Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 1:00 am

Originally Posted by macabus
The hotels always collect taxes when C&P are used.

It's calculated automatically when a charge is made.
I never paid any taxes or service charges for any of my C&Ps I had done. Most of my stays are in Asia with some in Europe and Australia.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by jaejaez
I never paid any taxes or service charges for any of my C&Ps I had done. Most of my stays are in Asia with some in Europe and Australia.
How many stays has this been if you don't mind my asking?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:32 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Is there a technical error.

This hotel is not showing up on the list of SPG hotels of Thailand

To top it off, I can check rates for all the Bangkok hotels, but not this one. Colour me curiuos?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:32 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
No problem seeing rates via spg2go.com

I check in this evening and assume this is just a technical glitch.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by schley
How many stays has this been if you don't mind my asking?
not that many on C+P but still at least a dozen..
the last one i had done was at W Walkerhill in Korea.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:41 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ortType=region

The hotel doesn't seem to be listed in the directory of SPG Thailand either. The only Westin listed is in Phuket
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by seanthepilot
https://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefe...ortType=region

The hotel doesn't seem to be listed in the directory of SPG Thailand either. The only Westin listed is in Phuket
seems to be showing up now....
Old Jun 23, 2010, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by saad
seems to be showing up now....
Shows up for me as well. And I'm sitting in my room now on my 71st stay. I received a complimentary in-room spa treatment voucher for my 70th. ^

Maybe seanthepilot is just not welcome?
Old Jun 23, 2010, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by yosithezet
seanthepilot, what were you up to last time you stayed here????
Old Jun 25, 2010, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Shows up for me as well. And I'm sitting in my room now on my 71st stay. I received a complimentary in-room spa treatment voucher for my 70th. ^

Let us know what you get for the 100th. I'm thinking a complimentary night in the best room?
Old Jun 27, 2010, 8:44 am

I finally got my points for the shower head survey.

Also, when I checked in last week I got a card that stated that now through July 31 you get 4X SPG points when you dine at Kisso or Taste at the WGS.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Also, when I checked in last week I got a card that stated that now through July 31 you get 4X SPG points when you dine at Kisso or Taste at the WGS.
That is a good deal. I just hope they got their system adjusted so the points actually post. I always had trouble getting points to post for dining requiring and email.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by mcgahat
That is a good deal. I just hope they got their system adjusted so the points actually post. I always had trouble getting points to post for dining requiring and email.
I have this issue with the SGS all the time when dining outside of the framework of a stay. I haven't tried this at the WGS.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 2:04 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
I finally got my points for the shower head survey.

Just received this in an email last week: http://www.westingrandesukhumvit.com/newsletter.html
Old Sep 8, 2010, 1:19 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Global Services
Suites

Ended up today with an extra leisure night in Bangkok and decided to use some cash and points for a quick 1 night stay. Had SPG Platinum desk first call the Westin Grande Sukhumvit to see if they could confirm an upgrade to a suite since I'm already in Bangkok, it's 2pm, I can check into the hotel very shortly if necessary and I see that "deluxe suites" are available for purchase on the website.

The Platinum desk calls the Westin and then informs me that the front desk says the "deluxe suites" on their website are not being offered to Platinum members for upgrades! I looked at the Westin website and other than standard rooms and executive rooms, the hotel has these "deluxe suites" and then "executive suites" that are the same as the deluxe but apparently on higher floors with better views.

Can anyone with experience with this hotel explain upgrades here? From the thread appears they more often than not just upgrade to an executive room but not suites to Platinum guests. I stayed once here for a week about 2 years ago and didn't get upgraded to a suite then either which is why I was cautious this time before booking. I thought these "deluxe suites" were standard suites -- and if so they should have offered them.

Fortunately the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit came through and offered a suite upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.