Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Reply

Old Jun 4, 19, 2:22 pm
  #76  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: En Route
Programs: Many
Posts: 5,090
Originally Posted by Dave510 View Post


You need to cut through the Elements mall to get to Kowloon station, then 1 stop to get to Hong Kong station, then underground walkway to Central. 10 mins of walking in total.

Alternatively, take a cab or use the house car (club level service) to get to TST station. That cuts out almost all of the walking.
Cutting through a mall to the MTR seems easy enough. Thanks!
GetSetJetSet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 19, 5:42 pm
  #77  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 29,070
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
Cutting through a mall to the MTR seems easy enough. Thanks!
I would still take the MTR, but it's worth noting that the walk from HK Stn to Central Stn is somewhat longish, though indoors.
moondog is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 19, 7:52 pm
  #78  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy Ti
Posts: 761
Originally Posted by AnttiV View Post
What really surprised me was the Plat/Titanium voucher they give out for Ozone seemed to include everything except bottles so we ended up having 2 glasses of Dom 2004 (priced at 570HKD++/each).
This is new.. last August it was very clearly limited to basic stuff.
GoSh4rks is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 19, 9:00 pm
  #79  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,384
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
How much of a hassle is it to get from the hotel to Central? I have an upcoming 4 night stay and booked 2 nights in Central at The Pottinger, then 2 nights at the RC to detox and check the hotel out, but should I decide my detox plans were a bit hasty and want to get back into the thick of things, is it a major project? I seem to recall the hotel being a bit tucked away.
I would just stay in a Central hotel if you want to eat and drink there. Not worth the hassle of commuting.
Aventine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 19, 10:46 pm
  #80  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 29,070
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I would just stay in a Central hotel if you want to eat and drink there. Not worth the hassle of commuting.
+1

Actually, after already spending 2 days in Central, I would consider moving to Wanchai if I wanted a change of pace, though admittedly this might not be conducive to the detox goal.

Last edited by moondog; Jun 4, 19 at 10:57 pm
moondog is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 19, 10:47 pm
  #81  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 832
RC not the best location unless you have meetings in that area like to Morgan Stanley. Not super easy through all the underground tunnels to MTR or cheap if you take western tunnel by taxi.

It is not easy to walk the fun sites in Kowloon. I'd choose a central location or one in TST
SHLTP is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:00 am
  #82  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: En Route
Programs: Many
Posts: 5,090
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I would just stay in a Central hotel if you want to eat and drink there. Not worth the hassle of commuting.
I am for the first two nights. I booked the Ritz with an eye towards having a convenient excuse to NOT go meet my friends at bars, hiding out in Kowloon and maybe getting some tailoring done. Just thinking WORST case if I crack and decide to double back.
GetSetJetSet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:00 am
  #83  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: En Route
Programs: Many
Posts: 5,090
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
+1

though admittedly this might not be conducive to the detox goal.
*"detoxes" at Dusk Till Dawn*
jonisflying likes this.
GetSetJetSet is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 19, 10:27 am
  #84  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Posts: 136
Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
RC not the best location unless you have meetings in that area like to Morgan Stanley. Not super easy through all the underground tunnels to MTR or cheap if you take western tunnel by taxi.

It is not easy to walk the fun sites in Kowloon. I'd choose a central location or one in TST
Which property would you recommend?
Bfhause is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 19, 6:44 pm
  #85  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 29,070
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
I am for the first two nights. I booked the Ritz with an eye towards having a convenient excuse to NOT go meet my friends at bars, hiding out in Kowloon and maybe getting some tailoring done. Just thinking WORST case if I crack and decide to double back.
Are there reasonably priced --high quality-- tailors near Elements? Most of my friends have tailors they like in or near TST, which is actually easier to get to from Central.
moondog is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:03 pm
  #86  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum
Posts: 832
Originally Posted by Bfhause View Post
Which property would you recommend?
Depends on whether you want to stay in Marriott family or not. I personally love TST area, so I'd go with Sheraton if Marriott family... or Peninsula if not. They just opened a Rosewood where I think the old Intercon was (someone correct me please if I am wrong). I haven't stayed yet but the area is nice and the reviews excellent.

In HK side, I like JW usually but haven't stayed at the STR yet. I don't love the STR location either. 4S and MO are excellent
SHLTP is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 19, 7:52 am
  #87  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,485
Originally Posted by SHLTP View Post
Depends on whether you want to stay in Marriott family or not. I personally love TST area, so I'd go with Sheraton if Marriott family... or Peninsula if not. They just opened a Rosewood where I think the old Intercon was (someone correct me please if I am wrong). I haven't stayed yet but the area is nice and the reviews excellent.

In HK side, I like JW usually but haven't stayed at the STR yet. I don't love the STR location either. 4S and MO are excellent
No, the InterCon is still there. The Rosewood is in the adjacent lot where the New World Hotel used to be.
Fly Me To The Moon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 19, 7:55 am
  #88  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 29,070
Anyone who wants to experience HK (as opposed to looking at it) should stay in HK.
moondog is online now  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread