Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2007, 12:21 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ac/elite
I was last there in Feb 2005, but as a Platinum I received no upgrade and no evening snacks or drinks. The front desk manager said that they were very busy so they couldn't offer me any upgrade at all. I negotiated free breakfast in lieu of an upgrade, but it wasn't something that they offered until I requested it. My rate didn't include breakfast. There was no executive lounge.

i was there last week.. Not the best SPG hotel, but convenient...

They have very few rooms for upgrade as I was told... moved from basic room to executive room -> hardly any difference I see in the two rooms. If I knew about the breakfast, I would have asked for the breakfast instead of the upgrade
Old Jun 23, 2007, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
To be honest, if you have to go to downtown Duesseldorf and want to stick to Starwood I would prefer the 4P. It is (like the Araballa) nothing to write home about. I use that one sometime when I don't want to drive home from my office. I get nice (suite) upgrades, minibar is free and a (good) breakfast is free either.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
The mini bar is free of charge at the DUS ArabellaSheraton.
2 beers, 1 coke, 1 OJ, 1 apple juice, 1 small bottle of water and 1 large bottle of water plus a kitkat and some nut snack.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 9:28 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
To be honest, if you have to go to downtown Duesseldorf and want to stick to Starwood I would prefer the 4P. It is (like the Araballa) nothing to write home about. I use that one sometime when I don't want to drive home from my office. I get nice (suite) upgrades, minibar is free and a (good) breakfast is free either.
NOT, IMHO. The 4P had the TV go out for over 2 days last time I was there and IMHO is less convenient.
Old Jun 23, 2007, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stc
NOT, IMHO. The 4P had the TV go out for over 2 days last time I was there and IMHO is less convenient.
I remember the story... Well, it is in 3 minutes walking distance from the Königsallee and it offers in general good value for money. I pay something aroung 80 Euros there and get my suite and my breakfast. If you need a real hotel, neither the Arabella at the airport nor the 4P would be my choice but the Interconti, the Crown Plaza and the Steigenberger. Close to the Airport (10 Euro by Taxi) is a very good Hilton. The Arabella is 25 minutes by suburban train and underground or 19 Euros by Taxi away from Königsallee...
Old Jun 23, 2007, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
I sometimes stay at the 4P on a Sunday night. If I am lucky I get a rate of €59 - € 69. As they know me well there and greet me by name when I arrive I have a corner suite (417) in 99% of my stays. For this price the hotel is very good and always good to maximise on the Starwood promotions

As FlyingLawyer mentioned the Hilton is very nice but half way between the city and the airport. The IC is located directly on Königsallee. (Right next door to my fancy lawyers office )
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Anyone stay here lately and can comment on parking rates? I am driving from Antwerp and want to leave a car for 3 days. Was not able to find a parking rate on the site.

Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mrEzE
Anyone stay here lately and can comment on parking rates? I am driving from Antwerp and want to leave a car for 3 days. Was not able to find a parking rate on the site.

Thanks
I do not know about their parking rates, however, DUS airport is pretty expensive and I would not be amazed if they do no longer offer parking rates. You might wish to use the parking lot at the "Flughafenbahnhof". This is seven Euro a day and the Skytrain connects from the station to the Terminal in a few minutes.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Anyone stay here lately and can comment on parking rates?
3 Euro per hour and 22,50 Euro per 24 hours

They also have special parking lots near the hotel entrance at parking garage # 3
Old Aug 11, 2009, 9:50 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Marriott Platinum; SPG Gold; OnePass Gold; Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by olisch
3 Euro per hour and 22,50 Euro per 24 hours

They also have special parking lots near the hotel entrance at parking garage # 3
Yikes. That's some pretty pricey parking when I convert back to USD.

I sent an email to the hotel and they confirmed they do not have parking or parking rates.

Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
I do not know about their parking rates, however, DUS airport is pretty expensive and I would not be amazed if they do no longer offer parking rates. You might wish to use the parking lot at the "Flughafenbahnhof". This is seven Euro a day and the Skytrain connects from the station to the Terminal in a few minutes.
Is Flughafenbahnhof a place or a business? Possibly something the GPS would recognize, and do you know if the shuttle would be running around 11 PM? Thanks.

Edit: Google says this is a train station. Is this the best bet for some cheap airport parking?

Last edited by mrEzE; Aug 11, 2009 at 10:14 am
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Parking at DUS is operated by Apcoa, one of the bigger companies in the business in Europe.

Depending on when you arrive, you should follow the signs to Flughafenbahnhof, parking there sets you back Euro 7 and three minutes of walking towards the station, where the Dus Airtrain will get you to the Terminal, one minute away from the elevator to the Sheration, in 6-7 minutes. A few hundred metres away from the Flughafenbahnhof, there is free street parking.

What you should know, the first 15 minutes parking are free of charge at DUS, so you can park right next to the elevator to the lobby, check in and drop your bags and then look for parking around the airport railway station, quite easy and not as difficult as it might sound.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Google says this is a train station. Is this the best bet for some cheap airport parking?
Indeed, it it the airport long distance railway station. I would say it gives you the best value (= comfort) for money. The Skytrain operates until 0:45
Old Aug 12, 2009, 1:11 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, BA blue
You have to pay for the Sky train from the parking place to the airport terminal. It's "Kurzstrecke" and the rate is about 1,20€ one way.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 2:44 am

Thanks for all the info. Looks like it will be the Flughafenbahnhof and the tram.
Old Mar 26, 2010, 3:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Rambuster
The mini bar is free of charge at the DUS ArabellaSheraton.
2 beers, 1 coke, 1 OJ, 1 apple juice, 1 small bottle of water and 1 large bottle of water plus a kitkat and some nut snack.
Is this instead of having a club lounge for Executive Rooms and SPG Platinum access? Does the hotel offer free breakfast to Plats/Exec Rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.