Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2023, 9:14 am
TDV

Originally Posted by lax01
Just got back from a two night stay via Hotel Collection booking on AMEXTravel...it is a very nice hotel. Were given 14,000yen to spend at that ^ bar which cover about 4 drinks haha (its not cheap - all of the hotel bars in Tokyo appear to be ripoffs).

Forgot to ask for a corner room but we were exhausted and just wanted to get to the room and relax....was a very nice "deluxe" room with a view of the Tokyo Tower
Did you get the benefits and points credit to your Marriott account? TIA.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by TDV
Did you get the benefits and points credit to your Marriott account? TIA.
Had to go back and double-check...but yes I did.

+10,660 Points

(8,128 Base + 2,032 Elite + 500 Extra)
Old Dec 12, 2023, 10:46 pm

I stayed here in November for eight (8) nights! It was a truly fantastic stay. They couldn't upgrade me since the hotel was fully booked, but it's okay.

I had an amazing corner room, which was extremely spacious--the views were amazing even from the shower area. Bed, pillows and Byredo toiletries were great, and I loved the yukata they provided as evening wear. They also gave me a welcome gift of THE BEST GRAPES (two different types: shine muscat and kyoho) I've ever eaten because I booked through FHR.

I really liked their swimming pool, which was quite empty most of the times, but be warned--the men's shower area is connected to the sauna/hot spa, which are located immediately by a very transparent glass door. I was flashed by two naked standing men who were both facing the transparent glass door when I first tried going into the showers and had to take a moment to ground myself because I totally forgot nudity is the norm for saunas in Asia.

Service was amazing. I used the concierge a couple of times to make reservations (mostly for restaurants), and they were extremely helpful and made sure to send several paper mail reminders for said reservations.

Breakfast buffet was okay. I've tried both American & Japanese items. You get to order an a la carte breakfast item from a menu that's mostly comprised of egg dishes (there is a french toast item). Super speedy service.

Location is GREAT. Initially, I was worried because my friends thought I wasn't close to a lot of the main attractions, but it's located very close to like five or six main train lines. I was constantly hoping on/off the Ginza line!
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: Bonvoy :Ambassador , ALL :Diamond, Skywards :Silver, Krisflyer :Silver
Even their base room is very decent for Tokyo hotels.

Would love to return.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:56 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
Does anyone happen to have a photo of the bathroom glass in the Deluxe room when it's set to fully opaque? I'll be traveling with a friend and getting a twin room, and we want to be sure of privacy. I've scrolled through the reviews but I'm not finding such a photo. Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2024, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by Kufat
Does anyone happen to have a photo of the bathroom glass in the Deluxe room when it's set to fully opaque? I'll be traveling with a friend and getting a twin room, and we want to be sure of privacy. I've scrolled through the reviews but I'm not finding such a photo. Thanks!
I didn't take any photos but I remember it being pretty opaque...the bathroom is also in another room from what I remember
Old Mar 2, 2024, 10:14 pm

Is anyone familiar with how pricing at this hotel trends over time, and if they hold back the standard rooms (I believe called Superior Rooms)? I was looking at some dates in late November and the pricing seemed quite high compared to closer in dates, which seemed atypical for Japanese hotels (usually I see them get progressively more expensive as the date of stay comes closer). I also noticed that on one night, they no longer offer Superior Rooms, only Deluxe Rooms (which aren't eligible for award bookings from what I can tell), and it seems strange to me they're sold out so far in advance, so I was wondering if they hold them back to be sold later or something
Old Mar 3, 2024, 2:51 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by SuperEWR
Is anyone familiar with how pricing at this hotel trends over time, and if they hold back the standard rooms (I believe called Superior Rooms)? I was looking at some dates in late November and the pricing seemed quite high compared to closer in dates, which seemed atypical for Japanese hotels (usually I see them get progressively more expensive as the date of stay comes closer). I also noticed that on one night, they no longer offer Superior Rooms, only Deluxe Rooms (which aren't eligible for award bookings from what I can tell), and it seems strange to me they're sold out so far in advance, so I was wondering if they hold them back to be sold later or something
It's been a few years since I last stayed here, but I believe they do only have a few of the Superior Rooms (most rooms are Deluxe), so they may well be sold out.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: MB Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb, UA Silver
Originally Posted by SuperEWR
I believe there's only 12 Superior Rooms compared to 100+ Deluxe Rooms which makes award redemption for this hotel quite difficult as you guess correctly that only Superior is eligible for award booking.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Changes may be on the horizon.

Seibu may sell 36-story Tokyo office building for ¥300 billion, sources say

The sale of Tokyo Garden Terrace Kioicho could be worth at least ¥300 billion ($2 billion), two of the sources said. The complex was launched in 2016 in a $690 million development project at the site of the former Grand Prince Hotel Akasaka, which Seibu also owned.

At that size, the deal would be close to the ¥436 billion sale by the government of its stake in the Otemachi Place office tower in 2022, the highest value property transaction in Japan's history.

Seibu has approached around 10 potential buyers, including Japanese real estate developers and global investment funds such as Blackstone and GIC, said one of the people, all of whom declined to be identified as the matter is private.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.