The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Old Jun 4, 19, 2:22 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Dave510 View Post

You need to cut through the Elements mall to get to Kowloon station, then 1 stop to get to Hong Kong station, then underground walkway to Central. 10 mins of walking in total.

Alternatively, take a cab or use the house car (club level service) to get to TST station. That cuts out almost all of the walking.
Cutting through a mall to the MTR seems easy enough. Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 19, 5:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Cutting through a mall to the MTR seems easy enough. Thanks!
I would still take the MTR, but it's worth noting that the walk from HK Stn to Central Stn is somewhat longish, though indoors.
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ti
Originally Posted by AnttiV View Post
What really surprised me was the Plat/Titanium voucher they give out for Ozone seemed to include everything except bottles so we ended up having 2 glasses of Dom 2004 (priced at 570HKD++/each).
This is new.. last August it was very clearly limited to basic stuff.
Old Jun 4, 19, 9:00 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

How much of a hassle is it to get from the hotel to Central? I have an upcoming 4 night stay and booked 2 nights in Central at The Pottinger, then 2 nights at the RC to detox and check the hotel out, but should I decide my detox plans were a bit hasty and want to get back into the thick of things, is it a major project? I seem to recall the hotel being a bit tucked away.
I would just stay in a Central hotel if you want to eat and drink there. Not worth the hassle of commuting.
Old Jun 4, 19, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I would just stay in a Central hotel if you want to eat and drink there. Not worth the hassle of commuting.
+1

Actually, after already spending 2 days in Central, I would consider moving to Wanchai if I wanted a change of pace, though admittedly this might not be conducive to the detox goal.

Last edited by moondog; Jun 4, 19 at 10:57 pm
Old Jun 4, 19, 10:47 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
RC not the best location unless you have meetings in that area like to Morgan Stanley. Not super easy through all the underground tunnels to MTR or cheap if you take western tunnel by taxi.

It is not easy to walk the fun sites in Kowloon. I'd choose a central location or one in TST
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I am for the first two nights. I booked the Ritz with an eye towards having a convenient excuse to NOT go meet my friends at bars, hiding out in Kowloon and maybe getting some tailoring done. Just thinking WORST case if I crack and decide to double back.
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
+1

though admittedly this might not be conducive to the detox goal.
*"detoxes" at Dusk Till Dawn*
jonisflying likes this.
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:27 am

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
RC not the best location unless you have meetings in that area like to Morgan Stanley. Not super easy through all the underground tunnels to MTR or cheap if you take western tunnel by taxi.

It is not easy to walk the fun sites in Kowloon. I'd choose a central location or one in TST
Which property would you recommend?
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am for the first two nights. I booked the Ritz with an eye towards having a convenient excuse to NOT go meet my friends at bars, hiding out in Kowloon and maybe getting some tailoring done. Just thinking WORST case if I crack and decide to double back.
Are there reasonably priced --high quality-- tailors near Elements? Most of my friends have tailors they like in or near TST, which is actually easier to get to from Central.
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:03 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by Bfhause View Post
Which property would you recommend?
Depends on whether you want to stay in Marriott family or not. I personally love TST area, so I'd go with Sheraton if Marriott family... or Peninsula if not. They just opened a Rosewood where I think the old Intercon was (someone correct me please if I am wrong). I haven't stayed yet but the area is nice and the reviews excellent.

In HK side, I like JW usually but haven't stayed at the STR yet. I don't love the STR location either. 4S and MO are excellent
Old Jun 10, 19, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
Depends on whether you want to stay in Marriott family or not. I personally love TST area, so I'd go with Sheraton if Marriott family... or Peninsula if not. They just opened a Rosewood where I think the old Intercon was (someone correct me please if I am wrong). I haven't stayed yet but the area is nice and the reviews excellent.

In HK side, I like JW usually but haven't stayed at the STR yet. I don't love the STR location either. 4S and MO are excellent
No, the InterCon is still there. The Rosewood is in the adjacent lot where the New World Hotel used to be.
Old Jun 10, 19, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone who wants to experience HK (as opposed to looking at it) should stay in HK.
Old Jul 26, 19, 8:00 am

Normal club booking got upgraded to Deluxe Suite with City/Mountain view with Plat. There's a Harbour view available tomorrow for the rest of my trip. Wonder if I should ask to move to that one tomorrow.
Old Jul 26, 19, 1:05 pm
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by phant0m View Post
Normal club booking got upgraded to Deluxe Suite with City/Mountain view with Plat. There's a Harbour view available tomorrow for the rest of my trip. Wonder if I should ask to move to that one tomorrow.
It can't hurt to ask...as long as you're comfortable that they can and might say no. We're not entitled to anything but the "standard" (base level) suites. after all, so anything more is gravy!

Search this Thread