, waffles, pastries, noodle bar, fresh smoothies, fruits, yoghurts, fish, chicken and beef dishes too.

I ordered room service several times and I received my meals within 30 minutes. I loved the fact that they offered healthy options and the prices were extremely reasonable for in-room dining. A craft salad of green beans and tofu in peanut sauce with a skewer of 3 prawns was 120K IDR or about $8USD.

The hotel is about 30 minutes away from airport and taxi cost me 100K IDR or about $7USD.

I would definitely return as they treat rewards members extremely well!
Tokyoite and khkchan like this.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:12 am

WOW!! Just completed a five night stay and both my wife and myself absolutely loved this place! Absolutely loved it from the hotel itself, the view, the food and the excellent staff working here. We couldn't have been more pleased.

Arrived and were shown to our upgraded suite overlooking the lower pool with a fantastic view of the local greenery and even the ocean in the distance. Room was a nice size and very clean with a shower / bathroom area that was super large and unique. Breakfast each morning was outstanding with tons to choose from and service was excellent. I can tell you that we felt our loyalty as Plat members was really recognized by all staff - they seemed to know exactly who you were and greeted you by name!!! Whatever they are doing there they are doing it RIGHT! Many hotels could take lessons from them as we felt very welcomed at this hotel and were very sad to leave. It wasn't super busy so we felt like we had the place to ourselves at times.

We visited the Happy hours at both the upper and lower bars each day and really enjoyed sitting there drinking way too many cocktails after a hot day at the pool. We actually just ate the upper pool bar area twice for dinners as it was so relaxed and we really enjoyed ourselves there with the staff. We found the food to be excellent with generous portions!! That is a key as there was no reason for us to venture away as we found the pricing to be reasonable and the food excellent - most importantly we were stuffed when leaving. We also would always order the Calamari appetizer to start as we thought it was great and loved the two sauces. Really good food - I think we tried everything on the menu!! LOL. Plats also get 20% off - I should have charged all our booze and meals to the room as I would then receive points also - I am just weird that way - I always pay cash at the hotels for some reason other than the hotel charge itself ( although this one was on points ).

We spent the day also using at the Roosterfish using the shuttle. It was a good afternoon as we drank a bucket and took a walk along the beach. Lots of surfers out there and some nice clean waters in comparison to the Kuta area.

Stopped in late one evening at the Upper R bar and had a few drinks. Beautiful view with some small lightning in the distance lighting up the sky.

All in all I can't say enough good things about this place and the staff. We absolutely loved it!! ...SO GLAD we ended up cancelling our earlier reservations that we had - I first had a BRG rate at the St. Regis (can be a little too stuffy for me! that I cancelled; then cancelled both the Laguna and the Westin... If you want to relax in a great complex with everything you need then this is the place. I would not hesitate to recommend it!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.