Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton New Orleans [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton New Orleans [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2017, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Same here. Posted my review from my Nov visit on post #139 .
Old Apr 5, 2017, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
I hope you escalated the club level issue to management. This way staff can be retrained and future guest wont have the same issue you have.

What is "keesh"? Or do you mean "quiche"? Interesting you report the food was bad as this is generally one of the better lounges.
Yes, sorry quiche. Typed the comment quickly before heading to bed. I sent an email letting the hotel know about the issue. The eggs this morning were decent. The french toast was pretty bad. The rest of the food is fairly average for a club lounge breakfast. I think there was a comment around Mardi Gras of someone else stating the food in the evening was not that great.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 12:22 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Interesting you report the food was bad as this is generally one of the better lounges.
Same here. I have six reservations at this property over the next eight months. My reasons for staying:
1) Good number of suites which provides me an upgrade to a suite 80% of the time.
2) Good food in the Club Lounge.
3) Fantastic views from the lounge and from rooms located on the upper floors of the hotel.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 5:33 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Just came back from a stay here. Received a Plat upgrade to an Executive Suite in advance after their "VIP Team" sent an email about any pre-arrival requests. The room was quite nice and the service was quite good. Had a late 4PM c/o but housekeeping didn't knock on the door at any time after 11AM which was a first. Club lounge was nice since it's open 24 hours in case you need water/soda/chips. The food selection was okay but I noticed the hot entrees were always gone by the time I got there. I would definitely return as the location of the hotel was really good even though I was in the French Quarter most of the time. Only negative was when I called the Guest Services lines to checkout via phone, I was told I would need to checkout at the Front Desk which was a bit annoying as I never had any resistance about this until this stay. I mentioned this to the FD agent and she apologized for the wrong information, they could've checked me out via phone or I could've did an express checkout even after 2PM.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
I was told I would need to checkout at the Front Desk which was a bit annoying as I never had any resistance about this until this stay. I mentioned this to the FD agent and she apologized for the wrong information, they could've checked me out via phone or I could've did an express checkout even after 2PM.
Unless there was something wrong on your bill, you don't have to stop by or call to check out. Just leave.
FlyerTalkUserName likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by prncess674
Unless there was something wrong on your bill, you don't have to stop by or call to check out. Just leave.
That is true but I'd rather let the hotel know I'm out of the room so HSKPing doesn't have to wait (if they are).
KENNECTED likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
I recently spent 4 nights.

Very friendly staff

Upgrade to a smaller suite, which was just fine. (The only annoyance was that it was near the top of the first elevator bank, so I had to go down to 8, to get up to the lounge on 42.)

Lounge selections fine enough. Breakfast was so so, and the evening treats were better - in fact, very good. I've never been in a domestic USA lounge so well staffed and constantly replenishing items.

Check-out. I wanted a paper bill, but the line was too long, so I went to the app and there was a "check out" button. However, my email address is incorrect in this hotel's system so I now need to contact the hotel for the folio.

I'd return without hesitation.
controller1 likes this.
Old May 4, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Cat 6 now, requiring 220,000 points now for 5 nights. Even with 5th night free, that's too high for this property (admittedly over a special event so perhaps award rates are jacked). But if this is the new normal, I'm bummed. This was my go to property in Nola and at those award rates, can't use it other than for time periods that have reasonable paid rates.
unclepants likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2021, 5:50 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Any recent visits to the lounge? On another forum, one person mentioned that breakfast was being served for club members on the second floor and not the lounge. Is that still the case or was that only a temporary COVID thing? I'll be in town in November and the lounge was a big reason for me initially choosing this hotel.
Old Oct 5, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, SPG LT Plat & Plat 100, SWA A+ & CP
I can’t answer your question but when in full operation, this was one of the best club lounges (in the US) I’ve been to. Food was spectacular. Montreal (yes…Canada) is up there too. Another great lounge when no covid.
Old Nov 17, 2021, 1:59 pm

Can anyone confirm if the club lounge is open? Or any other Marriots NOLA?
Old Nov 17, 2021, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Their what to expect web page (https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/msyis) says that the lounge is open for beverages and snacks.

David
Old Dec 12, 2022, 6:12 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, United Platinum, Delta Silver
Any post-Covid stays at the Sheraton?
Old Dec 12, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wondering the same thing... my last stay was pre-covid so wondering how the facilities/amenities etc are now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.