Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by joedaddy
Anyone have issue with Chase Bonvoy card only giving 2x points instead of 6x points?
I got full points on my AMEX.

Did you book through Marriott, Prince, or a third party?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
I got full points on my AMEX.

Did you book through Marriott, Prince, or a third party?
Prince
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joedaddy
Prince
That’s probably why.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, IHG Spire, AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
That’s probably why.
shouldn’t make any difference isn’t the hotel processing the payment in both cases?

online are useless for this when I have issues I always phone.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
shouldn’t make any difference isn’t the hotel processing the payment in both cases?

online are useless for this when I have issues I always phone.
I've always gotten 6X at this property with my AMEX over many stays including as recently as August, so it's possible they process the payment in a different manner for Marriott bookings. Not that I think they aren't entitled to the 6X for booking through Prince as the T&Cs don't say you have to book through Marriott; rather that if it's not a reservation from Marriott that seems like a likely reason why something could go wrong at this sort of "mixed" Marriott/independent property. Unless perhaps something has changed very recently in which case we'll probably hear about more issues of this sort.

Agree that calling is the best method for resolution.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by TGLoyalty
It sounds like it did in your case. I do believe it's possible the charge is coded differently based on the booking channel.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 1:51 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Kacee
It sounds like it did in your case. I do believe it's possible the charge is coded differently based on the booking channel.
thanks. I meant to say I booked using AMEX travel through work. Payment was made at the counter during check-out by swiping my Chase Marriott card.

I called Chase, and the rep said she'll send a note to the promotional/marketing dept (i forget which). I should have my answer within 5 business days.

The plot thickens... I received full credit at other names such as Sheraton, Westin, Four Points, etc. without a problem.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 10:38 am

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by helvetic
I did mention the spa / baths facilities in my expert review, with pictures even. They were never crowded. They are gender-segregated aside from the main pool are. They have very nice views and are relaxing. IIRC, there was hot and cold water baths, steam room, sauna, etc. Expectations is guests are naked, though you'll see the occasional prude American in a swimsuit.

A cutback in benefits is a bummer and absolutely appropriate discussion material for a board like FT.
Doing a paid stay here later this year, assuming Japan opens up. At 100000 points its not worth it to redeem. ( the paid rate is not cheap btw ) However the comments on past stays are beyond astounding, and further reinforces my belief that the Four Seasons should never start a loyalty program much less a credit card, less they want to ruin the brand and their business model.

It will become like the Ritz Carlton is today. Eeeh…….

The vultures should stick to lower category properties, where they can get what they want. A suite that they can instagram people to and a mediocre lounge when you can get 10000 yen wine, nuts + snacks for free. The Hyatt Regency Shinjuku comes to mind.
nexusCFX likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by OpenSky
The vultures should stick to lower category properties, where they can get what they want. A suite that they can instagram people to and a mediocre lounge when you can get 10000 yen wine, nuts + snacks for free. The Hyatt Regency Shinjuku comes to mind.
10000 yen wine? I was just there last month, and they didn't offer me anything that fancy.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Originally Posted by hailstorm
10000 yen wine? I was just there last month, and they didn't offer me anything that fancy.
Sorry, added a ZERO. . I meant 1000 yen.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
If you're allowed to adjust the quantity, then I guess any wine can be 10000 yen wine...
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
this hotel is now one of the latest Forbes 5-star hotel in Tokyo.

personally, i felt they deserve it.
Old Feb 19, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident
this hotel is now one of the latest Forbes 5-star hotel in Tokyo.
This is great! However, I was a bit surprised that Four Seasons Hotel Tokyo at Marunouchi, Aman Tokyo and Park Hyatt Tokyo are (still?) 4-star hotels. Especially, Aman is over $1k/night and the quality of hotel/service is top notch....
Old Feb 19, 2021, 4:47 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's the entire list? Link?
Old Feb 19, 2021, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What's the entire list? Link?
https://www.forbestravelguide.com/de...ns/tokyo-japan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.