Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by willliamjia
i do not know the name of that suite. It is decent with a separated living room.
That's the Kioi suite. The bedroom portion is the same as the Grand Deluxe Corner King, and the adjacent living room with the sitting area and meeting table is the added portion.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 1:09 am

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Just wonder if Platinum members are no longer given lounge access. If so, wonder how much extra do we need to pay to access the lounge? Many thanks.
Old Sep 23, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by lesteryen
Just wonder if Platinum members are no longer given lounge access. If so, wonder how much extra do we need to pay to access the lounge? Many thanks.
I think it's 15,000 for Platinum or higher. If not 18,000 JPY.
lesteryen likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 2:42 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Just finished 3 nights here. STARS 3rd night free rate. Upgraded to my preferred corner room, continuing my streak of 100% upgrade rate to grand deluxe corner room here, which is my specific requested upgrade.

Hotel still very good. Rooms are showing some wear and tear, particularly scuffing in the entry hallway no doubt due to suitcases bumping the walls and whatnot. They should probably have taken the opportunity to do some repainting while occupancy was low. This room really is fantastic though, one of my favorites in Tokyo next to Aman and FS Otemachi. I've never been in the standard room so I can't speak to how well those compare these days.

I think FS has really raised the bar on luxury in Tokyo at the price level it occupies below the Aman. But the PG rates have been considerably lower for all the trips I've been planning. We shall see if that's just a remnant of no-tourism times or if they stick around. I've always had a 33k corp rate here so it doesn't much matter to me.

Breakfast is generally considered to not be the strongest point at this hotel by folks here. Somehow I always end up being the one to report on these changes as I also reported the negative changes after the Bonvoy integration. I am sad to say that the offering has gotten worse still.

No buffet, due to COVID or whatever, so you pick either western or Japanese breakfast. The Japanese breakfast was very good, but the loss of the buffet selection is just really terrible. I couldn't even get juice or sparkling water with the Japanese breakfast without it being an extra charge. Can't grab misc items either like some fruits or a croissant.

Contrast that with The Mitsui where I am currently staying in Kyoto where it is also a la carte with some set menus, but you can basically just order anything you want and it's covered.

I haven't been anywhere else in Tokyo yet so I'm not sure how degraded other hotels have gotten. Generally any property that had both buffet and a la carte accessible at the same time is obviously going to be downgraded by dropping the buffet part. Headed to Conrad on Friday so I can give some compare/contrast after that.

Overall though, this is still my preferred property in Tokyo in the Marriott system. I might find the EDITION preferable rated purely on hard product, but not for the prices they charge and honestly I only think the terrace rooms there are worth it. At their normal rates you're better off going to FS Otemachi or saving a huge bundle by going to PG.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Oct 5, 2022 at 2:50 am
Old Oct 5, 2022, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Just finished five nights here and I must say the experience was absolutely exceptional.

Ill post a longer review shortly, but wow what an phenomenal property. Can't wait to go back.

​​​​
​​​​
​​​
Old Oct 8, 2022, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Posting my mini review, but I want to preface it by saying I was there just before the tourism floodgates open on the 11th. From speaking with the hotel employees and concierge team, I know they are anticipating a huge influx of tourists. YMMV

Booked five nights through the STARS program with a 3rd night free. Wish I could have stayed a sixth night as it would have been essentially free. The standard STARS benefits were included, but the food credit is 13000 yen, not $100 so keep that in mind. Also, you can't use it at the spa, only for dining.

Hotel location is in the Kioicho neighborhood, about 30-40min from Haneda. Uber from the airport was about $65. The location is definetely not in the middle of the action, but there are a couple streets nearby with nice restaurants, bars, and convenience stores. We used the Akasaka-Mitsuke subway station pretty much the entire trip. It's a 5min walk from the back entrance of the hotel and has an elevator to street level. I think we ended up riding the Ginza Line from top to bottom

The hotel itself is located in a mixed use building, and arriving by car involves going through a long driveway into the structure. After arriving by car or taking the escalators from the backside entrance, you use one set of elevators to arrive at the hotel lobby on the 36th floor. Once at the lobby, you use another set of elevators to reach the other hotel floors.

The check in process was fantastic from start to finish. The valet met us immediately, took our bags, and guided us up to the lobby. Once upstairs, a front desk manager was waiting outside the elevator to greet us and took us to the club for check in and a champagne welcome drinks. We had booked a standard grand deluxe room, but were told we could use the club during our stay. The room provided was also on the 36th floor which made it very convenient coming and going as we didn't need to take two sets of elevators. I also appreciated the welcome gift option of decorative chopsticks. Too few hotels have these kitschy little gifts anymore and I get tired of the standard 1000 point bonus everytime.

Our room was at the end of the hallway, but did provide for some fantastic views of Tokyo. Beyond the view, the room was incredibly comfortable and well appointed. As a couple traveling with two large suitcases and carry ons, we never felt cramped or out of space. It also felt like everything was in the right place and we had at our disposal all the amenities one would expect from such a property. I especially liked the little hidden corner closet for the nespresso and water boiler.

Two things about the room I want to highlight are the bed and bathroom. The bed might be my favorite so far in any hotel. I know everyone has a different mattress preference, but for me, the bedding quality and mattress softness provided for some very restful sleep. The bathroom needs to be mentioned as well. Sure you get the fancy Japanese toilet experience, but the shower is the star attraction. We loved it so much I jotted the brand name of the shower head. Also, shout out to the hotel for providing an EXTRA set of bath products. I can't tell you how many times I've had to call for more shampoo or body wash. All in all, even though it wasn't a suite, could not have been happier with the room.

We did not use the spa or fitness center, but did eat at the restaurant one morning. As mentioned by others, it's a set menu, either Japanese or western, and you have some flexibility in terms of how your eggs come cooked and juice selection. Nothing mind blowing, but the quality was there. We didn't try any of the on site restaraunts, but did have room service breakfast one morning and found it to be better than the breakfast downstairs. Definetely recommend using some of your credit to dine in one morning wearing the provided kimonos

The club lounge was small, but well stocked. Throughout the day, you could grab soft drinks, coffee, tea, beer, and cold sake. We tried the afternoon tea, but though it was kind of meh. The desserts were somewhat low quality and too cold.

Want to highlight the wonderful concierge team. Any and every request was promptly answered and dealt with. They even bought us Swallows Baseball tickets and picked it up at 7/11. As with any hotel in Japan, make sure you sign their credit card authorization form ASAP for quick restaurant reservations.

This was definetely one of my favorite hotel experiences and I can't imagine coming back to Tokyo and staying anywhere else. I really can't recommend this property enough. A+

If anyone has specific questions, I'd be happy to try and answer
​​​​
​​​​​​
​​​​

​​​

​​​​

3rdworldresident likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold
I just had an excellent stay there. The service throughout the entire stay was great, especially at checking out when I was in a rush and informed them that I needed some help with my luggage and a taxi to the Tokyo Station. After I called them to come to my room to pick up my luggage, they came within 10 minutes, and by the time I finished with my check out process and got downstairs, a taxi was waiting for me with all luggage already inside the luggage cabinet of the taxi.

However, due to the massive amount of tourists visiting Tokyo, I did not get any upgrade to the corner rooms or suites as a Platinum member, but was given a room on the 36/F facing Tokyo Tower. I have booked the Club Deluxe King room and got the same room type.

I wish the hotel can offer free Club Lounge access to Platinum members or above, as it does not really cost them too much, and most of the time people like me would be outside of the hotel during the day shopping in Ginza, Shibuya or Shinjuku.
Old Oct 29, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by lesteryen
I just had an excellent stay there. The service throughout the entire stay was great, especially at checking out when I was in a rush and informed them that I needed some help with my luggage and a taxi to the Tokyo Station. After I called them to come to my room to pick up my luggage, they came within 10 minutes, and by the time I finished with my check out process and got downstairs, a taxi was waiting for me with all luggage already inside the luggage cabinet of the taxi.

However, due to the massive amount of tourists visiting Tokyo, I did not get any upgrade to the corner rooms or suites as a Platinum member, but was given a room on the 36/F facing Tokyo Tower. I have booked the Club Deluxe King room and got the same room type.

I wish the hotel can offer free Club Lounge access to Platinum members or above, as it does not really cost them too much, and most of the time people like me would be outside of the hotel during the day shopping in Ginza, Shibuya or Shinjuku.
Glad to hear service is still good. I miss this place, last stay was in December 2019 just before COVID in one of the spectacular Designer Suites.

I think you underestimate the number of guests staying at a hotel like this who are Platinum and above (at many higher end five star hotels it is like 20-25% of guests or something extreme these days), so I do understand why they don’t want to offer free flow champagne all day to that proportion of guests. The lounge here is also pretty small.
hailstorm and Kacee like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I just checked in today after a 4 night stay at the Tokyo Marriott (which was also excellent). WOW. This hotel is beautiful; I was given the most basic category of room tonight but will be moved to an upgraded room tomorrow (they mentioned this at check-in as an option; I'm happy to see two different kinds of rooms here). I particularly love the bath + shower room combo with the rainfall shower next to a tub in the enclosed room, and the huge window with view of Tokyo.

I was a little surprised club lounge access isn't complimentary for platinum+ (I'm ambassador), but honestly going to the supermarket downstairs for $15 of bottled green tea covers my lounge needs and especially in masking time I'd rather just stay in my room rather than stay in the lounge.

Wifi here is refreshingly fast (50mhps up/down minimum).
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I was a little surprised club lounge access isn't complimentary for platinum+ (I'm ambassador), ).
Honestly the food in the lounge was mediocre when they granted access. Access was changed several years ago when Bonvoy was launched.

“Lounge Access is not offered at the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, St. Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels”
Kacee likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Honestly the food in the lounge was mediocre when they granted access. Access was changed several years ago when Bonvoy was launched.

“Lounge Access is not offered at the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, Ritz-Carlton Reserve, St. Regis, EDITION, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels”
It's a nice little lounge, but nothing really special. As usual with lounges, I think the big attraction is the free liquor (not a consideration for me). It would lose all appeal if filled to overflowing with elites, so I totally understand them shutting off the free access.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 6:02 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Yes, this is the policy, but the Royal Hawaiian (a Luxury Collection Hotel) has provided lounge access for Platinum's and above for a number of years in my experience, at least they have as recently as 2019. The RH may be the only exception to this rule.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:32 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
Yes, this is the policy, but the Royal Hawaiian (a Luxury Collection Hotel) has provided lounge access for Platinum's and above for a number of years in my experience, at least they have as recently as 2019. The RH may be the only exception to this rule.
The Royal Hawaiian does not have a lounge anymore as of 2022. One exception to this rule is Grosvenor House (Luxury Collection) in Dubai, which is good as that is easily the best lounge I have ever experienced across all brands so far.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 9:58 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Silver, ANA MC, HH Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Plat, Shangri-La GC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The Royal Hawaiian does not have a lounge anymore as of 2022.
I think that was a temporary move during the pandemic, is it now permanent?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 10:01 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by Nagasaki Joe
I think that was a temporary move during the pandemic, is it now permanent?
I stayed in the Mailani Tower the last time, and it appeared to have been converted to a space for cultural activities. Perhaps, it was temporary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.