Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ritz Carlton Hong Kong [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM; SPG LT Platinum
Just a note that I just stayed there for a night. I had asked my ambassador to reach out in advance, and received a fantastic upgrade to a Harbor view Suite. Fortunately it was a clear night, and the views were gorgeous both at night in morning, and the suite was very nice. Overall i thought it was a beautiful hotel, and great service. My only niggle would be that the exercise equipment left something to be desired, but definitely looking forward to bringing my family at some point. Less fussed about the location because it's so easy to get around, and the view is so great.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Braswch
Is this a good layover hotel? Arrive HKG from the US 7pm on a Saturday in Feb. Depart HKG the next day at 4:05. We will have access to the CX lounges when we head back to the airport.
I guess I'm looking to:
- minimize travel time to and from. Open to airport express or car.
- have a relaxing enjoyable stay
- easily be able to get out and walk around before heading back to the airport to start to work on jet lag. So either in a good location or be able to easily get to a good location.
- Family of 5 and 1 of us has never been to HK
- I'd like to get some good old street food or similar.

How's the RC compare to other Kowloon and HK Hotels?
I stayed at the RC for a few nights on my way back from Australia.

I found the location next to the airport express station really convenient, and had no issue walking from the station to the hotel with two large, heavy suitcases (I didn't have anyone meet me at the station).

I also found the metro useful for getting across the harbour, very simply, and well sign posted. Not sure if you plan to head over there or not, but it is where I did most of my walking around.

I headed to the Temple Street night market on my first night there, was about a 7 minute cab ride, staying on the Kowloon side, bellman told the cab where I wanted to go. I wandered around the market, and had some decent food (street food, sitting on upturned crates etc.) Walked back from the night market to the hotel - not a lot to see en route, but felt safe and didn't get run over!

I really liked the pool at the RC for a swim overlooking the city. Swimming is my jet lag cure, and it was a very atmospheric pool.

I can't comment on the other hotels mentioned, but I enjoyed my stay at the RC, and got around very easily with short cab rides, or metro.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:09 am

Data point - Just stayed here last week for 2 nights on pre-devaluation points (60k per night). Since it was special trip with my wife, I asked for the paid upgrade to the Grand Victoria Harbour Room. I stayed in touch regarding some reservations and with my arrival so early I asked to see if they can hold our bags while we freshened up in the spa/gym bathroom. Upon arrival, room was not ready as expected but they mentioned about rushing to clean one up. After getting notification that room was ready by email, went back to the checkin counter and was pleasantly surprised that we got upgrade to the Premier Executive Suite Victoria Harbour room. By far the best hotel and best room I've ever stayed at thus far in my life. Gorgeous room and views.
NJFlyer_HOHO likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by ppatel14
Data point - Just stayed here last week for 2 nights on pre-devaluation points (60k per night). Since it was special trip with my wife, I asked for the paid upgrade to the Grand Victoria Harbour Room. I stayed in touch regarding some reservations and with my arrival so early I asked to see if they can hold our bags while we freshened up in the spa/gym bathroom. Upon arrival, room was not ready as expected but they mentioned about rushing to clean one up. After getting notification that room was ready by email, went back to the checkin counter and was pleasantly surprised that we got upgrade to the Premier Executive Suite Victoria Harbour room. By far the best hotel and best room I've ever stayed at thus far in my life. Gorgeous room and views.
Can you share how much they quoted you for the upgrade? I am staying with 60k/night this weekend.

Also how were the views? Any issues with haze blocking visibility?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by jtfu
Can you share how much they quoted you for the upgrade? I am staying with 60k/night this weekend.

Also how were the views? Any issues with haze blocking visibility?
They quoted 1,800 HKD plus 10% service charge per night.

Views are incredible if the weather is clear. We had rain storms for most of our 2.5 day trip and was bummed that the views were obscured. But right before checking out, the sky cleared up what a view it was.

View out of corner room 111-22 (southwest).
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)

From the RC, wouldn't that be southeast? Southwest is the less desirable view towards Lantau Island, which is mostly just water (and which is what they initially tried to give me as a "Victoria Harbour" view).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Cool

They quoted 1,800 HKD plus 10% service charge per night.

Views are incredible if the weather is clear. We had rain storms for most of our 2.5 day trip and was bummed that the views were obscured. But right before checking out, the sky cleared up what a view it was.

That is a GREAT view.

A clear day in Hong Kong? Those are few and far between these days.
Hong Kong is one of my favorite cities in the world. But the pollution is terrible.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by Dave510
Does anyone make use of the house car to get around the Kowloon area when staying on the club level? Seems like a useful benefit for getting out of the hotel area in the morning, but no one seems to make use of it.
I used it a lot during my stay because it's reservable. Most other hotels I've stayed at it was always first come first serve so this was very nice.
Dave510 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Currently staying here. Booked the base room with cash and was upgraded to Grand Seaview. Arrived after midnight for a 2 night stay so didn’t upgrade to club initially but was offered the upgrade just the second day for 2100HKD for 2 which I took.

The room and overall decor is nice, sort of reminds me of FS Beijing. Amenities are a bit lacking with 4 bottles of water for 2 and only single set of toiletries in a room with a bath and a shower. Really minor things but had to find something negative as it’s pretty hard to fault the place.

Check-in was a breeze given the late arrival. Luggage arrived swiftly. Lounge staff could not be more attentative and even though the champagne on offer was just plain Moet it is free flowing at all hours as are the other beverages. The afternoon tea and canapes were really nice but not the best hotel lounge food I’ve had. The booze was premium, no Gordons or Red Label here, the local craft beer selection was enjoyable too. What really surprised me was the Plat/Titanium voucher they give out for Ozone seemed to include everything except bottles so we ended up having 2 glasses of Dom 2004 (priced at 570HKD++/each).

All in all, the location is not good for exploring but we knew that coming in and didn’t feel like going out anyway having been in HK for quite a few times and basically only having one day. Also it’s very convenient for late departing flights with the Kowloon check-in being right under it.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Many
How much of a hassle is it to get from the hotel to Central? I have an upcoming 4 night stay and booked 2 nights in Central at The Pottinger, then 2 nights at the RC to detox and check the hotel out, but should I decide my detox plans were a bit hasty and want to get back into the thick of things, is it a major project? I seem to recall the hotel being a bit tucked away.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
How much of a hassle is it to get from the hotel to Central? I have an upcoming 4 night stay and booked 2 nights in Central at The Pottinger, then 2 nights at the RC to detox and check the hotel out, but should I decide my detox plans were a bit hasty and want to get back into the thick of things, is it a major project? I seem to recall the hotel being a bit tucked away.
You need to cut through the Elements mall to get to Kowloon station, then 1 stop to get to Hong Kong station, then underground walkway to Central. 10 mins of walking in total.

Alternatively, take a cab or use the house car (club level service) to get to TST station. That cuts out almost all of the walking.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:49 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too

You need to cut through the Elements mall to get to Kowloon station, then 1 stop to get to Hong Kong station, then underground walkway to Central. 10 mins of walking in total.

Alternatively, take a cab or use the house car (club level service) to get to TST station. That cuts out almost all of the walking.
Worth mentioning, in summertime in HKG, that all of that 10 minutes of walking is indoors/underground and climate controlled, which is worth quite a bit.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Many

Cutting through a mall to the MTR seems easy enough. Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2019, 5:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Cutting through a mall to the MTR seems easy enough. Thanks!
I would still take the MTR, but it's worth noting that the walk from HK Stn to Central Stn is somewhat longish, though indoors.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
Originally Posted by AnttiV
What really surprised me was the Plat/Titanium voucher they give out for Ozone seemed to include everything except bottles so we ended up having 2 glasses of Dom 2004 (priced at 570HKD++/each).
This is new.. last August it was very clearly limited to basic stuff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.