Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stc
I disagree. The lounge is useful for coffee (and maybe a quick bite) before exercising in the morning followed by full breakfast.
But you can do that at the restaurant buffet. There's no rule saying you have to sit down and have a full breakfast. Sometimes I just pop in for OJ and a croissant as I'll get another breakfast on the plane.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: Mattiott Lifetime Titanium Elite, LH SEN, IB Emerald, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FD1971

Having a lounge at places like Offenbach, Frankfurt Congress or MUC would really be a plus.
Front desk at the Sheraton DUS told me that Offenbach will leave Starwood soon.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 9:31 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stc
I disagree. The lounge is useful for coffee (and maybe a quick bite) before exercising in the morning followed by full breakfast.
My fear is they will put a continental breakfast in the lounge and no more buffet for Platinums in Ottos.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:22 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by stimpy
But you can do that at the restaurant buffet. There's no rule saying you have to sit down and have a full breakfast. Sometimes I just pop in for OJ and a croissant as I'll get another breakfast on the plane.
Most hotels will not let you enter the buffet twice after leaving the room. I want coffee. Then I want to exercise. Then I want breakfast in the hotel. A lounge generally allows me to do that.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by stc
Most hotels will not let you enter the buffet twice after leaving the room.
This hotel does. In fact they hardly register your presence at all.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:07 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by stc
Most hotels will not let you enter the buffet twice after leaving the room. I want coffee. Then I want to exercise. Then I want breakfast in the hotel. A lounge generally allows me to do that.
I am really curious here, did any hotel ever make a fuss, when you triend to use the buffet twice, especially after only taking a cup of coffee with you during the first 'seating'

IIRC, the Sheraton DUS used to have coffee and an early light buffet to go in the lobby for guests leaving on early flights, but I do not know if they discontinued this service.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Andie007
It is a Schörghuber property, so you never know if they rebrand the place as the Arabella Büsingpalais soon. Anyway, aside from the spa, the hotel is in need of a major renovation. Well, I fear that goes for the whole city of Offenbach.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 7:16 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by FD1971
I am really curious here, did any hotel ever make a fuss, when you triend to use the buffet twice, especially after only taking a cup of coffee with you during the first 'seating'

IIRC, the Sheraton DUS used to have coffee and an early light buffet to go in the lobby for guests leaving on early flights, but I do not know if they discontinued this service.
Yes. Certainly in the USA you get a bill each time you go in. Internationally, I've seen them consult a list of room numbers and if the room number is checked off, they get all fussy. Maybe not at a Sheraton, but certainly at other brands.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 2:46 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Stayed here last night and was upgraded to what was interchangeably called an executive room or club room - so I guess they are still coming to terms with the naming.

Room was compact and the bathroom was very small, but the renovation was quite nice. The Sheraton bed was also nice and comfy and soundproofing was good.

Got the full breakfast in the restaurant, the 500 points (I assume) and they still offer the choice of the extra amenity - I guess that'll change when the Club opens.

The club door had a sign along the lines of the secret is out and we are opening in Jan. Ultimately the hotel was nothing special, but was just what you expect from an airport hotel and I was very happy with my stay.

I'll be back in just over a week so hopefully can check out the club then.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by chad75
I'll be back in just over a week so hopefully can check out the club then.
Same here - will be there on 11-Jan.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold *woodPlat LHFTL Marriott Lifetime Plat.
This is really bad news. The Offenbach property was not up to much and, IMHO the front desk rather rude, but this reduces the number of Starwood properties in Germany even more.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:26 am

Picture of the lounge is now online:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=144

Looks great!
Old Jan 2, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Silver, HH SILVER, Bonvoy PLAT, A/club PLAT, Hyatt Diamond
Picture of the lounge is now online:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sherat...propertyID=144

Looks great!
Thanks ! Finally there
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by friedberger
This is really bad news. The Offenbach property was not up to much and, IMHO the front desk rather rude, but this reduces the number of Starwood properties in Germany even more.
The contract is up for renewal at the end of this year, so we do not want to jump to conclusions too early.

I do see some room for discussion about the amount of money the owner has to spend to keep it up to Sheraton standards.

The renovated rooms at the Sheraton DUS look good, Essen is next, so let's hope Offenbach stays on board as well.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:35 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat. WOH Glob. SQ Gold
Well checked in tonight and was looking forward to testing the new lounge. But horrors of horrors the opening has been slightly delayed. Now planned to open on Tuesday.

Also at checkin a near crisis was averted - I'm still learning my way around the addition amenity and chose the one with the beer and chips. The check in lady kindly said she would upgrade the beer to a real one, I had no idea the one contained in the amenity was non-alcoholic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.