Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 11:40 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Have been there for one night again.

Food in lounge were very limited (no hot offerings this time) and also no bread, but got some slices of bread on request. On offer in bowl arranged potatoe salad and some sort of couscous. Wine and beer were available till the closure of the lounge at 23:00.

I was told, that lounge will open at 07:00, but one can have continental breakfast prior to 07:00 in the restaurant. I asked about opening at 06:30 and was told, this would not be possible as they are short of staf prior to 07:00.

Upsell for full buffet is 8.50 EUR.

Another flyertalker was staying there and decided to get the breakfast in the restaurant as Platinum amentiy and also only got the continental and had to sign a receipt for an upsell to full buffet for 8.50 EUR. I hope this was an error, otherwise this would not make much sense.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Had an interesting stay here, especially with the FD staff. I couldn't tell if she is new and learning the role or just not interested in working there. She checked me in and asked for my preference for the Platinum amenity and I selected points. However when I asked about late check-out, she said regular check-out is at 12noon and it is 10 Euros extra per hour after that. I then asked doesn't SPG Platinum get complementary late check-out until 4pm, then she said yes. I wasn't sure how to take the information she provided about the 10 Euros extra per hour after she already knew I was a platinum. Was she trying to charge extra for late check-out to a SPG platinum, after she asked me what I wanted for the platinum amenity? I then asked for the Club lounge breakfast hours and she said one thing and then said she wasn't sure and asked another person at the FD. However upon receiving the room keys and trying to enter the lounge, I realize she never programmed the key for lounge access. So I had to trek back to the FD to get the keys re-programmed for the lounge, which was a bit annoying to say the least. Of course not a single word of apology for the inconvenience of having to walk back and forth needlessly to get the room key re-programmed for the lounge. As I said, I am not sure if she is new and still learning the ropes or just doesn't care about the job. Perhaps my expectation from the FD staff is too high. I know this is a bit of a rant, but quite an unusual check-in experience I must say,
Old Aug 25, 2017, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Staying here in a few weeks - its pretty accessible to the center of Dusseldorf via train right? Figure need to go explore a little - my flight in the AM is not all that early
Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:14 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
S11 subway right under the airport. 25-30 min to Hbf.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by seawolf
S11 subway right under the airport. 25-30 min to Hbf.
The actual running time of the train is approx. 10 Mins from Airport Terminal Station to Main Station.
At main station you connect to the subway/U-bahn to Heinrich-heine-allee or Königsallee. Takes 5 mins...
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
Lounge is currently closed for renovation. Buffet breakfast is available at the restaurant for Platinum members. Supposedly the lounge will open again in November. For evening canape, a small section is set up at the restaurant for drinks (soft drink and beer) along with some small sandwiches.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Anyone stay here recently? Any updates to the above?
Old Jun 14, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It's been a while since I stayed here, any recent updates?
Booked a room on points, as the lowest rate was something like 450 Euro/night next week.
Makes 30k points seem good value... 7.20 Am departure, so cannot beat the location of the Sheraton.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue Platinum For Life
Originally Posted by thomas199023
It's been a while since I stayed here, any recent updates?
Booked a room on points, as the lowest rate was something like 450 Euro/night next week.
Makes 30k points seem good value... 7.20 Am departure, so cannot beat the location of the Sheraton.
Looking forward to your review thomas199023!
thomas199023 likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:48 am

Stay was good, room pretty nice, and renovated a few years back.
Bathroom, still old German style with a bath/shower combination, very clean though.

Lounge closed, but free drinks in restaurant.
Strangely, even though the hotel was booked out for the night, the bar was closed? Only place to get a drink was in the restaurant.
Left too early to have breakfast.
Old Feb 14, 2023, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Due to flight cancellations currently at this hotel and it’s so far pleasant. Was upgraded to a club room (looking at the hotel map I’d guess most rooms are of a similar size) and the club lounge is open. Was some sandwich snacks and drinks when we went there earlier around 15:00, and there was beer too (didn’t have any, not sure if they meant to lock the beer at this time?). Dinner from 19:00 I’m informed.

I do enjoy the robotic mini bar (Jeeves) that you can summon to your room via your phone!

Got the non-airport side, view isn’t terrible and it’s quite a nice evening to have the window open:

Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:35 am

I wonder if it still possible to make reservation for a child and get points to parent's Bonvoy account / use benefits of the card, at this hotel?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Coffeemadman
Dinner from 19:00 I’m informed.
By any chance were you there at the time?

Found a review from 2022 where the evening selection was only a salad, and one hot dish (pasta) on request.
Old Apr 6, 2024, 9:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by cwis

Found a review from 2022 where the evening selection was only a salad, and one hot dish (pasta) on request.
I did go in for the dinner, from memory there were a couple of hot options, though it's not a large lounge so it wasn't a large selection. Was very promptly removed at the time dinner was over (there was a lot of food taken away; never understood why they don't just stop topping up and leave the food to be eaten by those in the lounge a little longer).

The hot food was definitely not on request.
Old Apr 27, 2024, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by cwis

Replying to my own post. Booked the Sheraton Düsseldorf, very happy with our stay. The lounge is medium-sized, but did not feel crowded during our stay. Alcohol served during the hors d'œuvre offerings. Cold options plated (in glasses), and two kind of salads on rotation. One hot dish as well.

Breakfast was provided in the lounge, and we were able to upgrade to the main buffet for 10.50€ per pax. We preferred having our breakfast there as there were a lot of choice, and the restaurant has a nice view.

One disappointement about this hotel: there are no fridges in the rooms. And we were upgraded to a Junior Suite. Bummer.

Overall, we would definitely visit again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.