Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Hi,

Does anyone know if the new Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa will have an Executive lounge, and what Marriot Gold benefits you can expect to see here?

Trying to weigh up the best option for a redemption in Bali as a Marriot Gold... any suggestions would be great,

Thanks
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Since the words "Resort & Spa" are in the name, I would assume no lounge or breakfast. Resorts are not obligated to provide this benefit.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I thought we had a main thread on this property, but evidently not. Just mentioned in the new hotels. So we can use this one as the main one for the property.

Property is now showing that it will open in February '17 from Nov '16. Cat 6. Doesn't have an exec lounge from what I can tell on the website.

We won't know what (if any) bennies, such as brekkie, they offer until they open/someone stays there. Some resorts offer brekkie, some limit it to plats, others stick to the rules & don't offer it at all. Some resorts provide really nice upgrades to suites; others follow the rules more to better room. Again, we won't know what this property does until it opens/we get first reports.

Hotel website.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...esort-and-spa/

"Offering three unique pool experiences, a playful beach club complete with kids activities, beach volleyball, seafood BBQ’s and great music there is no better way to spend a day out in Bali. The hotel features an authentic Indonesian restaurant; Double Ikat, a Balinese pottery school and all day restaurant serving up the best breakfast in Bali called Clay Craft. Sip inspiring cocktails while enjoying an unforgettable sunset at R Bar."

Cheers.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks very much for that,

Look forward to hearing other people's experiences once open...

Any recommendations on the best perks seen for a Marriot Gold in Bali please???

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I thought we had a main thread on this property, but evidently not. Just mentioned in the new hotels. So we can use this one as the main one for the property.

Property is now showing that it will open in February '17 from Nov '16. Cat 6. Doesn't have an exec lounge from what I can tell on the website.

We won't know what (if any) bennies, such as brekkie, they offer until they open/someone stays there. Some resorts offer brekkie, some limit it to plats, others stick to the rules & don't offer it at all. Some resorts provide really nice upgrades to suites; others follow the rules more to better room. Again, we won't know what this property does until it opens/we get first reports.

Hotel website.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...esort-and-spa/

"Offering three unique pool experiences, a playful beach club complete with kids activities, beach volleyball, seafood BBQ’s and great music there is no better way to spend a day out in Bali. The hotel features an authentic Indonesian restaurant; Double Ikat, a Balinese pottery school and all day restaurant serving up the best breakfast in Bali called Clay Craft. Sip inspiring cocktails while enjoying an unforgettable sunset at R Bar."

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 2:35 pm

Now showing opening March 2017.

Cheers.
Old Feb 4, 2017, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Gold
Now October 2017..
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:13 pm

Says September 2017, but October wouldn't surprise me.

"Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort and Spa is the ultimate retreat for guests looking for something wonderfully new and to embrace the unexpected in a setting unlike no other. Offering three unique pool experiences, a playful beach club complete with kids activities, beach volleyball, seafood BBQ’s and great music there is no better way to spend a day out in Bali. The hotel features an authentic Indonesian restaurant; Double Ikat, a Balinese pottery school and all day restaurant serving up the best breakfast in Bali called Clay Craft. Sip inspiring cocktails while enjoying an unforgettable sunset at R Bar. Weddings are truly special occasions here; honor your love with a beach ceremony and spend your honeymoon with us! With the largest ballroom on the peninsula and one of Bali’s ultimate places for business meetings, we are sure that you will always discover something wonderfully new at Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa, A Marriott Lifestyle Hotel."
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:21 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Just to throw this out here... I stayed at the Bali Sheraton Kuta Beach. It's not the kind of place I'd want to lounge around all day, but for a place to stay while taking day trips, it was fantastic. There are ocean views from the pool, restaurants and many rooms, including the suite to which I was upgraded. Breakfast is included. It's a very nice breakfast. You can walk across the street to the beach, next door to a large mall you otherwise forget is there and into the main touristy shopping districts about a mile away. And the price was excellent compared to other Marriott/SPG resorts on Bali.
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:18 am

Programs: KF Gold, *G, Hilton Diamond, Discovery Titanium
anyone stayed at this property yet? how does it compare against other marriotts and spg?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:23 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
Since it won’t open until next year I kinda doubt it

But with 5 previous stays I always liked the Stones

Originally Posted by elephentravels
anyone stayed at this property yet? how does it compare against other marriotts and spg?
Old Oct 16, 2017, 3:45 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by elephentravels
Its delayed till Jan 2018... or later..hehe
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:07 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Still advertising as opening January 2018, very active on Facebook with teasers and previews, but still unable to book any dates on Marriott.com.
Anyone heard any uodate recently, please?
I have tried asking on Facebook, but not got any response.

Nick
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Dear Hotel Management,

In case you check the posts on FlyerTalk, isn't time for an update on your opening date and access to booking?

Looking forward for some information.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:56 am
Moderator, Virgin Atlantic

Programs: VS Red, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium - earned out of our own pocket!.
Originally Posted by UASPG
Dear Hotel Management,

In case you check the posts on FlyerTalk, isn't time for an update on your opening date and access to booking?

Looking forward for some information.
As an update to my post above - I sent a message via their Facebook page and got an almost immediate response.
After sending my email by PM, I have been in correspondence with the hotel.
Despite my best efforts, I can't tie them down to an opening date, or a date when they will accept reservations, except that it will be 'soon'.

I did find out about their opening offer though - Currently, we still not open for reservation meanwhile for the opening offer the rate will be:

Deluxe IDR 1,680,000 ++/room/night
Inclusion: Daily buffet breakfast for 2 persons
Beverage and food credit at IDR 500,000/room/stay The above rate is subject to 21% tax and service.

My last email said they are still doing the "fire life safety audit", so are unable to confirm a date.
When I hear further I will post it here.

Nick
Old Jan 17, 2018, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Despite my best efforts, I can't tie them down to an opening date, or a date when they will accept reservations, except that it will be 'soon'.
Nick
I guess that we can only wait and check out on a regular basis, for their reservations to open ...... soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.