Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Hotel email: [email protected]
[email protected]

Westin Club Privileges (as of 1 March 2019)

Guests of the Westin Club at The Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok are able to enjoy a range of exclusive privileges, including:
  • Access to the Westin Club Lounge from 06:30 to 23:30 hrs..- Breakfast from 06:30 to 11:00 hrs.
  • Afternoon tea from 12:00 to 16:00 hrs.
  • Evening Cocktails from 17:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee and non-alcoholic refreshments, served in the lounge
  • Optionally, complimentary standard drinks at Seasonal Tastes, Kisso or Zest Bar & Terrace from 18:00 to 20:00 hrs.
  • Complimentary laundry or pressing of 2 pieces per day (non-cumulative). Not including dry cleaning and express service.
  • Complimentary Premium High Speed Internet throughout the hotel
  • Two hours per stay use of the Business Center meeting room
  • Complimentary local telephone calls and calling card access (toll free numbers)
  • Late check-out until 16:00 hrs. available upon request and subject to availability
  • Access to lounge for member plus one guest. This benefit only applies to the one guest room in which the Platinum Elite / Platinum Premier Elite member is staying.
Print Wikipost

Westin Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2010, 5:54 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by olisch
Are your points already credited? I stayed at WGS on 10th april and filled this survey as well, but still wait for my points to get credited
Nope. And, though I said I didn't like the showerhead, they have yet to return the old one to my room. I have the contact details for the person whose name was on the survey. Let me follow up with her and report back.
Old May 4, 2010, 6:24 am

Does anyone know if they charge for 10% service charge and 7% tax if I book a room with the cash & points option?
Since the T&C state Guest is responsible for all taxes and service charges affiliated with the award reservation. I would guess the answer is yes. But I haven't done C&P here in a while.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:28 pm

It was pointed out to me that the survey did say that it would take 3-5 weeks to post the points. I'm now at the 4 week point I believe. The survey seems to be a regional/corporate thing and not something that is being posted by the property itself. It was also mentioned that the current promo may also slow posting, though I'm not certain how.

Apparently this is a 90-day trial. I tried out the second showerhead during this stay and while it has potential, the water pressure is still the main issue. It seems that the dual head that was panned by other posters is not doing well overall.

Anyway, with regards to the points, I'll give it another 2 weeks before I ask again. The property is aware that the points are owed and I don't need them in my account urgently.
Old May 7, 2010, 6:38 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Originally Posted by yosithezet
It was pointed out to me that the survey did say that it would take 3-5 weeks to post the points. I'm now at the 4 week point I believe. The survey seems to be a regional/corporate thing and not something that is being posted by the property itself. It was also mentioned that the current promo may also slow posting, though I'm not certain how.

Apparently this is a 90-day trial. I tried out the second showerhead during this stay and while it has potential, the water pressure is still the main issue. It seems that the dual head that was panned by other posters is not doing well overall.

Anyway, with regards to the points, I'll give it another 2 weeks before I ask again. The property is aware that the points are owed and I don't need them in my account urgently.
I tried out one showerhead but I don't think it's the dual head and the water pressure is very weak. And I haven't seen any of my points lately, not stay points or bonus points. Zilch.
Old May 9, 2010, 5:28 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star

Thanks for chasing that up. I've done 3 of the surveys and haven't seen anything but based in your post I'll wait a few more weeks.
Old May 9, 2010, 6:45 am

Programs: Lufthansa FTL, HHonors Gold, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Since the T&C state Guest is responsible for all taxes and service charges affiliated with the award reservation. I would guess the answer is yes. But I haven't done C&P here in a while.
I also read this, but I remember that somewhere at FT it was pointed out that is up to the hotel whether to charge taxes and services charges with c&p.
Old May 9, 2010, 5:27 pm

I also read this, but I remember that somewhere at FT it was pointed out that is up to the hotel whether to charge taxes and services charges with c&p.
The hotels always collect taxes when C&P are used.

It's calculated automatically when a charge is made.
Old May 9, 2010, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by macabus
The hotels always collect taxes when C&P are used.

It's calculated automatically when a charge is made.
thx ... ^
Old May 10, 2010, 8:59 am

Are your points already credited? I stayed at WGS on 10th april and filled this survey as well, but still wait for my points to get credited
So, my bonus points for the survey have been credited today ...

+500 WESTIN HEAVENLY SHOWER PILOT (10.05.2010)
Old May 11, 2010, 9:11 am

Programs: MH Gold, IHG RA, SPG Gold, QF Silver, Hertz 5 star
My points for the first survey also posted on the 10th
Old May 12, 2010, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by Jages
My points for the first survey also posted on the 10th
Hmm.....should I feel snubbed?
Old May 13, 2010, 5:31 am

Programs: SPG Gold, SQ Blue, OZ Diamond, JAVA and occasionally C
Hmm.....should I feel snubbed?
I got nothing too.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:42 pm

Westin Grande Sukhumvit Starpicks

The WGS is showing on Starpicks now.
http://deals.westin.com/Westin-Grand...446&iATANumber

Pick Your Pleasure with our Last Minute Rate from Baht 3,999++
Starpicks

Renew with last minute fun.

Take advantage of 20% savings from our Starpicks last minute rates starting from Baht 3,999++ per night!
  • Book between June 8 - 18, 2010 for stays between June 17 - August 11, 2010.
  • Reservations are non-changeable and non-refundable.
  • No arrival day required.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
The WGS is showing on Starpicks now.
http://deals.westin.com/Westin-Grand...446&iATANumber

Pick Your Pleasure with our Last Minute Rate from Baht 3,999++
Starpicks

Renew with last minute fun.

Take advantage of 20% savings from our Starpicks last minute rates starting from Baht 3,999++ per night!
  • Book between June 8 - 18, 2010 for stays between June 17 - August 11, 2010.
  • Reservations are non-changeable and non-refundable.
  • No arrival day required.
What does No arrival day required mean?
Old Jun 10, 2010, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by schley
What does No arrival day required mean?
i think it means you can arrive any day of the week....

most of the time stays like this require you to arrive between thursday - sunday....or maybe just on the weekend....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.