Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New Orleans [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New Orleans [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2015, 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by jhzwtx
Thank you, rrgg! I will check in tomorrow and provide feedbacks.
Stayed at Sheraton New Orleans between 27th and 29th as platinum.
Didn't get junoir executive suite upgrade as many have reported in earlier
posts. We were told to be upgraded to a river view room when checked in, but end up getting city view. Had to call front desk again to finally see the Mississippi river.

Hot water faucet was not working at all. Toilet was not working properly. Overall, i would give it 3 star.

Parking is $45 overnight and please note they just recently changed vehicle check out time to 2 PM. We waited about 25 mins to retrieve our car around 3 pm saturday. The family in front of us waited alomost an hour.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Just wanted to write a quick review of this place. Checked in took a while, two conferences at the hotel. I could not check in on the app, Took roughly 25 minutes to check in and they did have a Gold/PLT SPG check in line. When it was my turn to check in the FD could see my Res but it was locked, after two phone calls to a supervisor they finally showed up, supervisor made a phone call and Reservations was unlocked (never had that problem.) No upgrade, I'm on the 45th floor riverview. Nice room, small window. Lounge has to be best domestic lounge for food, Breakfast is not your typical continental breakfast, full on American Breakfast, Dinner (not just hor d'oeuvres) had 4 hot items, many different types of cheeses, salad, cold cuts. I'm here for 5 days.
Old May 16, 2016, 10:30 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
I was there last night as well. I checked in at noon Sunday, and while my assigned room was not ready, they gave me one on the 46th floor with a fabulous view of the river. The food in the lounge was a cut above what one normally expects in Sheraton lounges, with multiple hot dishes. I was at the Marriott across the street Friday and the food in the evening was much better at the Sheraton. OTOH, breakfast at the Marriott was FAR superior in the M Lounge, with omlets prepared to taste and an assortment of hot meats ++++. In the Sheraton, I saw a dish of ham slices, scrambled eggs, some average pastries, and the usual assortment of cut fruit. This is more than adequate, if you did not know what was across the street
Old May 17, 2016, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Vulcan
I was there last night as well. I checked in at noon Sunday, and while my assigned room was not ready, they gave me one on the 46th floor with a fabulous view of the river. The food in the lounge was a cut above what one normally expects in Sheraton lounges, with multiple hot dishes. I was at the Marriott across the street Friday and the food in the evening was much better at the Sheraton. OTOH, breakfast at the Marriott was FAR superior in the M Lounge, with omlets prepared to taste and an assortment of hot meats ++++. In the Sheraton, I saw a dish of ham slices, scrambled eggs, some average pastries, and the usual assortment of cut fruit. This is more than adequate, if you did not know what was across the street
Are you in town for the AACN conference? I stopped staying at Marriotts, so wouldn't know what they serve. Today's Breakfast was some sort of sausage which was horrible, but everything else was great.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
Man.. I LOVED this place. Stayed there 2x last month (1st timer). Both times I got a nice jr suite. Really nice. The club lounge, IMO, is also top notch. The food up there in the evening is amazing... jambalaya, gumbo, etc.

Parking - it's not cheap in NOLA. I used an app called ParkWhiz and found a lot 5 min away for $20/day.

Location - Excellent

Service - FD was awesome and the club attendants we very friendly. Chatted with one of them for 10 minutes and he gave me his card just in case I needed anything during my stay.

I rank this up there with my other favorite inner city Sheraton, Le Centre Sheraton Montreal
Old May 17, 2016, 8:50 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Are you in town for the AACN conference? I stopped staying at Marriotts, so wouldn't know what they serve. Today's Breakfast was some sort of sausage which was horrible, but everything else was great.
No. Just some R & R. BUT, I am involved in the CME arena and my wife (an RN) was (a long time ago) a member of AACN. . It's a small world.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Can anyone tell me about the Sheraton New Orleans club lounge? I'm debating between NO Marriott and the Sheraton. The M Club at Marriott is reputed to be really nice. But Sheraton is a bit cheaper.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 7:22 am

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Can anyone tell me about the Sheraton New Orleans club lounge? I'm debating between NO Marriott and the Sheraton. The M Club at Marriott is reputed to be really nice. But Sheraton is a bit cheaper.
I was last there in 2014, so it's possible something has changed since that time. At the time, the service, the offerings, and the view at the Sheraton were absolutely superb, one of the better offerings in NA.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:36 am
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Originally Posted by unclepants
I was last there in 2014, so it's possible something has changed since that time. At the time, the service, the offerings, and the view at the Sheraton were absolutely superb, one of the better offerings in NA.
I was there in 2016 for mardi gras and I felt the offerings were kind of cheap, but it could have been because of mardi gras.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: SPG lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Super Elite, Priority Club Platinum Elite,
Have stayed there a few times. Have always been given a really big suite with floor to ceiling windows. Lounge is pretty good, standard breakfast fare - nothing special but lots of local dishes at night which is a really nice touch (boudin, oysters, étoufée etc...). All the staff I encountered in the lounge were very nice, polite and friendly. I've also stayed at the Westin and the Sheraton is much better (rooms, upgrades, staff, lounge).
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by unclepants
That's what I'm seeing!

Originally Posted by howtofreetravel
I was there in 2016 for mardi gras and I felt the offerings were kind of cheap, but it could have been because of mardi gras.
Sounds like maybe it was b/c of MG, given the other replies. Hopefully, anyway!

Originally Posted by Dubosc
Have stayed there a few times. Have always been given a really big suite with floor to ceiling windows. Lounge is pretty good, standard breakfast fare - nothing special but lots of local dishes at night which is a really nice touch (boudin, oysters, étoufée etc...). All the staff I encountered in the lounge were very nice, polite and friendly. I've also stayed at the Westin and the Sheraton is much better (rooms, upgrades, staff, lounge).
This is great info. I actually think I'd rather have the better PM food as opposed to AM. Is there any beer/wine/cocktails either for purchase or complimentary?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Did you look before posting you question? a couple of posting above yours is my review of it from May of this year.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Anyone take public transit to get from the airport to the hotel? I arrive early, so have plenty of time. Any suggestions/advice appreciated.
Old Nov 1, 2016, 3:02 pm

deleted
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Anyone take public transit to get from the airport to the hotel? I arrive early, so have plenty of time. Any suggestions/advice appreciated.
The airport is about a 45 minute drive from the hotel, use Uber, that is what I did.

Last edited by FlightNurse; Nov 2, 2016 at 12:28 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.