Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2010, 6:32 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Is this instead of having a club lounge for Executive Rooms and SPG Platinum access? Does the hotel offer free breakfast to Plats/Exec Rooms?
Exactly, they have three room categories and 2 junior suites, which really do not differ too much, so they need some tangible perk to justify the surcharge for an Exec. room.

Did not stay there this year, but so far I never received free breakfast, however some colleagues did...so a classic ymmv.

In any case, during non-fair preiods, they offered breakfast for ~ Euro 15, which is okay, the quality ( Bavarian themed buffet ) is pretty good.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Stayed there last night. Booked 3 months ago, and rate was 308 €. However, they offered C&P, 60 $ & 4000 points, which I preferred.

We checked in late (11pm) and they gave us an upgraded Exec Room. Unfortunately it had one 140cm wide bed, which was a bit ambitious for me and my 16y old son. After some attempts to change - they claimed the Hotel was fully booked, which sounds credible at 308 € -we secured a special handicapped room (402), which was a bit basic, but had two wide separate beds. Very helpful check in staff, informed about free internet as a Platinum benefit, and free breakfast.

In the morning, the internet failed to work. When I tried to call the front desk I noted that none of the inroom phones worked, which probably explained the internet connection failure.

The front desk, probably at 20m from the room, apologised and offerd to send the technical staff, but due to my stretched schedule I just used the Link@Sheraton Computers in the Lobby.

The shower had no hot water and only limited pressure. At check out I mentioned this without complaining with my usual vigour, and they offered to waive the Cash Portion of the rate.

Not the best property in the Starwood familiy, but location and service attitude will make sure I will come back.

Another positive point to note is that they accepted my 14y old son travelling alone on my prepaid reservation a few months ago, and gave him all the Platinum benefits(and I got the 500 Plat benefit points).
MilanistaBaku likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 12:36 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Zorro
...Another positive point to note is that they accepted my 14y old son travelling alone on my prepaid reservation a few months ago, and gave him all the Platinum benefits(and I got the 500 Plat benefit points).
You should have bought a lottery ticket on that day.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
MilanistaBaku likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by reiner
You have to pay for the Sky train from the parking place to the airport terminal. It's "Kurzstrecke" and the rate is about 1,20€ one way.
I realize this is an old post, but I did want to correct this. If you park in an Apcoa parking garage, your parking ticket (bring it with you!) is valid for transport on the SkyTrain for up to nine passengers.
http://www.duesseldorf-international...en/b_skytrain/
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
You should have bought a lottery ticket on that day.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Better odds? do you think I was lucky?

I would like to believe that this is standard practice for a fine customer service oriented organisation such as Starwood.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 1:54 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by Zorro
Better odds? do you think I was lucky?
Absolutely.

I would like to believe that this is standard practice for a fine customer service oriented organisation such as Starwood.
I don't think most Starwood hotels would entertain allowing a minor to check-in by his or herself, much less giving benefits to a Platinum member who was not even there. YMMV.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

[email protected]
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by soitgoes
I realize this is an old post, but I did want to correct this. If you park in an Apcoa parking garage, your parking ticket (bring it with you!) is valid for transport on the SkyTrain for up to nine passengers.
http://www.duesseldorf-international...en/b_skytrain/
And to add: The cheap parking lot at the long distance railway station is not an Apoca parking lot but operated by Q-Park.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
And to add: The cheap parking lot at the long distance railway station is not an Apoca parking lot but operated by Q-Park.
I guess paying 1/3 of the price to park is worth buying a Kurzstrecke ticket, then.
I have actually had tickets checked several times on the SkyTrain...more frequently than on the S-Bahn. Each time there's been quite a bit of confusion from some passengers. Some of the checkers then just asked to see airline tickets and were happy with that.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, AA 1MM, UA 1MM
Does anyone happen to know if this hotel has "day rate" (arrive in the morning, depart in the evening)? Many airport hotels do, in my experience.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 4:01 am

Programs: DL LTG, SPG LTP, Mar. PLT
Originally Posted by Rom Sac
Does anyone happen to know if this hotel has "day rate" (arrive in the morning, depart in the evening)? Many airport hotels do, in my experience.
Yes they have a "Day rate" it's fairly expensive 129 Euro's.

Go to their web site, make a dummy booking and the rate will show up at the bottom of the page.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by FD1971
In any case, during non-fair preiods, they offered breakfast for ~ Euro 15, which is okay, the quality ( Bavarian themed buffet ) is pretty good.
Breakfast was (would have been) €23 today - non fare period, as the hotel wys very empty and room rates were €99.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 6:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by Rambuster
Breakfast was (would have been) €23 today - non fare period, as the hotel wys very empty and room rates were €99.
Starwood reported recently that bookings for Germany year over year for the first six months were up close ~ 9 % in comparison to 2009...so I guess the incentives are over...

In any case, if you book the Sleep & Fly rate, the buffet is only Euro 15, IIRC
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
Had a pleasant one night stay at the airport Sheraton. Got upgraded to an executive room as a Plat, so no suite upgrade, but for one night that wasn't so terrible. From looking at the hotel description the hotel has over 200 rooms, but only 2 suites, so the chance of snatching a suite upgrade seems pretty low in general.

They have a nice perk at checkin (not sure whether it's just for Plats or for all SPG members): They show you pictures of different F&B packages, e.g. different sweets, chips, nuts and crackers or a package of non-alcoholic drinks. You can choose one and it is delivered free of charge to your room.

I choose the drinks package and got 3 different juices (orange, apple, grape), a coke, a mineral water and a non-alcoholic beer. Thumbs up for that!

The breakfast was also pretty decent with lots of stuff to offer and a live cooking station, which makes omelettes or fried eggs.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
The F&B packeges only for plat. I always change the non-alcoholic beer to a real beer out of the refri.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, AC*E, PC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Delta Gold
Update

I have an upcoming stay at the hotel for a single night. Any updates on Plat treatment? Unfortunately, the rate is a steep 459 Euros. Thank goodness its a business expense and not out of personal pocket...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.