Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Old Sep 14, 20, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by xexs View Post
A side note is, their room/suite layout is actually quite disappointing. Too small as a suite, and the lack of living area in front of the telly where people can sit down with a few friends having a chat.
I fully agree with you. Completely useless Deluxe Suite layout for my needs.
Old Sep 20, 20, 4:39 am

Programs: BA SIlver, Virgin Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
Just checked out of RC

Front desk spent a long time explaining why no upgrades were available for Platinums, they offered some cash off the room rate as a GOGW and $500 credit So, glad I booked the room i wanted (Harbour view room).

Club lounges was then offered for a tiny amount for two. Was not expecting this at all. So really happy.

Service was good, but so busy with families. Clearly need more staff to adjust to non business travellers. All restaurants were fully booked, pool had a 3 hour wait list.

Club lounge was ok, food was hit and miss, for dinner, slices of warm spam were served. Drinks were very good though.

Overall, pretty happy with stay, room was fantastic, pool is really amazing, but staycationers are not the usual high paying business travellers who have low consumption levels.
littlevoices likes this.

Last edited by anonymous_third_party; Sep 20, 20 at 4:45 am
Old Sep 20, 20, 9:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; WN A List; UA 1K 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott AMB; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anonymous_third_party View Post
Overall, pretty happy with stay, room was fantastic, pool is really amazing, but staycationers are not the usual high paying business travellers who have low consumption levels.
When I stayed pre-covid, it was mostly families. Club lounge was basically a playground. I think most business travelers stay Central, with a few choosing RC if they have meetings in ICC.
Old Sep 20, 20, 1:09 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I stayed (IIRC in March, not summer), I don't remember families with kids, either in the lounge or elsewhere. The pool was wonderful and I had it to myself when I wanted to swim. The lounge was excellent with five food presentations per day including times with higher end wines and hard liquor, although I remember needing to specify the cognac label to get the best one that was displayed--the bartender didn't ask which one. The lounge was accessible by key card all night, for beer, a couple wine choices (not including the best ones from their regular offerings IME, but maybe others had grabbed the better wines first), and cold snacks like fruit or small plates with cheese and crackers. Other foreign business travelers seemed to go to the lounge very late in the evening or in the middle of the night to work while experiencing jet lag.
Old Sep 20, 20, 7:23 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
When I stayed pre-covid, it was mostly families. Club lounge was basically a playground. I think most business travelers stay Central, with a few choosing RC if they have meetings in ICC.
At weekends, i think as location is not great families stay. Midweek sounds very nice though.
Old Sep 20, 20, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
The pool at the HK RC has been to me a supreme disappointment. Limited area outside the pool proper, and full of families and annoying kinfolk. Service is good, but outside of the incredible view and the nice accommodations, I'd take the FS any day.
Old Sep 21, 20, 12:37 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
All restaurants were fully booked, pool had a 3 hour wait list.
Thanks for the update, seems all of HK wants a staycation now, I almost stayed at the RC this weekend too, but in the end skipped as they were only able to offer my lunchtime brunch reservations in mid-October with a few days notice! Still, good for them to be busy, instead I went to zuma which is fairly quiet and about the same kind of price range (no points though).
Old Sep 21, 20, 1:40 am

Programs: Marriott Ti CX SL UA SL TP *G Starlux insighter
I'm not surprised by the long waiting for pool access
it is mainly due to high occupancy and the govt restrictions of headcount in pool

in fact if you manage to grab a spot, it's actually great, as it won't be crowded af like a couple of weeks ago when pool has no restrictions
Old Sep 21, 20, 1:51 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Platinum, GE
Short review of a recent stay in the other thread here

Canít complain given the room rates (HK$1,500 - itís like half of what Rosewood is charging).
Just canít expect very personalized or quality service compared to many of the other tier 1 luxury hotels in HK tho (who have not discounted as much)
Old Sep 21, 20, 4:41 am

Originally Posted by G-CIVC View Post
Short review of a recent stay in the other thread here

Canít complain given the room rates (HK$1,500 - itís like half of what Rosewood is charging).
Just canít expect very personalized or quality service compared to many of the other tier 1 luxury hotels in HK tho (who have not discounted as much)
Yes, my rate including lounge access and $500 credit for $3600 for two nights for harbour view room. So very good value.
Old Sep 21, 20, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by xexs View Post
I'm not surprised by the long waiting for pool access
it is mainly due to high occupancy and the govt restrictions of headcount in pool

in fact if you manage to grab a spot, it's actually great, as it won't be crowded af like a couple of weeks ago when pool has no restrictions
It was very good, but the system was a bit of a shambles. Capacity was 40, but whenever i was in, there was only ever 15-20 people in. So many disappointed people turned away when there was loads of capacity

Breakfast was also completely nuts too. They couldn't cope and as others pointed out quality was definitely lower than in other luxury hotels.

The quality of your management really comes into its own in times like these, and it seemed like they just aren't good enough at RC HK.
Kacee likes this.
Old Sep 21, 20, 10:06 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It was very good, but the system was a bit of a shambles. Capacity was 40, but whenever i was in, there was only ever 15-20 people in. So many disappointed people turned away when there was loads of capacity

Breakfast was also completely nuts too. They couldn't cope and as others pointed out quality was definitely lower than in other luxury hotels.

The quality of your management really comes into its own in times like these, and it seemed like they just aren't good enough at RC HK.
It's a small indoor pool, so even15-20 people IMO would seem very crowded if they were actually swimming in the pool and not using the outdoor deck, hot tub, or just lunging around.

When I've stayed here, I don't think I've ever encountered another person in the pool when I was swimming my laps, although there were a couple people on the outdoor deck or in the outdoor jacuzzi IIRC.
Old Sep 29, 20, 10:15 pm

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Overall, this was a fantastic stay.

We were upsold to a Deluxe Victoria Harbour Suite before the stay, and as a Platinum member, this was the room given. Stay was Thursday - Saturday.

The good:

- Incredible views (obviously). Really worth paying a premium for this.

- I loved the reception area and the general premium features of the hotel.

- The pool and gym were excellent. It's a shame there was no outdoor pool, but swimming on the 118th floor was incredible. Didn't experience crowding as other posters mentioned, but only went once quite early.

- The best thing about the stay was the service levels of the staff. The check-in and attentiveness while in the club lounge was great, and in fact, all the club lounge staff were great, it felt like nothing was too much.

The minor gripes:

- The lounge area of the room only had a chaise longue, not a proper sofa. Whilst this looked good, it actually made it difficult to relax and watch TV, especially for two people. This wasn't great.

- The club lounge food selection was reasonable, but not mind blowing. I don't know if what we experienced was standard, or had been reduced due to Coronavirus. It felt like a good Marriott lounge, rather than a Ritz Carlton, paid upgrade lounge. Worth noting that it never felt crowded when we used it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: