FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa [Master Thread]
Old Mar 31, 2018, 12:13 am
wheresroxanne

Programs: marriott rewards spg hyatt
More inf

Originally Posted by Nottingham Nick
Right! We have been here for three nights so far and I will give a full report at the end of the trip, but for now: here are a few of my first impressions.

This is our first visit to Bali in 8 years, and I remember it as being quite busy and quite chaotic. It is much, much busier and much more chaotic now though.

The chaos starts at the airport, running the gauntlet of loads of taxi drivers all flashing their ID badge and claiming to have the cheapest price. We went to the taxi official desk, which is to the right of arrivals and paid a fixed fee of 300K IDR (about $20). The ride to the hotel took about 30 minutes but didn't start well when the driver had never heard of the resort. Fortunately I had put the details in my iPhone and had printed the address and phone number. The driver rang the hotel and chatted to them for a few minutes before he was happy he knew where he was going.

Having got to the resort, I could understand his doubts - the last couple of kilometres are along very narrow and winding roads and it is clear the resort is isolated, with very little in walking distance.

The resort itself is very impressive, there is the usual Balinese security to get in and then you are deposited at a very impressive reception ares with panoramic views over to the ocean.

We were upgraded to an ocean view room, that may be classed as a mini-suite, as it has a huge living area, two TVs an area with sink, fridge, coffee machine etc. It also had a very impressive
bath room area with large bathtub and wet room shower area. It also has a large balcony area, with two chairs a table and a sun lounger.

There are several pluses for the resort, the main one being the staff. There are staff everywhere, all are friendly, helpful and eager to engage in conversation; even though English isn’t their first language. The pool area is another big plus, the infinity pool and it surroundings are ideal, there are plenty of sun beds, though when it is busy, the limited number of parasols may become an issue.

Because of the isolation, we have had breakfast and evening meals in the Clay Craft restaurant, which is something we wouldn’t normally do. Having said that, the meals and the staff are very good. The breakfast selection is as good as any Marriott I had stayed in with several stations catering for Eastern and Western tastes. The evening selection is good too. The promised Thai restaurant isn’t open yet though.

The isolation issue may resolve itself when the Beach Club opens. Speaking to staff, they hope to open the Roosterfish Club on Pandawa Beach in May. At this time a shuttle will run between the resort and the Beach Club. We were told that the whole project has been blighted by weather related delays - hence the constantly moving opening date. They have yet to open the lower pool, the ball room, the Laundry, the gift shop to name but a few.

In conclusion, if you want a luxury resort in a glorious setting, then this place takes some beating. If you want to walk to local restaurants, attractions and the beach then (at the moment) this may not be the ideal.

I am happy to answer any questions I can.

Nick
hi nick. Thanks. I’d like to ask if you’d stay again and What was your final consensus. Is jimeran far as well and were there market stalls anywhere near ? Is the shuttle avail for close trips and one more ! As I’m waiting to book for the 2! Did u happen to ask and receive late checkout ! How late ? And sorry one more ! Were drivers hard to get ? Mahalo