FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]
Old Jan 9, 2019, 1:15 pm
khkchan

I stayed at the Renaissance Bali as a Gold Elite from Dec 31 to Jan 2 - first night on points, second night on cash.

They upgraded me to a ocean view room on the main building, offered free breakfast (even for Gold elites), 15% F&B & Spa discount. Also, they are selling a prepaid F&B package (800k Rupiah for 1000k credit; or 1200k Rupiah for 1500k credit) that I took advantage of. (that's an effective 32% off discount on F&B for Gold elites).

During new year eve, they threw in a pool side party with live music, fireworks. Given I was in the main building with a balcony overlooking the pool, I can actually saw the party & fireworks live at my balcony. My wife loved it a lot.

The staff kept asking what's my next hotel is - I guess it's pretty typical for people to have short stays at multiple resorts. (My next hotel is HGI at the airport).

I tried the Thai massage and my wife tried the facial at the Spa - it's not too bad. I am quite happy that they put in a 15% discount given I am Gold Elite.

I had dinner at the R bar (main lobby bar) and at the Double Ikat. The service at R bar was a bit slow (probably due to the fact that it was new year eve). Food at both restaurants are above average.

Took the shuttle to the Roosterfish beach club. If you don't have a car or don't want to fuss with taxi for external food - you can take the shuttle to the beach club, walk towards to ocean and you will find the main pathway along the coastline. Turn right and you will find a lot of local cheap eateries. Given the shuttle runs hourly till 7pm, i think you can take advantage of the shuttle for lunch & early dinner. Food at the beachclub was okay. You can charge F&B to your account with elite discounts.

Asked for late checkout but was not granted. They said that my ocean view room was booked solid. However, they gave me access (2 hour access) to a departure lounge which has shower & amenities (just without a bed).

This hotel treats elite pretty well (even for Gold). Staffs are very friendly and nice. I highly recommend this hotel.

Last edited by khkchan; Jan 10, 2019 at 9:52 am