Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
As of February 2019 this hotel no longer offers club lounge access to Marriott Platinum and higher guests, even if upgraded to a room category which would otherwise offer lounge access, so lounge access mentioned in older reviews would no longer apply.

The hotel also no longer participates in Suite Night Awards.

Breakfast offering for Platinum and higher is in restaurant, buffet plus made to order eggs.

Expert Review from May 2018 posted to the Luxury Hotels Forum: “Stunning hard product with great concierge and service”
https://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-revi...d-service-2620
Print Wikipost

The Prince Gallery Tokyo Kioicho, Japan, LC [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2019, 11:52 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Originally Posted by cur
i came here to see the reviews about the rooms, and in particular the baths and the recreational facilities but going back 10 pages whlie also going thru page 24-35 apparently
everyone here only cares about:
1) receiving an upgrade for a room at a luxury hotel that they did not pay for when the tc clearly says that's the way it gonna be, PERIOHD.
2) receiving a free glass of wine or some beverage or the gratitude of being invited into a lounge (which is always a bummer place to hang out unless you can get drunk for free in a city where that will cost more than usd25, at which point they will have a cash bar, which is stupid because like the Marriott Provo Utah you can just find a dive bar next door with way more interesting people) and
3) receiving free nuts and crappy snacks

when in reality:
1) staying in a regular room at one of these places is way nicer than being an upgraded marriott or non jw, w, st regis room, period.
2) you can just buy that bottle at family mart at any hour of your choosing for usd25/bottle and
3a) you can buy the nuts and snacks you want for for usd1-3/pack at family mart plus they have chu-hi which no luxury lounge will ever have, which is a shame.
3b) there are tons of ramen and sushi bars near by which offer better experience and ambiance than any lounge serving crappy room temperature dumplings

i get it, i'm a lifetime gold and current plat, a lot of people really like their hotel and entitlements but you're also not in wichita falls on a dry night you're in the thick of tokyo. so this thread is a bit frustrating to read. one thing if you're a road warrior in a dry county, another if you're on vacation in the middle of one of the world's great cities.

so will anyone tell me how the baths on the recreational level are? are they nice? clean? hot? crowded? slow? do they have background music? one towel provided or as many as you like? any views? do they have cold and hot? sauna? steamroom? can plats us this for free? either way i'll bring my own damn chu-hai into the baths thankyou.
I did mention the spa / baths facilities in my expert review, with pictures even. They were never crowded. They are gender-segregated aside from the main pool are. They have very nice views and are relaxing. IIRC, there was hot and cold water baths, steam room, sauna, etc. Expectations is guests are naked, though you'll see the occasional prude American in a swimsuit.

A cutback in benefits is a bummer and absolutely appropriate discussion material for a board like FT.
karenkay and cur like this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
It took me a few visits to figure out that there are a few convenience stores on the ground level and slightly above. And 3-4 levels of restaurants in different price categories.

This makes it easy to buy drinks and snacks for your room.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by flyerbjorn
It took me a few visits to figure out that there are a few convenience stores on the ground level and slightly above. And 3-4 levels of restaurants in different price categories.

This makes it easy to buy drinks and snacks for your room.
You could use Amazon Pantry as well.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
If we're just talking about the baths, then I prefer the Prince Sakura Tower to the offering here.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 9:40 am

Took a photo of the breakfast menus. While the eggs and Japanese breakfast are nice, I wouldn’t pay the new tariff. Also, after staying a week, the lounge food and the buffet breakfast food do not change at all.

hailstorm likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 12:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by JK
Thanks MSPeconomist. We land at 7:10am on a Saturday. I guess I’ll just wing it when I land

Presume fairly safe just taking a taxi from the stand at the airport? In terms of being metered, and not getting screwed as in some other countries (yes Sweden, I’m looking at you).
At that hour, I'd suggest looking for the airport limobus since you're unlikely to be able to access your room at such an early hour anyway. There's an English website with schedules and price information. If you arrive at the international terminal at HND, after baggage claim you basically walk straight ahead for some distance (IIRC it's signposted well toward public transportation) and you'll see ticket desks/machines. Then you walk farther in the same direction and then down (elevator/escalator, you're never carrying luggage up/down stairs) one level to the bus loading zones. It's easy and very convenient as well as being cheap (for Japan).

I've never had issues with taxis in Japan. They tend to be very clean and perfectly maintained even if the vehicles aren't always brand new. Drivers dress well, even with white gloves, and are very polite but probably don't speak English--it's very useful to have the address written in Japanese characters or even a picture (postcard) of the building if it's a well known hotel. IME you can pay by credit card, and don't forget that one does *not* tip in Japan.
hailstorm and JK like this.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:21 pm

Does anyone know the closest subway that is almost underneath the hotel is? I know there are three lines going under but I need to know which one is the closest ?? Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2019, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by anchor79
Does anyone know the closest subway that is almost underneath the hotel is? I know there are three lines going under but I need to know which one is the closest ?? Thanks!
Hi,

Nagatacho station looks close but we stayed at the New Otani (across the road from the Prince Gallery) in April and we walked to the Akasaka Mitsuke station and found the Ginza and Marunouchi lines very useful for explorinf tokyo

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Can anyone suggest if an upgrade cost of 12000 JPY + tax is worth the upgrade to club level? That is the difference in my corporate rate (38K vs. 50K). Marriott Gold.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Can anyone suggest if an upgrade cost of 12000 JPY + tax is worth the upgrade to club level? That is the difference in my corporate rate (38K vs. 50K). Marriott Gold.
If you’re traveling for business, sure. Out of pocket, I’d pass. There are better ways to spend ~$150cad/day in Tokyo.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you're sufficiently elite, you get free breakfast anyway, so the question is whether you want to pay over $100 (per room or per person?) for drinks and their very nice happy hour. It's an excellent lounge IMO but wouldn't compare to a RC Club (which generally prices at about $100 per day in various locations, but I haven't looked at Tokyo RC prices recently).

If you have Hyatt status, Tokyo has two properties with lounges (GH in Roppongi and HR in Shinjuku) plus the PH in Shinjuku which offers a very nice twilight time happy hour to Globs (or you can pay under 50,000 per person for it even if not staying at the hotel).
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
I would basically be doing it for breakfast, and evening drinks before we head out for dinner.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:47 pm

I would basically be doing it for breakfast, and evening drinks before we head out for dinner.
The regular hotel breakfast seems to cost 5,000 yen at most, so you'd be paying 7,000 yen per day for pre-dinner drinks. It sounds like a lot of drinking, but alcohol can be expensive in Japan.

OTOH, the hotel has a couple nice bars (where the modern lobby bar has great views) and for breakfast, there are some alternatives downstairs in the building, in the "mall" of shops oriented toward office workers. There are also some convenience stores if you want to buy snacks.

IMO paying for lounge access would make more sense if you were planning to do it as a dinner substitute.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

IMO paying for lounge access would make more sense if you were planning to do it as a dinner substitute.
Thank you. I judge people who skip dinner in TOKYO to eat snacks in a lounge, so I think I will pass on the Club.
damon88, JK and bhrubin like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thank you. I judge people who skip dinner in TOKYO to eat snacks in a lounge.
I've eaten in Tokyo restaurants over five thousand times. On staycations I often prefer something simple within a stone's throw of my room. Feel free to keep judging me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.